Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Romantic Reputation Recombobulator - V2.1.1 (updated 3 March 13)

by severedsolo Posted 18th Jun 2011 at 3:48 PM - Updated 10th Mar 2013 at 5:38 PM by severedsolo : Version 2.1 released

148 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Test Subject
#101 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 9:30 AM
I have KillAll installed, patched to 1.29 with Generations (no Pets). My celebrity was accused of cheating for receiving a flirt in public. I didn't think anything of it, figuring that the KillAll would keep him from being divorced. Five days later his wife drives across town to break up with him. Perhaps I read the description wrong, but I thought the mod was supposed to squash that. Do I have the wrong flavor? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:27 AM
Hi, I'm just curious, since you've put a great deal of time into this. I'm sure you've come across a way to compleltely do away with the romantic reputation. Or at least your kill all mod, with absolutely no chance of the 'be accused of cheating' interaction. I've done some searching around the tunable xml files myself...but I cannot for the life of me seem to find a way to stop it completely.
Test Subject
#103 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 2:17 PM
My sim has 2 romantic interests and ever since he got his second one, the game listed him as naughty and that he's cheated twice. Does this mean it's not working properly?

Edit: Oh wait hold on do I have to put this mod into the overides folder and not the mods folder?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#104 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:13 PM
The dead spouse glitch has always bothered me as well. If the girl gets engaged and then her fiance is murdered by a gangster, she's accused of cheating if she does literally anything other than try to resurrect him. Her new boyfriend blows a gasket that his woman could have ever possibly considered another man.

Granted, I sometimes like to play my Sims a little conservative; so it's safe to say I don't have a whole lot of Casanovas or gay stalkers or cougars or what-not preying on my villages. Not my thing. Even so, I find the dead spouse thing to be downright excessive and silly. Especially when it's being pushed by the same EA that doesn't see fit to have parents throw a fit if they walk in on their children getting a little too intimate. Please, EA...if you're going to have the neighborhood acknowledge moral standards, at least try to be consistent about it.

With Twallan's mods installed, I've got teens having one night stands and the parents walk in and shrug the whole thing off. Yet...you have one lover and don't break up with them before they're killed by a meteor? And then dare try to move on? Vile scum!

EA never ceases to amaze me with how broken its games are.
Test Subject
#105 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 5:36 AM
Hi, I hope you will continue to update this for the latest patch! It stopped working for me - "special" romantic interactions such as "ask to go steady" "propose" "get married" disappeared entirely when this mod was in my packages folder (and reappeared after it was removed, so yeah it was due to this mod). Anyway, thanks a lot for this mod, has definitely improved my game a lot when it was working! (:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 9:31 PM
Hey This A awesome Mod But i Have A question, is the "killall" thing destroy reputations or what? Plz Respond
Test Subject
#107 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Edddy
My sim has 2 romantic interests and ever since he got his second one, the game listed him as naughty and that he's cheated twice. Does this mean it's not working properly?

Edit: Oh wait hold on do I have to put this mod into the overides folder and not the mods folder?
Yes U do Put Them into the .Package or .Overrides folders
Test Subject
#108 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 11:47 PM
Working with 1.33? I can't seem to get it to load with the other packages;
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 14th May 2012 at 9:50 AM
Can you please update it severdsolo? Pretty please?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 30th May 2012 at 1:51 AM
This looks awesome.. I created a young adult Sim a while ago and sent her off to find a mate so I could start a legacy. I choose George Dean (one of the pre-made Sims in Riverview) because he and my Sim had a lot of shared traits and got along really well. Their relationship was moving pretty fast and getting them to see each other as 'romantic interests' was easy but whenever I tried any of the romantic interactions again George would say my Sim was being weird or inappropriate. I gave up on the relationship because I wanted kids and time was running out. I choose another mate but as soon as she confessed her attraction, the 'confess to cheating' social showed up. WTH? She wasn't even speaking to George when she met her boyfriend.. And it's not like she could have ended the relationship first because there was no relationship!
This is just the base game.. I can't wait to install generations and create a bunch of 'naughty' teenagers -.- I'm sure this mod will make things a little easier
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 9:00 PM
allsome man! thanks and good job
Test Subject
#112 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 11:30 PM
I'm using the KillAll version and yet if I kiss my romantic interest in front of my other, I still get accused of cheating. The package is in the right place as I've installed other mods properly but this seems to be the only one that doesn't work. Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icedragon613
I'm using the KillAll version and yet if I kiss my romantic interest in front of my other, I still get accused of cheating. The package is in the right place as I've installed other mods properly but this seems to be the only one that doesn't work. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

As Servedsolo said in the overview this mod does not stop the sim from being accused of cheating, the KillAll version stops the relationship from being ruined. Even though you sim was accused, he should be able to still have a good relationship with the sim who accused him, instead of that sim hating him.

Try using the Above Reproach reward with this mod, that should get the results of your sim not being accused.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 9:56 PM
Does this work with 1.38 patch
Test Subject
#115 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 3:46 AM
I'm not sure this was exactly what I'm looking for. My sims still get bad reps from just having romantic interests. I wish there was a mod that stopped this. It's understandable if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend and get accused of cheating or get a bad rep for having a romantic interest but if you aren't seeing anyone exclusively then i dont think this should happen. but even though this wasnt exactly what i was looking for it helped some
Test Subject
#116 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 5:34 AM
Is this updated for 1.39?
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 7:27 PM
Does this mod work with patch 1.42? if it does not, Severedsolo, do you think you will continue to update this mod?

thanks
Test Subject
#118 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 3:08 PM
Finally, a way to make "No Jealousy" actually mean "No Jealousy." Not sure if it'll work with 1.42 but I'm going to try it out.
Inventor
#119 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 4:13 AM
If anyone cares to report the results of their tests with modern patches, let me know . I'd love to use this, but I'm pretty sure that after this much time it's broken. If I'm wrong, then hooray!

At some point I'll probably test it myself, but I am sloooow.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#120 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 9:04 AM
I'm sorry for abandoning this mod, but I have just updated to 1.50 - post seasons. Honestly you wouldn't have noticed a difference, as the only thing EA changed was that a love letter can increase the Romantic Rep as well, but it's now updated. Sorry again for the long wait!

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#121 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 3:11 PM
Yay! Recombobulator is updated!

HAPPY DANCE!
Test Subject
#122 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 10:14 PM
I was using the 2.1 KillAll version, and my playboy sim regularly got yelled at by his slavegirls, and if I didn't apologize fast enough, the relationship went back down to zero. None were girlfriends, fiances, or wives. Fortunately, it was just a loss of interest, none hated him or moved out, and while I got notices about bad reputations, moodlets for them did not appear. I used Woohooer to remove jealousy, since I don't have world adventures. I dropped the KillAll version in the packages folder.

I have fully updated base game, generations, ambitions, pets, but not seasons. Do I need the seasons edition? And why is the seasons edition only 1 file? Which level is that? If I ever use it, I kinda want to know. I have done research into modding xml packages, so I might just tweak it myself.
Test Subject
#123 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 3:10 PM
I've looked at the files, and I wonder if perhaps the KillAll is slightly bugged. The comments for the data entries say in several places to set a value that's positive, but they have been changed to zero. I wonder if the internal workings of the game don't like that, and it ignores this data and goes to the default. Plus, it appears the seasons editions has all the standard values, as in, has no changes. Was in intended for us to change them?

Doing so is not hard, you simply need s3pe, and probably notepad++ (free) and you can open the package, then use notepad++ to open the XML file and tweak it to your hearts content.

Regardless, I tried the killall package, and I don't have season (but all other recent updates), and I cheating sims were able to blatantly cheat in front of their partners with Woohooer's no jealousy function, but eventually the reputation caught up with them and caused a accusation. No negative moodlets (are there negative ones? my eternally faithful couples have good ones), no fights while actually flirting or other such behavior, just simply every now and then one walks up and throws a fit. Relationship goes to zero, love interest is lost, but after that I can simply get them back. Woohooer is not supposed to affect the reputation system.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 3rd May 2013 at 2:03 PM
Thank the whole of creation you made this. I had a sim that went on vacation and I made her have a torrid love affair with some dude and when she got back about 3 weeks after I made her start dating this guy and all of the sudden my sim was accused of cheating on him. THe only way I could have fixed it was if I paid for her to have another vacation just so she could go back and break-up with the dude and I thought that was completely idiotic.
Test Subject
#125 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 8:21 AM
I love this. Is there an update for vs. 1.55? Or is it good to go?
Page 5 of 6