Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 11:24 AM
Default WCIF SimPE for MAC?
Is there anything like SimPE for Mac's because I run a Sims 2 Page on Instagram and I would like to be more involve but I can't find a way to package my sims ( safely ) in game to file to share with some people there.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 11:35 AM
Unfortunately, no, there isn't. (In your Googling adventures, you may come across something called Woohoo, which was intended to be a SimPE equivalent, but which was never developed very far or supported, and which was only available by PM'ing someone who left the community for good about eight years ago.) Some people will tell you to use Mono, which will make the Hood Checker work, but which can't deal with all the libraries required by SimPE and which refuses to run SimPE. (Maybe you'll be better with Mono than I was?) When I was on a Mac, I had two options for packaging sims to share:

1. Take lots of careful pictures in-game and then recreate them in Bodyshop (works fine if they're not far off from a template face, or if you're not super picky)
2. Make friends with someone on a PC and send them your hood to extract the sims from (works fantastic, if you can find a patient friend)

Mac players get the short end of the stick in many ways. It takes real dedication to be a Mac Simmer, and I admire that!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 11:53 AM
I might just go with the second option because I can't stand Bodyshop lol, anyways do I send them the whole " Neighborhood " file or the specific hood folder inside that which has my sims in it?

tell me about it I almost broke down trying to manually download old mods lol
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 12:00 PM
The N00X folder, where "X" stands for the number of your hood. (N001 is Pleasantview, N002 is Strangetown, and so on.) Also send your friend the names of the sims you want to extract, because sending the whole N00X folder will also give them any townies, NPCs, etc. -- and I'm guessing you don't want all of them extracted, even if your friend was patient enough to do so.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 12:07 PM
Oh okay, thanks for the help!!