Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Imagine Wonderfully!
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 2:54 PM
Default What is your favorite thing to do with your sims
So, what do you like to do with your sims? I love to make them have lots of babies and read.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 3:05 PM
I must admit I am a sucker for starting families and having many babies *evil laugh*. I have been playing the Sims for a reasonable amount of time now, and the whole 'finding a mate, settling down, starting a family' thing has never gotten even remotely boring for me! I don't need much story. Only babies.
I love gardening. So many of my sims garden, and I am also starting to really enjoy fishing. And I find having my sim clean their house very soothing. I love going through their house and clicking on all the dirty things and watching them complete their queue!! All the mundane activities sims need do are really why I love the game so much.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 3:17 PM
I love making my Sims have babies and seeing how the genetics play out. Having my Sims enjoy their hobbies is also quite fun and relaxing for me. I love making them happy even while i'm throwing challenges at them and wrenches in their plans sometimes, I tend to like to make them overcome things and be happy anyway. They don't need "perfect" lives to be happy, and what makes one Sim happy may differ from another.

But babies...so many babies :lovestruc

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#4 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
So, what do you like to do with your sims?

Causing drama.
But usually one of them start it automatically without me 'helping them out'.
In this hood Fayport Albin Sawicki is well on his way.
Link Ninja
#5 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 3:24 PM
Make sims have get-togethers. I guess the babies thing is my favorite but get-togethers: parties, family reunions, and just having a sim friend or relative come over and hang out all day is my favorite thing to do. I rarely have sims that stay alone all day.

In the early ears I played I realized how woefully isolated my family sims were. They would move out and lose all their relationship points with their siblings over time or stop talking to a majority of their friends, so get-togethers renew points and even start points with others since they intermingle.

Some examples:
-Take an extended family group to the state park and grill out and swim
-Have all the children and grandchildren over for Grandma's Birthday
-Wedding Bash!
-Friends go out for some drinks or bowling downtown
-Someone invites their sibling and sibling's family over for dinner

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 3:27 PM
I like drama so I make their lives as hellish as possible in relation to each other.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#7 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 3:29 PM
About get-togethers. In my former hood I had several families and I usually did a family day at some custom made activity lot where they would go on sim-sunday.
When my real life kids were still kids and not the young adults they are now I did the same thing.
We went out every sunday to have some sort of family activity gathering.
In my new hood I only have one family yet, but this 'idea' will be implemented again.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 3:53 PM
There are lots of things I like to do with my Sims, but, if I'm honest, then what I really enjoy doing most is teenage romance, both straight and gay. They say all the world loves a young lover, and I certainly do. Maybe then it's no surprise that I play Veronaville, since the tale of Romeo and Juliet must be one of the most famous stories of young love ever told. Only in my game, I'm sure Romeo and Juliette will have a "happy end"!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 3:55 PM
I like to try a bit of everything. And use the SimBlender to turn everyone on a community lot naked so all the Sims start screaming at each other.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
They say all the world loves a young lover, and I certainly do.

That's 'all the world loves a lover'. No young in there. Don't leave your adults and elders loveless. XD
Scholar
#11 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 4:05 PM
Pretty much anything but family drama seems to be my favorite. I love to mess up families and have multiple children with different parents. I can make small 'hoods like Strangetown and Pleasantview related to each other VERY quickly. I can click one Sim in the genetic tree and make my way around to almost every single other Sim I have in the town. I agree with wickedjr89 on the babies thing. I love seeing the genetics play out

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#12 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 4:27 PM
Drama, children (illegitimate, secret children?), romance sims, romance sims having children, romance sims causing drama with children, polyamourous relationships, someone getting salty because the romance sim in the poly relationship has more lovers that the others didn't know about--
I just really like Romance sims starting drama.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 4:58 PM
I love getting their lives all tangled up together so that what happens in one house has repercussions throughout the rotation.

All my life I have wanted to write a book which was a bird's eye view of a community - small town, apartment building, school, whatever. Each household would get its story, but each story would be illuminated by all the others so that by the end of the book the reader understood the community right down to its toes, the texture of its daily life and how the secrets and drama intersected and how all the unintended consequences arose.

This sort of work is deeply unfashionable in the YA market right now and I always came a cropper on the issue of satisfying myself and the demands of the market. You can sell it to the adult market (Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe is a book of this sort) but the market insists on a tight focus in works for young people. And I can't pitch a complicated work worth a damn. But this is exactly what Sims 2 is set up to do! So it actually gives me a creative satisfaction I can't get from my professional life even in a good year.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#14 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Simonut : 7th Oct 2016 at 8:23 PM.
I just love Killing the Sims LMAO NOT just joking. I love my "romance Sims" he or she is good at upsetting the whole neighborhood, I like to have lots of drama and shake up those very conservative households.
Also don't get fool by the "knowledge Sims" they have their share of causing problem they are not that virtuous, books are not all they are interest in.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 9:33 PM
Starting families. I love young newly weds, and babies, and toddlers. I know I complain a lot about unwanted triplets and quads... but god I love them! I have to add some drama to that though, or context at least! I easily get bored of families when I'm just making them have child after child. Some unwanted pregnancies, accidental multiples, teen pregnancies, surrogacy etc all make it a little more interesting.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#16 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 10:36 PM
in past times playing, the main thing I did with sims was play "match maker" with them. I have similar plans for this time playing; though some of the planned couples are different.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:00 PM
I adore everything to do with babies, toddlers, and children. Maybe because I want a child so badly in real life.
But my absolute favorite thing is getting a couple generations in with a 'hood and starting to have cousins and in laws and just...extended families. I love the relationships between cousins, especially young cousins. I've got a Family Day coming up in Agnar Sound that I'm quite looking forward to, as Finnian (child) is going to meet his cousin Harrison (baby) for the first time. I only wish toddlers could visit houses so Finnian's brother Gabriel could meet him as well! And oh, how I wish children could hold babies, even if they'd have to be sitting down to do so. Oh, how I wish sims could sit with the baby in general.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:13 PM
I love having babies/toddlers and opening shops.

For those that love the baby/toddler stage, take a look at why I love toddlers thread in my siggy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:13 PM
Take pictures, and play with babies. Often a combo of the two.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:27 PM
I like to make ridiculously small lots and watch sims try to route around each other. Narrow corridor smustle jams are a particular favourite of mine!

Also, flamingo kicking amuses me somehow. This sim spent several hours at it!

Aspiration failure is always fun, though I'm getting too soft and have had a distinct lack of it lately.

I think I have a really juvenile sense of humour, because anything involving green stink is totally hilarious. I remember my daughter (then aged 9) watching me play Sim Sample (zero neatness) whilst he trashed a house and omitted to bathe. She commented, 'You are so immature' and it was then that I realised I had won at parenting.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 8:31 AM
I like to make them have little money. Idk why, I just like playing families with little funds and have them work (without any careers) to get cash.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 8:40 AM
Parties, outings and lots of socializing - with knowledge sims.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 10:17 AM
Just playing my Pleasantview rotation is all I want to do. I love playing my 'perfect' family which has a mother/father/daughter/son and a family dog, but I also love playing a single mom living with her elderly dad in a house filled with pets. I'm way too excited for all of my sims living their lives and growing up. Fulfilling their wants is what I like to do most.
Inventor
#24 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Also don't get fool by the "knowledge Sims" they have their share of causing problem they are not that virtuous, books are not all they are interest in.

I totally agree because of one of my sims Albin Sawicki. As a knowledge sim he practised romance and has had romantical interactions with four of the five dorm girls. I felt he earned his secondary romance fair and square. (Since his behaviour already told me he must have been a closeted romance sim. It was time to come out of that closet then.)
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 2:54 PM
Playing them in my neighborhood rotation with random events, which sometimes can make their lives very good or very miserable. I like surprises in my gameplay.
Page 1 of 2