Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 1:41 AM
Default Farewell, TS3
For five years, you have allowed this site to grow from its humble origins in TS2 to the premier community-driven website for all The Sims games, and TS4 will...probably never match up to you. And if it does, we'll...probably always remember you.

TS4...here we come.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:09 AM
It's not like every copy of TS3 is going to explode and become unplayable upon release of TS4...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:11 AM
Are you somehow unable to have more than one sims game installed? :P
Seriously though, just because a new version will be out soon doesn't mean TS3 becomes unplayable.
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:33 AM
*claps* Yes, exactly! Goodbye, The Sims 3! Hello, shiny, new and improved, Sims 2 Ultimate Collection!

No more bugs, glitches, or pudding. I'm walking on air!

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:40 AM
Yeah, I have a feeling the TS3 section will remain quite active for a long time, both the forum and the downloads. Just as the TS2 forum and downloads have, 5 years later (and even busier now, with TS2 fresh in the hands of so many players).
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:03 AM
I'm not even sure TS2 should be described as a "humble" beginning. My life is TS3, but I confess TS2 Sims are beautiful, beautiful Sim people with those smiles of theirs. I'd love to be able to do that float-kiss thing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Yeah, I have a feeling the TS3 section will remain quite active for a long time, both the forum and the downloads. Just as the TS2 forum and downloads have, 5 years later (and even busier now, with TS2 fresh in the hands of so many players).

I can't help but agree with that.

As for the rest of the replies, I didn't say TS3 would be unplayable, just that it might be a bit less popular. I mean, you can't say we won't probably be focusing on TS4 for at least a while after it comes out.

Oh, and yes. I have TS2 Ultimate Collection, TS3, and am planning to get TS4. As for TS1, don't touch me. No, get away from-GET! Your initial installment out of here before I install my fist in your mouth.

Not that I have a problem with TS1...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
*claps* Yes, exactly! Goodbye, The Sims 3! Hello, shiny, new and improved, Sims 2 Ultimate Collection!

No more bugs, glitches, or pudding. I'm walking on air!

Whoo-hoo!!

But really, humble beginnings? I think MTS has been around since Sims 1 days and people still play Sims 1, so no, sims 3 won't disappear or explode the day 4 comes out and neither will Sims 2 or 1.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:20 AM
I have TS2 and TS3 installed on my computer. No plans for TS4. No toddlers!

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Inventor
#10 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:33 AM
Now that you remind me of TS1, joandsarah77.... we never got Sims 1 for free, did we? What a shame.... I sold my TS1 copy years ago - and I regret it.

I won't throw away my TS2 and TS3 copy. Never! I think that The Sims 4 isn't worth to throw away ANY other game.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:55 AM
Finally after 5 years, now that there are no new EP's/Patches for Sims 3, mods have it working better than ever with more options of game style, and there is still so many S3 toys to play with (Thank you icarus, ani, douglasveiga et. all) there's no way I can abandon S3. No plans for S4.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Quibilia
For five years, you have allowed this site to grow from its humble origins in TS2 to the premier community-driven website for all The Sims games, and TS4 will...probably never match up to you. And if it does, we'll...probably always remember you.

TS4...here we come.
"humble origins in TS2" ? Really? I didn't think it was that humble!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#13 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:05 AM
Nope. TS3 is in my computer and I won't uninstall it until sims5 (I hope it would be a lot better) due lame "new" generation - TS4
Scholar
#14 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:09 AM
I have such intricate saves that I don't think I would be able to leave Sims 3 for a while.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:37 PM
Hon, you can go on to Sims 4, but I'm staying right here.
Theorist
#16 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:59 PM
Honestly though, even when a new life sim does come out that eclipses Ts3 (and don't hold your breath) it wont have the same hoods, sims, and scenarios that I do have now. Therefore I don't think I'll ever be uninstalling Ts3.
Hoods like Praaven and Al-Simhara, with it's 4 years of upgrades, how could I uninstall those? I couldn't do it.
I'm committed to certain projects on Ts3, and despite no official support plus a new, similar game coming out, nothing changes for me at all.
One thing that you can't ignore is that for 5 years this game has been getting better and better every single day. I mean look, tomorrow we are getting Gondolas. The game gets better.
Many many gameplay enhancements have been made. It will be years before it's overtaken.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
#17 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noeh
It's not like every copy of TS3 is going to explode and become unplayable upon release of TS4...

I really do think that some people are incapable of not feeling like once a new Sims series is introduced, it's predecessor will somehow be deemed a waste of time. That, or they really just tend to say "Goodbye" and move on for good.

Personally, when TS2 was released, I stopped playing TS1 (and I loved, loved, loved TS1). Then, I stopped playing TS2 about six months before TS3 was released.

Eventually, I moved on from TS3 (only played it for two years before going back to playing TS2 exclusively)...even though I didn't have any issues with load times or lagging, and that was with all settings at max. The game simply did not keep my attention (honestly wouldn't have played for as long as I did if not for Twallan's awesome game enhancing/fixing mods).

So, I guess I sort of understand the whole "Goodbye"/out with the old in with the new feeling that some experience.

Edit: Forgot to say that I have no plans for moving on to TS4. Once I uninstalled TS3, EA lost my business for good. Was just sick of their business practices as a whole.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
#18 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:29 PM
About the free TS2 UC. I would be satisfied with just getting TS2 performance for free, so we can take it with us to TS3. Which I am doing atm. I am carefully trying to pin down this elusive Performance creature in TS2. When I catch it, I will take it with me to TS3 and even the glitchy routing crap and 12938798723 CC packages will not slow my game down anymore! It won't be easy, but I had a lot of experience already with not being able to catch this bloody big white wale.

Anyway, The Sims 4? WTB an open neighbourhood and CASt.
Theorist
#19 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
I really do think that some people are incapable of not feeling like once a new Sims series is introduced, it's predecessor will somehow be deemed a waste of time. That, or they really just tend to say "Goodbye" and move on for good.

Yep, that's exactly my wife's attitude on it. Since TS3 came out, she didn't touch TS2 at all. She says she is ready for TS4 and hasn't touched TS3 for a few months and says she's completely done with it forever.

I'm not like that, but then I'm way more addicted to sims than she is. I've gone back to TS2 a few times in the past few years, still play TS3, and I'm sure I'd go back to it after TS4 as well.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:26 PM
The thing to remember is that the base games of Sims 2 and Sims 3 weren't really great, so I wouldn't expect Sims 4 to be great from the start. Frankly, a vanilla Sims 2 is rather boring to me, but maybe because I've played it so much. Tricked out I love it! The base of Sims 1 is still very amusing, but it's so much more when you add Living Large and keeps improving with each expansion. Sims 3 never held my attention very long until the last few expansions. With almost everything installed, it's an engaging game.

Also, I don't say goodbye to one Sims game just because a new kind comes out. To me, these are not different generations or versions of the same game, but rather very different games with some common elements belonging to the same family.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#21 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:56 PM
Despite Sims 2 being, what 10 years old, we can still get lots of CC FREE for it. I have all the EPs for Sims 2, and I still play it (alternatively) with Sims 3 and my 2 humble EPs for that. So, for me, it means no, I cannot rush out and afford Sims 4 or a new computer BUT...I can afford and anticipate Sims 3 expansions going dirt cheap so I can pick them up and expand the game. I welcome Sims 4 primarily for this reason!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:42 PM
At the moment, I've got no interest in Sims 4. That might change after expansions, mods, or the chance to see some let's plays of it, but in the meantime, I'm quite happy flitting back and forth between 3, 2, and 1. I don't understand why people would abandon games they enjoy just because there's something new and shiny to gawk at. And anyway, I play each game completely different so which one I choose to play at the time depends on my mood.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 10:47 PM
I'd love to be able to play Sims 1 again, but only the base game will install. I've been watching a Let's Play which reminded me what a challenge it was compared to Sims 2.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think MTS has been around since Sims 1 days and people still play Sims 1, so no, sims 3 won't disappear or explode the day 4 comes out and neither will Sims 2 or 1.

I don't remember MTS from that far behind, but I had limited access to the internets back then so I couldn't do much research for simming. Anyway this site was called Modthesims2 and wasn't changed to MTS until TS3 came out so I'm guessing MTS came to exist after TS2 came out.

What comes to saying farewell to TS3 I don't see that happening for me at least not in the near future. There are so many things I've never done in this game for example live in a house boat or scuba dive. There are many things I'm looking forward in doing in TS3 for example this weekend, if I have the time to play, my sims will be running a marathon. It's two sims from my hood + 5 sims from other players + one dog who tagged along with her owner (dog is not running). There is also the autumn fair that's happening next round. Having a marketplace with different households selling their own produce in one lot is something I've wanted since OFB came out but the EP was never flexible enough to achieve this. This is the reason I did the stand mod to be able to achieve this.

I'm still getting TS4 but when it's still a question. Do I pre-order, or wait for other players to show real gameplay (not scripted gameplay like EA did) and then make the decision of getting the base game or maybe getting it after a few EP's.

I didn't buy SC5 until EA made the offline mode and gave me a bunch of extra expansion with the same price but after spending one evening playing the tutorial and another setting up my town I haven't touched that game. SC5 is one purchase that I do regret and I don't want to make the same mistake with TS4.
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'd love to be able to play Sims 1 again, but only the base game will install. I've been watching a Let's Play which reminded me what a challenge it was compared to Sims 2.

I have all the disks but I couldn't get them to install properly so I had to use alternative means to get Sims 1. You may have to do the same.
Page 1 of 2