Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 4:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sue's (Secret) Kitchen - crashes?
Everytime I try to travel to Sue's Kitchen in Hobbies, the below message appears.

The application has crashed. The application will now terminate.

I have looked through the FAQs and other threads and have not been able to find anything which fixes it (unless I missed something?)

This is the only "hobbies" location which crashes, the others work fine. Does anyone know how to fix?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 8:41 AM
What happened when you followed the Game Problem FAQ?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 8:47 AM
Nothing. The same error occurs and nothing has changed as far as I can tell? Unless I was doing something wrong...
Site Helper
#4 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 5:35 PM
So, this happens with a completely fresh save game with no CC?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 9:49 PM
@Mootilda, yep. =/ And its the only hobby location it happens to. All the others I've tried work fine.

Maybe I'll try removing all the CC again tonight when I get home from work *sigh*
I just want to enter the cooking competition XD
Site Helper
#6 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 5:44 AM
If it happens with a newly created neighborhood and no CC, then you may have a corrupt version of the hobbies sub-neighborhood in your installation directory (usually under C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\F002). You could try restoring just that neighborhood from your DVD.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 9:37 AM Last edited by kita : 5th Oct 2010 at 9:27 PM.
Ok, so, I re-removed all the custom content in my Downloads folder... And it loaded! (maybe my computer was just having a spaz attack when I first tried?)
So here goes the sorting through 2000 odd files... I think from now on I am going to sort them into categories likes walls, floors etc (I just shoved everything in there as I didn't pre-empt any issues).

Sigh. Sorry for wasting peoples time I should have double tried the CC removal first!

[edit]
so, i'm going through the CC, and i decided to try it with all the CC back in... and now my family wont load at all! Its coming up with the same error as when loading Sue's Kitchen.

[edit2]
ok so i've given up. decided to just restart over again and re-install the game. oh well. at least i know to categorise my CC from now on and it will (hopefully) make it easier if this happens again