Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:18 PM
Default Texture Problems
Hello ,

I'm submitting this post because I am having some problems with the texture for a clothing item that I edited. As you can see the texture is horribly distorted in CAS. It looks just fine while I'm working on it in TSR Workshop and doesn't show any of the problems that are quite evident in the screenshots. At first I thought it was a specular problem and I went in and adjusted the bright level on my texture but when I tried again I got the same results.

Some may notice that they can see a "ghost" of the original texture on the shirt, I've seen it too. I'm pretty sure that I need to replace a missed clothing specular and the diffuse map to solve this issue but I know this can't be what is causing the distortion and this is why I'm posting to request help.

The clothing item I edited is a custom content (and mesh) creation called Jersey Lips found here: http://www.all-about-style.com/Sims3adult_macatop2.html

The only thing that I have done with this creation was change the texture. I have not modified the mesh in any way. I don't understand what happened with this one since I've edited other creations and have not met with any problems.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. :D
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:37 PM
Its the normalmap causing the problems.
Go to the meshtab and under materials you find the normalmap.
Either update it with a custom one or load/link a blanc one to it.

The make empty function also can give problems, i wouldn't use it.

Copy and past this line then click find, it will give you a blanc normalmap.
key:00B2D882:00000000:972952e0d3631f66

Edit,
Keep in mind you must do this for all lods, otherwise the problem stays...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 11:54 PM Last edited by terriecason : 12th Jun 2011 at 2:50 AM.
Thanks Bloom I'll give it a shot and report back.

Update: Thanks a huge bunch, Bloom. It worked!