Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 10:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Fire ghost became starvation ghost
So, one of my sims died unfortunately in a college fire. I'd removed the sprinklers and forgot about a fire alarm. She was the only sim in her household, and I had Arek's "Select Your Cemetary" mod, so I moved it to a graveyard, then moved it back to my sim's house via placing the grave in her inventory. I then put the urn on a coffee table. I saw her ghost, but it was a starvation ghost, not a fire ghost. I'm really sorry for asking another question in help, but I was wondering what'd happened.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 3:49 AM
It's a common bug when you move graves to cemeteries.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 8:06 AM
Starvation or old age? A downside of moving graves through the nightlife move grave or the select your cemetery mod is that the cause of death is lost and it becomes an old age ghost. Moving the grave through a Sims' inventory keeps the death type (just be careful not to let the Sim die with the grave in their inventory.)
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 3:18 PM
Just change the death type back on the urn/tombstone's debug menu, that value is applied to the sim next time her ghost appears so it is permanent.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Just change the death type back on the urn/tombstone's debug menu, that value is applied to the sim next time her ghost appears so it is permanent.

Okay, thanks! I'll try this as soon as I can.