Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meowcatmeowkitty
Yeah. Sadly, TS2 was made in a time when there was less ace and aro (and LGBTQIA+ in general) visibility, so ace and aro sims aren't easy to play and mostly require mods.

TS4 has the same issues, unfortunately. They have included different gender options, which is awesome, though not entirely complete (no selecting pronouns besides she or him for nonbinary sims, for example). I started a household with a femme transman, and being able to do something like that in a vanilla game was really cool. But then, he was also supposed to be aroace, but there aren't any options to make a sim that way. For the most part, he got non-romantic whims, but he occasionally got whims to flirt and such. It's basically the same situation as in TS2. Of course, TS4 is on-going, so they could yet patch something like that in, but I'm not holding my breath. Anyway, I mostly prefer TS2 gameplay to TS4 gameplay.

I did have him open a club for aroaces (no romantic interactions or woohoo allowed. Socializing was in, as was playing video games because that's the leader's favorite thing to do). There's only a married lady in it so far, but the two are really close friends. Heh, he hasn't even met her husband or children yet. I'll have to see if they can visit some time.

It's true, and in this society even in 2016, it's hard to be accepted as ace.We are legend not real especially when you are into an orientation very debatable as aromance or demisexuality.In the sims 2 they required mods . Aromance is the poor slibings of the whole LGBTQA+ prides.It's only a thing I notice.We are forced to play romantic even though in our soul, we can't ! Even me I half can't ! I am demi -heterosexual and even to me it's hard !!

I don't really speak about the gender patching and the lack of pronouns.Gender is so much complex.Some people needs and of course there are no place for questioning people .Some nonbinary needs pronouns, some doesn't need any.Depend on how people are.Same for the look , the clothes, the haistyles etc.Everything about the sims 4 was made 30%.They never finished what they are starting.We can't except adding more or less unknown genders and more or less pronouns.They are numerous ! There is gender nobody really heard yet and these people exists and even some current genders has got different degrees. And they are player like me who really deeply think of the game and questioning about if the sims are really conscious of being binary.

I don't know about the sims 4 really I just played a bit.I just know how much it's frustrating to play a game that is not ours.We have to cope with and try to delete the moods, the whims , the wishes that doesn't really suits us. In my sims 3 game a lot of sims are romantic and they always flirty. For some reasons they just polite in their romance. I just saw one time one of my couple naked before woohooing.It's okay polite romance to me but I know it can hurt people who are much deeper into aromance.

We could expect at least patch and mods from players who are like us, in our pride ,no matter our sexual attraction and preferences.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
It's true, and in this society even in 2016, it's hard to be accepted as ace.We are legend not real especially when you are into an orientation very debatable as aromance or demisexuality.In the sims 2 they required mods . Aromance is the poor slibings of the whole LGBTQA+ prides.It's only a thing I notice.We are forced to play romantic even though in our soul, we can't ! Even me I half can't ! I am demi -heterosexual and even to me it's hard !!

Amen to that. If I hear one more "You just haven't met the right person yet, you'll see!" I'm going to smack someone. Not to mention all the non-ace/aros that feel threatened and like you are saying they are weak/wrong for wanting a relationship, or the ones that go "Man, I wish I was like that, that'd make things so much easier" because they don't get how hard it can be to live in a society that is built to the core around a concept that you don't understand.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 5:50 PM
And yet one of the most prominent, influential people in Western history was obviously an asexual. Read St. Paul's "better to marry than to burn" letter. He was ace and proud. Evangelical about it, even. (And think how different our world today would look if he'd been, say, bi. Or a foot fetishist.) Yet that aspect of him is, not exactly erased, but treated as if it were peculiar to him, not a feature of his identity that can be used for role modeling.

In a lot of ways he was also a jackass, but of whom among Great Men is that not true?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
We can't except adding more or less unknown genders and more or less pronouns.They are numerous !

Maybe not, but you know what I think could go a long way? Being able to give a sim custom pronouns. Enter in the conjugation of whatever pronoun they use and the game will call the sim that.

That'd probably require a revamp of the attraction system, since it only recognizes sims as male or female. I'd propose an extra option under the gender options, for what a sim counts as for attraction purposes, and the addition of an "other" alongside "male" and "female". It is indeed impossible to include every possible gender specifically, but giving the player more lee-way for custom genders would be helpful. Players who want to could add in the sim's pronouns, whatever they may be, mark the sim as "other" and then let their playstyle and imaginations do the rest.

Of course, I'd also love it if they'd add split attraction and support for ace and aro sims. Also cool would be a way to determine a sim's sexuality (and romantic alignment, if they go that route) within CAS and in live mode without having to engage in romantic or sexual interactions, especially if it was optional (so players can still determine their sim's sexuality in live mode through interactions exclusively, if they want). I know there are mods that allow the player to change a sim's sexuality while in live mode, but having that sort of choice be supported by an unmodded game would be nice.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 8:48 PM
It would mean that society had caught up to reality in that area, yeah. So it'd be one of those good feelings you could carry into the larger world with you. Yeah, your cousin can't grasp the idea that you are really you, but this giant corporation realized that it could expand its market share by including you, so the world is passing your cousin by! Maybe now he'll start to catch up, too!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 1:39 AM
So, I have this idea for a hack (though definitely not the skill to make anything remotely like it!) that could facilitate playing ace and/or aro sims in TS2

I know that one way to designate certain behaviors to a specific sim is to use a token that goes in their inventory. Is it possible for there to be a token that modifies what wants sims roll and prevent them from falling in love or getting crushes? If so, I think using tokens could be very effective. Stop sims who are meant to be sex-repulsed asexuals from rolling woohoo wants. Make sex-repulsed asexual sims roll wants to adopt instead of have babies. Stop aromantic sims from falling in love or rolling wants to (but let them woohoo to their heart's content). Stop romance-repulsed sims from rolling any sort of romantic wants. And then, ideally, the player could mix and match those.

I say sex-repulsed asexual because you could play a sex-positive asexual without mods, with a little imagination. Not all aces are that way, though.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 1:55 AM
If people can only be one of those two, then what am I? I'm not sexually attracted to either males or females.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#33 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 2:04 AM
No, Mike. This was not so and is not so and God forbid it should be so. Just because something doesn't fit into the categories you grew up with, doesn't make it fake, or done for attention, or perverted, or any of the other pejoratives you can hurl at it. You are not the arbiter of what is natural and right for other people.

I am not gay. I am not straight. I am bisexual. I can be attracted to more than one sex and to more than one gender. I am also monogamous and I happened to marry a man, so I may look straight to the casual observer, but I still find women attractive; I just don't do anything about it. And if my husband dies, I may fall then in love with a woman. I may fall in love with a transman. I may fall in love with someone who is genderflud. This cannot be predicted and is not obliged to make sense to anybody else.

As for the "agree/funny/love" person - I'm talking to you, too. This is not funny. This is mean. This is walking up to someone and saying: You cannot be what you are; you have to be what I think you should be."

People commit suicide over crap like this. Educate yourself before you hurt someone you love by spouting this nonsense at them when they come out to you. And kindly apologize to the people you just openly insulted.

Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 2:35 AM
I've been looking at this thread without commenting to learn about aro/ace people and how they play them in the Sims, as it's not something i've given much thought to.

Mike, that is incredibly insensitive. Everyone in this world is different and diversity is a beautiful thing. Frankly I know Peni already said it best. I'm not ace or aro myself, I am bisexual and biromantic and like Peni have ended up marrying a man so I realize most people assume that I am straight, but I am still bisexual. I am also monogamous and if something were to happen to my husband may fall in love with a woman, a transman or anyone regardless of gender identity.

People's sexual orientation, preferences, none of that has to make sense to anyone else. It doesn't hurt anyone and it's not hard to just accept and love people for who they are. What does hurt is people not being accepted for they are truly are, as Peni said people commit suicide over crap like this.

I grew up thinking of suicide everyday for years because my family said anyone that isn't straight is going you-know-where and bisexual people like me are horrible people according to them. I can not help that I am bisexual, no one can help who they are or are not attracted to. It's just a part of who someone is. My family still refuses to listen to me when I say i'm bisexual, something i've been telling them for 14 years.

I hope if I say something wrong someone will call me out on it. Part of life is always learning and growing.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#35 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MikeJMW55
Wait is this for real? What in the name of Christ...There are TWO sexualities. Gay, and straight. Holy shit it's 2016 and people want to be so different they'll make love to a stalk of broccoli...ridiculous

What are all these not-straight, not-gay posters in this thread, then? Well educated hallucinations?

As for aro/ace sims, Castor Nova will be asexual in my Uberhood. Might be hard to play, given all the females that have crushes on him, but also hilarious.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 9:01 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 10th Oct 2016 at 11:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I grew up thinking of suicide everyday for years because my family said anyone that isn't straight is going you-know-where and bisexual people like me are horrible people according to them.

To Hell? I've been there. The real estate goes for a bit of a premium, but the wi-fi is better than in Heaven. I've met Beelzebub too, an interesting guy to talk to, but an odd obsession with insects. If he starts talking about being lord of the flies, just humour him.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#37 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 2:33 PM
I was so angry I forgot to respond to Meowcatmeowkitty. I don't know much about coding, but I know (because I have them) that there are mods that adjust the original coding for wants to marry/have join union and adopt/have baby so that a want for one is satisfied by either. These are global, however, and you want something to tailor individuals, and I don't know if this can be done from within the game. I have no idea whether making a new token is possible, either.

I do know that if you drag attraction to both sexes down to the max with an editing tool - SimPE and the gender preference kite will both do the job - you can make a sex-repulsed asexual. If you have the Baby Wants Fix and havechildnotadopt (http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=14.0) it won't matter whether the sim rolls a want to have a baby or to adopt one - adopting will satisfy both. A Family sim may still want to marry and fall in love, but will be sexually repulsed by everybody. I don't know how difficult it would be to play someone who was repulsed by sex but wanted a companionate marriage with lots of snuggling and/or a partner with whom to raise adopted children. So you could try that while experimenting with the making of tokens etc.

Mad Poster
#38 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 5:58 PM
Thing is, the gender preferences pretty much affect all romantic actions. 'tis a pain, and probably a place where the Sims 3 traits would perform better - even then, the closest trait to sex-repulsed would probably be Unflirty, and that's not the best match.

Alchemist
#39 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 6:45 PM Last edited by omglo : 10th Oct 2016 at 8:49 PM.
Wait is this for real? What in the name of Christ...There are TWO sexualities. Gay, and straight. Holy shit it's 2016 and people want to be so different they'll make love to a stalk of broccoli...ridiculous
We've made so much progress in 2016, while not really moving past the harmful need to shame people for who they are inside. Who cares, if it's not hurting anyone? If this were the 50s, someone just like you would be directing this viewpoint at a gay person and arguing that there was only one sexual preference.

There have always been people who don't fit strictly into a gay or straight box. It's just safer to be honest about it now, and that leads to people realizing that they aren't broken or alone in their feelings and preferences.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I was so angry I forgot to respond to Meowcatmeowkitty. I don't know much about coding, but I know (because I have them) that there are mods that adjust the original coding for wants to marry/have join union and adopt/have baby so that a want for one is satisfied by either. These are global, however, and you want something to tailor individuals, and I don't know if this can be done from within the game. I have no idea whether making a new token is possible, either.

I do know that if you drag attraction to both sexes down to the max with an editing tool - SimPE and the gender preference kite will both do the job - you can make a sex-repulsed asexual. If you have the Baby Wants Fix and havechildnotadopt (http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=14.0) it won't matter whether the sim rolls a want to have a baby or to adopt one - adopting will satisfy both. A Family sim may still want to marry and fall in love, but will be sexually repulsed by everybody. I don't know how difficult it would be to play someone who was repulsed by sex but wanted a companionate marriage with lots of snuggling and/or a partner with whom to raise adopted children. So you could try that while experimenting with the making of tokens etc.

I did download the kites and test them out on a sim. He did still roll romantic wants, though (it was spring time). I haven't seen him roll romantic wants since, or check anyone out , but the romantic wants were annoying. At one point, they took up half of his want slots. He did seem to stop rolling those sorts of wants outside of spring, but then, he's a pure (no secondary aspiration) knowledge sim in college.

Those mods you mentioned do sound useful, though!

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Thing is, the gender preferences pretty much affect all romantic actions. 'tis a pain, and probably a place where the Sims 3 traits would perform better - even then, the closest trait to sex-repulsed would probably be Unflirty, and that's not the best match.

Well, my thinking was that you could use the tokens along with negative preference for both genders for sex-repulsed aroace sims. Not all aros or aces are both, and it would be nice to be able to play them too: an asexual sim who still checks out and wants to flirt with others sims, and might fall in love and get married, or an aromantic sim who wants to woohoo. After all, the character I want to make a sim version of, the one that prompted me to make this thread, is asexual but panromantic. I don't mind it if she checks sims out or wants to go on a date or kiss a sim, but woohoo wants would be OOC.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#41 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 7:20 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 10th Oct 2016 at 7:50 PM.

Does it hurt to be so narrow minded? Just because gay and straight were the only "recognized" (perhaps I should say socially acceptable instead?) sexualities does NOT mean that the others didn't exist all those years. They did and people just didn't know what to call them and/or refused to recognize their existence. Not having a name for and/or denying a thing's existence doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

I grew up thinking of myself as a straight woman. I had boyfriends, I got married, I had children. Despite being sexually abused for a huge chunk of my early childhood, I looked forward to and enjoyed sex for the most part. Guess what? I was never a straight woman. There was time periods through out my life where I had no interest - and when I say no interest, I mean NONE and the very idea made me queasy - in sex with any gender for quite a while, then the interest would come back.. then it would go away, then it would come back again. For the last 7 years of my life I've had absolutely no interest again.. that may change in the future, it might not. If it doesn't I'm ok with that. If you were to ask me I wouldn't say I'm asexual - I'd say I identify as aceflux, which is in the asexual spectrum. Wait a minute! No I wouldn't, because according to you there can only be gay and straight. So therefore I couldn't possibly exist and you would never ask what my sexuality is.

It being 2016 doesn't mean that people want to be different. It means that times have changed and people want to be recognized for who and what they are. Open your mind a little, it can be a mind-blowing experience.

Edit: Editing because of my "perhaps I should say socially acceptable instead?" above. I realize that's still not right since being gay is something that people are still afraid to let others find out about them because they're afraid of how they'll be treated afterwards. I put that in there because of what MikeJMW55 said since it seems that being anything other than gay or straight is NOT socially acceptable to him. That was NOT meant to offend anyone and if it did, please accept my apologies.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 6:04 PM Last edited by LucieSims : 12th Oct 2016 at 10:07 AM. Reason: I forgot an answer too much stuff to say
Default my reply !!
Please forgive my english, it's not my everyday either my native language.

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Amen to that. If I hear one more "You just haven't met the right person yet, you'll see!" I'm going to smack someone. Not to mention all the non-ace/aros that feel threatened and like you are saying they are weak/wrong for wanting a relationship, or the ones that go "Man, I wish I was like that, that'd make things so much easier" because they don't get how hard it can be to live in a society that is built to the core around a concept that you don't understand.

I kill the button agree because what you say is true ! Thank you ! I have the same speech about me, I am demiro and I am tired of hearing that as if Life is only black and white sided.There is absolutely don't have a place for the grey-zone , and even it's ruder when you read Internet speeches about demisexuality and asexuality that telling we are not exist at all. We are considered as a bad joke , or just hetero,gay,lesb,bisexual etc.or as a too prude human or too much wise . I know ..."you don't have find the right man" .When girls speaks about sexuality , the feelings they got when they are around a man/woman/non-binary "hot" person , they speak of feelings I never feel and I rather close my mouth or say "yeah yeah " to avoid laugh.
When I am around somebody , I don't feel anything.To me girls, boys,non-binary people are just human.It rarely happen I can have a heart stoke.They are equal to me .Only for 27 years old - I discovered my real sexuality last year soon - I did not understood we are exist and I am proud of being free and not a weird girl.

and I am much revolted when nobody wants in the SJW pride to design a demi-heterosexuality flag whereas all the other preferences are made . Nobody rejects me in our pride , no matter the gender you are.We're a family we are all brothers and sisters but they doesn't care just because everything around heterosexuality is the norm.I am not understood by heterosexuals as well.Worst I am an alien from an other galaxy for them and I am always welcomed in the whole Ace pride.I just don't understand this segregation that doesn't exist in our pride.
:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc so proud of my ace for being awesome I am just tired of being labelled as normal just because I like men.If I were normal I could not speak about ace sexuality as I am doing and I never could reply this post.
---

For the pronouns it's a good idea , even though I won't use it myself because I am confused with genderism in fact.I even sometimes think is all genders are just invention to divide humanity and making confusion can't we just be who we want to be without being labelled just because genitals and behaviour, are we really really all binary for people who is labelled as such whereas we all got a part of feminism and a part of masculism in each of us ? I just respect humanity, we are all God's children. Nevermind I just read there are a lot of non-binary genders (if you glance at the deviant art there are a lot of flags I love some of them despite I am not) and perhaps a lot of numerous pronouns , I am afraid people can be hurt if they don't get their own and not only "hirs" "hers","xe"; "xem", "they".These are the most common I saw here and there. Even the sims doesn't care of their genders They care of their traits and if they are occult , aliens or not.Sometimes I watch my simself and I question me : is she conscious she is labelled as a girl?
Voilà it's all my own thoughts, feel free to be disagree/agree with , it's all personal here.No hate on people just confusion.I read a lot and I am sometimes lost , all these gorgeous different people on this Earth , that's very amazing.

oops sorry I forgot to post my reply to you : meowcatmeowkitty .

Quote: Originally posted by meowcatmeowkitty
Maybe not, but you know what I think could go a long way? Being able to give a sim custom pronouns. Enter in the conjugation of whatever pronoun they use and the game will call the sim that.

That'd probably require a revamp of the attraction system, since it only recognizes sims as male or female. I'd propose an extra option under the gender options, for what a sim counts as for attraction purposes, and the addition of an "other" alongside "male" and "female". It is indeed impossible to include every possible gender specifically, but giving the player more lee-way for custom genders would be helpful. Players who want to could add in the sim's pronouns, whatever they may be, mark the sim as "other" and then let their playstyle and imaginations do the rest.

Of course, I'd also love it if they'd add split attraction and support for ace and aro sims. Also cool would be a way to determine a sim's sexuality (and romantic alignment, if they go that route) within CAS and in live mode without having to engage in romantic or sexual interactions, especially if it was optional (so players can still determine their sim's sexuality in live mode through interactions exclusively, if they want). I know there are mods that allow the player to change a sim's sexuality while in live mode, but having that sort of choice be supported by an unmodded game would be nice.

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc preach it !! And not only based on parody and much more flexible . I am afraid of changing my simself traits in the sims 3 into cold or comitment issues just because I found them too much rigid.The day I am with a somebody I can wait a looong time before because I am cold trait in fact I can share affection.If people plays with with a such sim please tell me more.I am afraid if someday sims she have a boyfriend she can't share affection a bit.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 11:57 AM

What I am writing here could be very hurtful. No offenses of anybody here I just explained my evolution.

I was like you for many years of my life. I could not accept people could be bisexual, and I was not aware of the other sexualities as pan-sexuality,asexuality,flux etc.
To me it was clear that they are only two ways of being attract by people, homosexuality and heterosexuality.To me even bisexuality was something that can't be possible,these people are searching for themselves and they'll choose later. Yeah it's very restrictive.When we are uneducated, we always based ourselves on prejudices, clichés.
People are undereducated and you are among the bag of people who decided to follow the Bible, the Quran, the Torah ,Philosophic books and everything that brainwashed people more than they taught something . "Experiences are not written anywhere, you live it to understand it. Only speak to what Life teaches you " The world is not so much limited and thankfully I got the chance someday to learn.To go beyond.First to understand a sims 3 strange relationship I had in my game . One of my townie was in love with a woman , with man no matter the sexual preference. I said : She is crazy what she is doing ? She loves everybody no matter if the person is gay, straight,hetero, homo. I was afraid and I really thought she had a trouble. I decided to read on Internet to see if it is possible and I learnt about pan sexuality, asexuality and many more. I don't read very closely and I was lost, so I abandoned thinking it was bullshit. I just pretend she could be pan-sexual without any convictions after reading a bit.
Until the day I decided to understand what's wrong with me. Why I never had any interest of the men I am so much obsessed, with who I felt nothing for. I am torn inside of me between the sexuality and repulsion. I even don't know what does it mean to be in love with somebody truly. I just want to be with somebody I am enough friendly and I enough know with and it's far enough for me. Here I summarise to do short. I never found out this boy for now. I am also repulsed to every kind tries and pick ups they make me furious and totally cold.
I realise I am not the only one who are like me, we are numerous, more and less similar stories. I opened my mind about the other sexualities as well, if I am different they are also different healthy and straight in their boots, they are not suffer from any mental illnesses . Asexuality is 1% of the world population.It means millions of people around the world. Life is not black and white , among asexuality people, there are different sub-group with the same main root.

Don't use the name of the Christ for trying to discredit millions of people. If being ace is not your life, don't preach for us . Thanks

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 1:36 AM
Happy Asexual Awareness Week, everyone! With that in mind, I thought it apropos to bump this thread.

I thought I might talk about the female sim in my avatar, since she's asexual. Her name is Alexis, and she's actually the sim version of a character that I created when I was pretty young. I made a lot of terrible characters back in the day, but she wasn't all that bad. So, when Dragon Age: Inquisition came out, I decided to do something with her by making her (modified to fit the DA universe, of course) my Inquisitor. I'm pretty fond of her now, so it only followed that I would make a sim version. Or, rather, multiple sim versions. I also have a TS2 version, though my sim-making skills leave something to be desired and the dress (or, rather, the recolor I made for a dress) is intentionally terrible.

She's the asexual (but not aromantic) sim I mentioned in my first post. She likes being in romantic relationships and gets (lots of) crushes on people, but never feels sexual attraction towards them. Whether she would call herself asexual depends on the setting, though. The two main settings I've had her in have been ones without much if any asexual awareness, so she's never heard the term before in those. If she were in a position where she knew what asexuality was, and that it's a perfectly valid orientation, she would identify as asexual.

In-game, I've just set her attraction to men and women to negative numbers, even though ironically she is (romantically) attracted to both. I justify it story-wise by thinking she's not interested in romance at the moment because of her situation. She's not sure she wants to stay in town, and figuring out what's going on with her roommate is more of a priority.

The guy in the background of my avatar is her roommate. It's mostly a joke. I was watching a show, and on it was a character who seemed like he could have been the male version of Alexis. So, I had them be roommates in one of my towns, getting away from their neglectful fathers and having a chance to make a new life for themselves and hopefully have better lives. Will they actually become more independent, or go back to London and return to business as usual? That would be telling, I suppose.
Page 2 of 2