Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Romantic Reputation Recombobulator - V2.1.1 (updated 3 March 13)

by severedsolo Posted 18th Jun 2011 at 3:48 PM - Updated 10th Mar 2013 at 5:38 PM by severedsolo : Version 2.1 released

148 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 4:35 PM
Thank you so much for this!!! I was wondering what the heck that whole "cheating" thing was about. My legacy kid didn't cheat on his girlfriend, who he started dating after prom, but everyone in the family (including her) accused him of it. Whenever they were together, the family would get that annoying "Witnessed Betrayal" debuff, even though he was no longer friends with the girl he went to prom with. I thought that was the most annoying thing.
I'm so glad you came up with this! Good work, and thank you again!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 4:45 PM
I haven't noticed it yet ...maybe that's because my sims haven't aged to teen yet
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 4:48 PM
I had exactly the same situation last night. My Sim went to Prom alone, danced with a girl, she became a romantic interest. She was only 1 day away from aging up, so I never pursued it, but because she didn't pair up with anyone else, they were still romantic interests.

My Sim goes round his girlfriends house to propose, she storms in, accuses him of cheating, and it tanks the relationship.

a) -90 is way too high anyway
b) They danced once? seriously that's cheating?

Hence why I made this mod

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:05 PM
Thanks! This mod came out just in time for me since my sims kids have just aged to teen and I was worried how the romantic rep system might destroy their poor social lives straight from the beginning...
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:09 PM
Thanks so much severed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 7:18 PM
Oh, no, no, no. They aren't even *dating* and it's considered cheating. A "romantic interest" does not a relationship make. EA has *never* gotten the nuances of romantic involvement right. Why even have a "go steady" option if every romantic interest is treated like an actual exclusive relationship? And apparently, they don't know the difference between romantic and sexual. i.e., Romance Sims wanting to do everyone in town. Then again, there's a lot of traits that aren't accurately named according to the description either.

Anyway, thanks for this. I'll be grabbing it, too. I don't mind the rep, I mind the cheating accusations that don't actually apply.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 7:28 PM
Quote:
Oh, no, no, no. They aren't even *dating* and it's considered cheating. A "romantic interest" does not a relationship make. EA has *never* gotten the nuances of romantic involvement right. Why even have a "go steady" option if every romantic interest is treated like an actual exclusive relationship? And apparently, they don't know the difference between romantic and sexual. i.e., Romance Sims wanting to do everyone in town. Then again, there's a lot of traits that aren't accurately named according to the description either.

Well actually the problem is easily solved. If you are a Romantic Interest with a Non-Active and they get a relationship, then the RI status reverts to friendship. Unfortunately they don't apply the same logic to Active Sims. Two or more Romantic Interests on the go, I can see that one, but once you go steady with someone then the RI should revert back to friendship. It's not difficult....

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 7:30 PM
That doesn't happen with mine, though. My inactive sims go steady, get married and all that and *still* retain their former romantic interests and still have the confess to cheating option. And I'm pretty sure it's the same with my active when involved with an inactive. Here's the other thing, too. A romantic interest shouldn't be considered cheating unless actual cheating has happened *since* said sim become "exclusively involved". Having a romantic interest isn't the same as being romantically involved. But that's me being anal. However, one of my sims had the want to fall in love with another sim and as soon as the "romantic interest" heart showed up on their relationship panel, that want was marked as being satisfied. So.. basically, I guess the game is saying that heart means the sim is in love now? I don't even know.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 7:37 PM
i don't have Gens, but the whole system was a little borked from the beginning. It was probably too much to figure that things would be somewhat straightforward from the get-go. Good Mod, i'll pass it along to friends currently cursing their games ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 7:40 PM
All those things are little annoyances I can mostly live with. What's really getting to me though is that my sims can't scope rooms anymore and find someone they're attracted to. In my game, so far, it seems like they don't actually find other sims attractive until after the romance has started. I've had a couple that showed some romantic compatibility but I think that was a result of having compatible signs. Then again, I could just be doing it wrong.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 7:43 PM
Double-you tee eff, EA. Seriously. A sim can only cheat on a girlfriend or boyfriend (which have different icons in the relationship panel). Ever heard of people dating? Y'know, back in the good old days when you could date more than one person and "going steady" wasn't the default? Sigh. Kids these days.

Thanks, man, this is a useful mod.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 7:43 PM
@leslie

I agree with you completely. Hmm, I guess the Romantic Interest cancellation must be a feature of Nraas Story Progression.

I completely agree about the whole Romantic Interest vs Exclusivity thing. What I meant is that if your Sim isn't exclusive, and you have 2 or more Romantic Interests on the go, then yes, I could see the cheating thing then. That happens in real life too, people who aren't necessarily exclusive, or even in any kind of serious relationship with each other can still get funny about said person seeing someone else/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 11:31 PM
True, but it doesn't usually give anyone a cheater rep. I think it would've been helpful if they could have made it so the rest of the free world didn't automagically psychically know what non-celebrity sims were doing the *second* it happened. You know, they actually have to hear it from one of them first and *then* it spreads through the grapevine. I have NRAAS installed, actually and I still have the issue with the RI. Maybe I need to go through my settings again.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:39 AM
So... needed. The EA version is indeed borked. Thank you for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:55 AM
This is kind of long story but totally relevant, so bear with me. One of my sims lost his wife the other night to "suspicious circumstances." Really, I just wanted rid of her. She was producing unfortunate looking kids. So, I moved a prettier sim in for him to marry and have kids with. They had one son who is totally adorable. I was getting ready to have mom and dad chat a bit, when I noticed the "confess to cheating" option. I was curious, because I didn't remember him cheating. His wife died and he moved on. How exactly is that cheating? So I clicked on it. After her "betrayed" moodlet ran out and I was raring and ready to go for them to have some more kids, she decided that she didn't want to fix their relationship and divorced him. WTF, EA? Really? You are ruining my game. I'm scared about what's going to happen to his teen daughter when it's time for her to get hitched, since she's a total tramp. This really sucks, so I am excited to give this a try. I hope it fixes everything EA screwed up.

Thanks. =]
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 1:16 AM
Just a little tip. If you do get hit by the "betrayed" moodlet. Improve the relationship by 25 points (a quarter of one side of the bar) to stop the breakup.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 1:44 AM
You are my hero. Do I need to install a kill all and one of the other mods or will kill all do? You are awesome! Thanks Severedsolo!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 1:49 AM
Thanks for this. It made no sense that my Sim was accused of cheating when there was a quick kiss a week before the two even met. It would make sense if the other sim actually witnessed the cheating, or it's as broken as celebrities being accused of things they did in private with nobody watching.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:15 AM
Thank you so much!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
You are my hero. Do I need to install a kill all and one of the other mods or will kill all do? You are awesome! Thanks Severedsolo!

If your planning to kill all then only use KillAll. The different flavours will conflict, as they all edit the same resource. KillAll has it's own "anti-tank" tuning that doesn't reduce the relationship at all anyway. USE ONLY ONE!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:48 PM
V2 has been released. Hopefully it will actually fix the system, rather than merely treating the symptomns. Please give any feedback, both what works and what doesn't

Instructor
#23 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:45 PM
What does it mean with the romantic level 2?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:51 PM Last edited by severedsolo : 19th Jun 2011 at 11:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
What does it mean with the romantic level 2?

The game assigns the "visibility" of cheating on a level based system. Being observed cheating, inviting your "other Sim" to your house, visiting their house, or making and receiving phone calls from them accrue points. Once enough points have been accrued then the romance goes to "Level 2" which basically increases the chance of getting accused. Keep actively cheating and you get to level 3, which increases the chance again.

The problem is, having a romantic interest, even one which you have never pursued, or haven't pursued for a long time, is a Level 1 romance. By default, you could be accused of cheating at Level 1. What I have done (among other things), is disabled the chances of being accused at Level 1, and raised the threshold to reach Level 2.

The in game effect should be that you won't be accused unless you are actually actively cheating on your Sim's partner, rather than just having an old Romantic Interest that you forgot to ask to "Just be Friends"

I posted a more in depth analysis of how it works by default here: http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...85&postcount=70

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:59 PM
Great job! I really like V2, must have been a lot of work! Thank you so much!))
Page 1 of 6