Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 11:19 PM Last edited by MMJJSense : 16th Oct 2016 at 11:54 PM.
Default My neighborhood screen is bug and game setting always revert.
It is fixed but I still don't know why. it randomly happened then fixed itself.

and the setting in the picture is always reverted to default after close and exit the game.

EDIT : What I mean by being bug is it being normal when zoom in and glitch when zoom out. but for in game it's not bug?

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 11:35 PM
I'm not entirely sure what your problem is since I don't know what 'randomly happens' but check that you are the admin on your computer and also check if your computer is up to the settings you are putting it on. Looking at that picture your graphics look blurry which may indicate your computer isn't up to those high settings.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 11:48 PM
You only need delete the sims 2 folder not the EA Games folder. Also before doing that make a backup. I think it's a computer hardware issue myself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 11:56 PM
I'm quite sure that my laptop can handle this. Because I can play Sims 3 with all EP and Stuff pack with no ploblem?(with mastercontroller of course) and sims 4 and other games (Mortal kombat) too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 12:18 AM
Do you have both a chip and a graphics card? Sometimes with new cards sims 2 will use the chip because it doesn't always recognize newer cards being an old game.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 1:18 AM
Quote:
setting in the picture is always reverted to default after close and exit the game.

Your My Doc folder is set to read only and this will happen like that. You need to set My Doc folder for Sims 2 to both read and write to have your settings stay for your game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Your My Doc folder is set to read only and this will happen like that. You need to set My Doc folder for Sims 2 to both read and write to have your settings stay for your game.

Yes! thank you so much. i didn't thought of that before.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you have both a chip and a graphics card? Sometimes with new cards sims 2 will use the chip because it doesn't always recognize newer cards being an old game.

How do I know? How to check it?
I have NVidia GTX 950is that a graphics card?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
It could be the skyline I notice it is not default and the skyline is connected to the all the neighborhood views. deleting the custom skyline file or files may fix this issue if it used to work fine before

Okay, I'll try. but it happened when I turn shadow to high. and when I turn the shadow to normal It still glitched. then I load the house and exit to neighborhood it fixed it self.