Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 8:59 AM
Default Questions about removing InTeen
I've been having way too many problems with InTeen and I'm going to yank it. Before I do, though, I have a few questions:

1. I know I should terminate any teen/young adult pregnancies. Is there anything else I should do?
2. I know InTeen has a custom memory for having a miscarriage and at least one of my Sims has it. What should I do about that?
3. What alternatives are best supported?
4. Are there any hacks that provide for the independent teen stage?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 9:14 AM
I would think that there are instructions for removal in the documentation, which is pretty thorough. I would guess that you can remove the miscarriage memories with SimPE. You might want to do it before you remove the mod.

As for alternatives, it depends on what features you want to preserve. If you just want teen woohoo without pregnancy, ACR will enable that. If you want teen pregnancy but nothing else, there are other mods that'll do just that. If you want YA pregnancy and the extended playing options that Inteen adds to Uni (like the ability to have families on campus), there is no other mod that I know of that has that. The latter is the most important part of the mod to me, which is pretty much why I have it. (I can take or leave teen pregnancy, frankly.)

Independent teenhood can be set with other modded objects, although I don't know how exactly the stage works when you set it that way. I haven't needed to know since I won't get rid of Inteen. The Insimenator will do it, for instance. The Sim Blender might, too.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 9:21 AM
Yes, the readme mentions terminating the pregnancies - I hope I didn't forget any. As for 2 and 3, I found Chris Hatch's alt. pregnancy controllers (which I won't link as there's lots of nipples).

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 9:27 AM
As I understand it, those alt controllers work well to enable pregnancy for all ages (including elder which...I dunno...kinda squicks me; don't ask me why). Buuuuut it doesn't do all the Uni stuff that Inteen does. (I really like my YA multi-age families with adult spouses/partners living with their student counterparts. ) If you just want pregnant YAs it'll do, though. In fact, you CAN get YAs pregnant with just something like Sim Blender's "Have baby with..." function or even just with the Tombstone of L&D. (I think that's the thing you can use to manually impregnate Sims, anyway; it's been so long.) The problem arises when you move off campus and the kids get stuck. You can get around that with teleporters and such, but it's still more of a pain in the butt than I like. I'mma stick with Inteen. Took me a while to get it all happy with all my other mods, but now I have no problems. But yeah, it all depends on what's important to you.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 9:33 AM
Actually, I did remember something I had to do - check for any InTeen-compatible mods and replace them if necessary. Didn't have any, fortunately.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 11:01 AM
Don't remove the memory if one of your sims has it. I think that Chris Hatch's mod uses the same memory IIRC.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 11:56 AM
Yes, it has the same memory.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 9:19 PM
Okay, more questions here.

I'd decided to replace everything with Chris Hatch's pregnancy controller, jenflower's Teen WooHoo (yes, I'm aware that ACR allows teen woohoo), and twojeffs' pregnancy for all genders hack. However, when checking for conflcts:

Quote:
*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Play In TEST
Group ID: 0x7F48AF7A
Instance ID: 0x00002005
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\z.Hacks\jenflower\WooHooTeens_6n_Apartment_Life.package
\downloads\z.Hacks\twojeffs\zTwojeffs_Preg For All Genders.package

Procedure Name: Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant?
Group ID: 0x7FD46CD0
Instance ID: 0x00000139

Procedure Name: Interaction - Push Play In TEST
Group ID: 0x7FE10572
Instance ID: 0x0000201B

twojeffs says that the hack works with Teen WooHoo, so should I worry about the conflicts?

Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 10:26 PM
I have had nothing but problems with "jenflower's Teen WooHoo" and have switch over to S2L Teen Woohoo mod hosted at the booty. http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...s2/sims2living/

Its the only one other than having all the stuff for Chris Hatch pregnancy mod that leaves teens as teens when pregnant.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 10:49 PM
What sort of problems, specifically? When searching MTS for info about it I've seen your posts about it before.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 11:51 PM
It was done way before the game was finish and the last few were done in haste and did not work very well.
I really don't remember what the problems were way back then for its been over 10 years ago that I tried it out.

I don't know if the problems were ever fixed and after finding the S2L one that keeps teen as teens sold me on it and I have never had any problems with it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 1:38 AM
I'll try Jenflower's mod for a while and if I run into any problems I'll try the S2L one.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 4:12 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 12th Oct 2016 at 4:33 AM.
@marka93 - you were right, I ran into a problem with Jenflower's mod (the Admire > Appreciate interaction was missing and would throw errors when non-controllable Sims tried to do it). I switched over to the S2L Teen WooHoo hack. Odd issue, though.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 7:44 AM
I just use Chris Hatch's one for teen woohoo.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 12:39 PM
All right, now I've got things sorted out. Here's some advice in case anyone else wants to remove InTeen:

1. Backup, backup, backup! And backup again.
2. Keep the Inteenimater_C.package if any Sims have the miscarriage memories. Alternately you can delete the memories (and gossip too) and use the Tattered Diary.
3. If you use the committed relationship, install Adults Go Steady.
4. If you want teens to keep their loves when moving to college, install Age Transition - Teens Keep Loves.
5. Check for any specifically InTeen-compatible hacks and replace them if required.