Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 7:20 AM
Default Help with new paint mesh
I make a new mesh for painting in three parts, (a triptych)
first clone with s3oc, then use S3PE for changes, the package is installed in the game but the painting has no image
The images show the DDS file I use, and the paintings in the game.
anyone can help me with this? I will be grateful
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 12:16 PM
Did you use a tutorial to make this? If so, which one was it...you're the second person now to post about getting a brown painting image in the game so I'm curious about why people are ending up getting this specific problem.

When you have your object in MS apply the texture image to it...the one with the painting images. Does the object take on the painting images where it should be taking them on or do the three paintings look brown in MS also?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 2:34 PM
I get that same thing when I try to change the default texture of an object, and all I'm left with is the color values in the OBJD. My first thought would be the Instance number of the dds is incorrect and the game is left with the color values to apply to the object and not the image.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 4:44 PM
Use a tutorial of a Spanish website.
I've done other meshes and have not had any problems with them, I can change the images perfectly.
In MilkShape material use by default, even not use it well, I'm learning
I can not find an answer the problem, clone and respect the cloned object files, just change the mesh, the image and name.
try it with TSR Workshop, is the same problem.
you think the problem is something wrong in MilkShape?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#5 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 5:23 PM
It might be the object you are cloning has an issue. If you clone the painting and make no changes, does it show in game properly? I am wondering if the cloner is not functioning correctly on this object.

You could also try cloning in S3OC and untick the renumber part. Clone it and change your dds image. Then open in S3OC again to fix the object, making sure to tick the renumber box.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 6:29 PM
I'll try and see if I finally look good
After I tell you what happened.
Thanks
Alchemist
#7 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 12:16 AM
If you clone it and put it in the game as-is with no changes and it still comes out brown could you also post whether you have WA installed?

If there's something wrong with the Tryptich clone itself it's got to be a WA-related issue I would think...I made a painting based on that clone several days ago with no problems whatsoever but I don't have WA installed on the computer I use for meshing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 5:17 PM
First is WA?
Apparently the problem is given s3oc. workshop does not give this problem.
What about s3oc? before no problems. How can I fix?
Sorry my bad English, I use a translator.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#9 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 6:15 PM
Your English is fine, Pilar. I've understood the important parts, and I hope I am typing well enough for the translator to work properly.

WA is World Adventures EP. I think the most stable version of S3OC is the December 13 one. The newer one from January was causing some issues with meshes being invisible. Check which version you are using, and if it is not the December 13 one then try that version.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=362413
Alchemist
#10 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 9:56 PM
I don't think the problem is the cloner...I've cloned this painting from the base game and had no problems with it.

I just cloned it again from my World Adventures game and again there was no problem....although it wouldn't show up in my base game it looked just fine in my World Adventures game.

Pilar, would you consider posting your painting package so someone can look at it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:06 AM
the version I have is s3oc_0911-25-1728 I remember when the download. I think it was in December.
I have WA.
Orangemittens, I can upload the package for anyone to see what the problem. later when at home I go up the package.
Thanks
Alchemist
#12 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:13 AM
... .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:41 AM
here is the package of painting, to see if someone finds the bug.
Thanks for your help and patience.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Triptico pilar39mx.rar (256.6 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#14 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 11:18 AM Last edited by orangemittens : 16th Jan 2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: 1. add another picture 2. clarify clone
Your painting appears to be missing the Specular IMG. Try making it again without deleting that line in s3pe.

Below is a picture of S3PE with my World Adventures clone of the Tryptich painting showing the IMG's it has and your clone of the Tryptich painting showing the IMG's it has.

The red arrow is pointing to the IMG mine has that yours doesn't. This is the Specular IMG.

I remade your painting on a new clone. Here it is in World Adventures where it shows up just fine:

When you made this object why did you remove the Specular dds from the package?

eta: The clone I used was cloned from my World Adventures game. I've made my own paintings based on the same painting cloned from the base game and they've been fine also.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 1:20 AM
I do not understand because it is not the dds. I just changed names, image and file lod.
I see your to do well. I think the problem is on my s3oc.puede be something not right with the program. I better reinstall.
Thanks for your help.
Now I have another question in three parts poque out the same image, take three different pictures?
Kisses for you really big.
Alchemist
#16 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 1:46 AM
So you did not plan on taking out the Specular IMG? Somehow that line was removed and it's unclear where the problem occurred.

Could you clone the object again and open it in s3pe? How many IMG lines are there? Are there 2 or 4? There should be 4 but if there are only 2 the problem is with the cloner or some setting for it.

Please tell me if I am not understanding your next question correctly. But it seems like you're asking why the same image is showing on all 3 panels of your painting.

If this is your question I can help you fix that but I don't want to present a long answer to you if this is not the question.

If that is not the question would you mind rephrasing the question you want to ask?

And don't worry about your English please. Even people who speak the same language have to work to understand one another

Hugs back to you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 3:51 AM
Do not remove the image.
"you're asking why the same image is showing on all 3 panels of your painting" Yes, so try to ask.
Reinstall S3OC and s3pe. clone again and I get four files of the image.
replacing the lod, and the image, and he reappears in brown paint, no image.
Perhaps this bad S3OC configured. before use many paintings and clone my meshes and there was no problem.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#18 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 5:50 AM
Pilar I understand your frustration.

Could you post the new package that has the 4 IMG files and your new painting IMG so I can see it?

I will work on preparing something to explain how to get your three different painting images on the three panels. I think we will need pictures to communicate in the most effective way.

We can get this to work.
Alchemist
#19 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 5:14 PM
Sorry for the double post. Pilar, the Tryptich painting has three different panels and each of those panels is mapped over a different part of the IMG dds. I've numbered and labeled the dds so that you can see what I mean:

Each of the numbers is on top of one of the painting panels. This shows where each panel is mapped to. The arrow is pointing to the part of the map that corresponds with the sides of the panels. There is a black area on the IMG which is invisible when applied to the painting panels in the game.

Your panels are all mapped to the entire map rather than being placed on different parts of it. This is why they all look the same in the game.

What you need to do is remake the painting and have each of the panels mapped onto a different part of the map.

I don't know how much you know about mapping so before making some lengthy thing telling you something you already know I'm just posting this for now.

If there is anything unclear about this explanation post again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 4:19 PM
Orangemittens, I want to thank you for your help, but I could not do it.
For more than burn my brain. I think it's best to forget about the triptych.
then perhaps to try again, now I could not put image.
It frustrates me and I feel really angry.
thousand kisses for you really big
Alchemist
#21 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 12:45 AM
You are very welcome Pilar and I completely understand that you don't want to work on this painting project any more right now.

If you decide later that you want to try again I think I can help you with it.

If mapping the object is the problem you are having with your painting I wrote a basic tutorial to help people get started with that. This is how I do my mapping.

http://jaue.com/om/OM_TextureMappingwithMilkshape.rar

Maybe that will help in the future.

Hugs to you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 3:44 AM
I really appreciate your help. what happens is that by now no longer give my head for more, it has turned into smoke jajajaja. il try it again later.
My motto is: I do not win this thing jajaja.
Thanks for the tutorial, I will study and hope to achieve what I want.
Hugs and kisses for you.