Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#301 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 9:22 PM
After all the stress Bubblegum has been causing me, I decided to take a break from the Doll House (It's not cancelled, don't worry). Instead I'm doing a mini-challenge where 4 teams of 2 Sims each are living in their own individual homes & competing against each other to win upgrades to their house (better beds, better fridges & stoves, etc.), but every Wednesday, there's a Simmunity challenge (aren't I clever?) where the losers are sent to live in a dingy, horrible basement with only the bare essentials, after which one of them will be eliminated by the other contestants.

The current basement residents/losers is the red team, made up of Ling Ling and a vampire. Here's how the basement looks:

It's so full of trash because the vampire eats nonstop for some reason, and they can't trow away the trash, making them even angrier. It's a very horrible room.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#302 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 9:54 PM
Default Evan's Sim BB (First eviction)
Day 6 saw two toilets breaking and a shower also breaking. Kesha and Juan, the two nominees, reflected in the 'Room of Hope', where they pleaded to the Big Brother gods to save them.

EVICTION DAY (DAY 7): Everyone wakes up eager to shower and go to the loo, so I let the caged housemates out on their toilet break. 6pm, the housemates get gathered on the sofas. The host from outside announces that SimNation had casted 41% of their vote to save Juan, ultimately meaning that Kesha was the first sim to be evicted from the house. The housemates gathered around the red carpet leading to the front door as Kesha left the house. One down, fifteen to go...

Here is a picture of Kesha as she left the house...

(left to right) Shaniqua, Liam, Mary and Abby

Amber-May, Bobby, Aaron and Sonya

Courtney, Marcus, Brittany and Seraph

And finally Juan, Macan and Tom
Test Subject
#303 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 3:18 PM
Default Sims BB Update
UPDATE: I held the first proper reward/punishment challenge, it was a last man standing swimming contest, but right as the final three came up (Bobby, Macan and Liam), The game zoomed in and told everyone to mourn at Bobby and Macan (obvs meaning they were drowning) so I quit the game without saving. I know your just supposed to let them die, but my game is meant to be realistic, so no deaths. For all I know, Tom and Sonya quit first, so they got caged. If I remember correctly Shaniqua, Juan, Courtney, Brittany, Mary and Marcus got the dorm beds while Aaron, Amber-May, Abby and Seraph got the luxury beds.

I'm thinking of leaving those sims to where they are, and redoing the challenge for the Final 3. The plan for them was that the third place sim would get the last spot in the luxury bedroom and the two winners get the reward bedroom.

The House
Field Researcher
#304 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 7:55 PM
^That is one of the nicest Big Brother houses I have ever seen. Possibly even better than the real ones. Keep up the good work! Really enjoying your series so far.
Test Subject
#305 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
^That is one of the nicest Big Brother houses I have ever seen. Possibly even better than the real ones. Keep up the good work! Really enjoying your series so far.

Thank you so much! Glad to know you are enjoying it. The first full story will be up on Saturday with the R/P challenge and the nominations!
Field Researcher
#306 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 8:05 AM
I don't know if posting other people's Youtube series is allowed, but Youtuber Kpopp has an excellent "Hunger Games" series, which is essentially the Big Brother challenge with death challenges and rewards & punishments voted on by the viewers. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...p3aE2rFwV39usa_
Test Subject
#307 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:16 PM Last edited by EvanBlogsTheSims : 16th Aug 2013 at 7:43 PM.
Sims Big Brother 1 - Reward Time! (Episode 1)

Field Researcher
#308 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:14 AM

I'M BACK, BABY!

So yeah, here's the story. It was about June when I stopped playing. Bubblegum's constant breakdowns were aggrivating me, and then the Steam Summer Sale left me with many new games to play, many of which I still haven't played. So I started playing those, went to England for 3 weeks, and forgot completely about The Sims and "The Doll House".

Then, today I started looking through some of the old chapters, and I realized how much you guys love this, and how much work I put into this, work that I don't want to go to waste. So I decided to revive the show! It'll be a while before the next chapter is up, due to school and glitches and other stuff, but it will be up. I promise.

tl;dr:I'm now actively working on Season 2 of the Doll House. See everyone soon!
Field Researcher
#309 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 7:04 AM Last edited by gizmoman49 : 29th Dec 2013 at 10:38 PM.
Season 2, Episode 2: Buggy Places, Tight Spaces, and Weird Faces

Edit: What the heck, Photobucket?! Why are all my photos compressed? Sorry about this, guys. And so the buginess continues...
Edit 2: Alright, I got all the images back to proper size. And so the next trial in the test of Season 2 is complete...
Test Subject
#310 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 3:30 PM
Week 2: Not a single one of them want to use the running machines xD gaahh
Test Subject
#311 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 2:23 AM
Alright, so I decided to try this, since I've gotten bored with just playing. I completely randomized everyone, except for my first girl, who actually won the first challenge. We are at the start of week two.

Here is the "home":

I've made a minor addition to the challenge, where the loser of the week ends up in a special room. If they die, they die. I'm evil like that. If they lose, they can participate in the next week's challenge. Also, the winner gets immunity the following week of their winnings. I'm using this to knock everyone out of the house until there is a winner. The points will come into play if there is ever a tie.
I only did this cuz I felt the loser needed to be punished, and that elimination was needed. I thought it would be fun!
Here's the room, with the current loser:

Oh yea, and this is the mean-spirited asshole that I realllllly want to die:

I hate Vance so bad. He has all relationships in the red and is so rude to everyone!
Test Subject
#312 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 8:03 PM Last edited by EchoDreadhowl : 27th Dec 2013 at 4:18 AM.
Started this challenge last night, slightly modified! though still working on the setup. http://belissimosims.blogspot.com/s...ect%20strangers

[ETA] Week 1 Day 1 finished. Maybe I should have stuck with 8, LOL, as following 12 is hard work!

belissimo simsxistence: blogger | tumblr
if you read the blog and like it, I hope you'll let me know
Test Subject
#313 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 7:53 PM
For those who are doing this challenge, do you find that the sims just stand around and do nothing pretty much the majority of the day? Right now they're in get to know each other week.

I inserted a mini-challenge setting three of them (teleported them) onto an inaccessible part of the roof where I placed exercise equipment, a mini fridge, and a stool. Left them there for over 24 hours and they didn't even touch the equipment. They ate a couple of times, flirted a few times, used Plumbbook, and peed themselves. Each were given a level 1 of athleticism to begin with, so you'd think that would be enough to interest them in a hop on the treadmill since there wasn't anything else up there to distract them.

Any other game, if I leave my sims to their own devices they usually do things that I don't want them to, but in this game, they have full control and they want to do nothing! Makes me want to flick them in the head, but I don't want to smudge my screen.

belissimo simsxistence: blogger | tumblr
if you read the blog and like it, I hope you'll let me know
Field Researcher
#314 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 10:16 PM
^Athletic week is usually the hardest week in the house as far as Sims actually participating goes. I find that unless the Sim in question is athletic, they won't autonomously use the machines. A solution is to give them a pool. Since they all have 1 point of athleticism, they will gain athletic skill from the pool, and they will use that autonomously, since it is technically a "fun" object.
Test Subject
#315 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 10:22 PM
I'm so in to this, third series already. Is it okay if i have a 2 story house and no garden? I brought a big house well not really (28 Sim Lane) and couldn't be bothered to build anything. btw, Day 4 of the third series and there is already some lesbian action!! And they woo-hooed in the double bed too! Anyway, this is fun and I can't wait to continue playing. Originally i got the idea from haighyorkie on youtube but at least you stick to the rules.
Instructor
#316 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Many are familiar with the Big Brother show formula. 10 random strangers are locked up together in a house and at the end of each week the least popular person is voted out. The winner is the last person left in the house.

But how would it work for sims?

8 strangers (or 10 if you have the mod to allow more) are put into a house and left to their own devices. At the end of 8 or 10 sim weeks, the last sim standing gets to keep the house!

Create 8 (or 10 if you have the mods the allow them) YA random sims with a mix of personality traits - you could even use premade sims with randomly selected traits to get a broad spectrum of personality traits. Ideally it should be a male/female 50/50 split. Of course you may doll them up as much as you want, after all you have to look at them!

Build a single storey house with enough beds for all. To mix it up a bit throw in a double bed *forcing* bed sharing and the ensuing aggravation *muahahaha*.
Build a functional kitchen, (with microwave cooker and coffee machine) a large seating and dining area, a fireplace (which must be lit during the day) and a communal bathroom with 3 toilets, a washbasin and two showers. Depending on how you feel, you may use high quality kitchen stuff, or trashy stuff .. You are Big Brother here

You must NOT provide the following:

Bookcases
PCs
TVs
Any game or hobby objects or gym equipment
Swimming Pools
Ponds
Fire alarms
Burglar alarms

You may make your house as visually attractive as you like - or as hideous as you like.

Money control is not an issue - you will need money to furnish the house and buy Task equipment. You may use social interaction mods for things such as autonomous woohoo. The sims must be totally autonomous and you must NOT interfere with their actions. If death occurs, tough! No sim may leave the lot unless it is part of a group task. If a death does occur, as in my current game, one sim set himself on fire within the first hour of arriving at the house, you may replace that sim if you wish.

You may however make things more difficult for your housemates - The idea of the challenge is 'triumph through adversity' so some adverse conditions are encouraged. You may sometimes remove some facilities such as one of the showers or toilets on a temporary basis as 'punishment' for not cleaning toilets or showers. You may also disrupt sleep patterns by putting a stereo in the bedroom and switching it on. Removing one or two beds. Again 'punishment' is up to you.

Weekly Tasks - These are guideline tasks, feel free to create your own or repeat them more regularly. Your only limitation is your imagination! The only rule is that there must only be one activity going on at any one time - sims are forced to either join in with it or do nothing.

Week 1 - Painting Task - purchase enough painting easels for all sims. Leave in place for 1 sim week. Some sims will paint, some won't. The sim with the most skill gain wins 10 points. If it is a draw between several sims, that's Ok. They all get the 10 points. You must NOT interfere with the sims autonomy in any way, but you may remove the painting from the easel to allow a sim to continue painting if desired.
Or scrap paintings if a sim wanders off from the easel.

Week 2 - Athletic Task - Purchase enough running machines for all sims. Leave in place for 1 sim week. The sim with the most skill gain in Athletics wins 10 points. Same rule as above.

Week 3 - Install a pool - same as Athletic task. Remove after 1 sim week. Scoring same as above.

Week 4 - Free choice - Repeat one of the above tasks or invent your own. Darts, Foosball, put in a gardening plot (via buydebug) install a pond for fishing (with debug fish spawners) whatever you want. This week is designed to boost social skills - the sim with the best/most relationships with the other sims wins the points. You may also install a bar for this week.

Week 5 - Music Task - Purchase instruments of your choice - piano, guitar, bass, drums - rules as above. The sim with the highest skill gain wins the points.

Week 6 - Eviction Week! The sim with the lowest skills and the worst relationships is kicked out.

Week 7 - Saturday Field Trip - Take all the sims to the park and see what happens. At supper time treat them all to a meal at Hogans - or if you play a world with a dive bar, let them loose there. Again this is a social experiment to see which sims gain the best relationships.

Week 8 - Career Week - Send all sims to work! Choose random jobs - cooking career, politics, criminal, whatever you want - and see which one shines at work! They will have
to quit their jobs after one sim week.

The End - which sim is the most skilled? The best liked? The most popular? This sim wins!

I have make my own weekly task. Is that ok if I make my own or I will just follow the above rules on your challenge????
Screenshots

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Field Researcher
#317 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 12:39 AM
Lower your guns! I don't have a new update (sorry), I just wanted to resurrect this thread because

1. I love this challenge, and would love to see more people have a go at it.

2. I was playing around with blueprint mode today when I noticed this one kitchen blueprint that looked oddly similar to my Season 1 kitchen. I'll see you in court, EA.
Test Subject
#318 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 6:42 PM
I am back!

Since it's been 10 months since my last attempt at it, I will restart my series. Once again, 16 housemates although this time there will be four celebrities and four returnees from the cancelled season. Since I have a new rather high end PC, I hopefully will have a smoother running game! House pics and sims pics to follow.
Test Subject
#319 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 12:19 AM
Default Big Brother YouTube series!
Hi there,

Just wanted to share a Big Brother YouTube series i started on Saturday.

I hadn't seen this post before and with my series i'm kind of "winging" it but i would love it you would check it out and see what you think?

I have my own YouTube channel and i have other simmers "voicing" the sims!

Would love to know your thought??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmT...ERl_SFC-5QbmU0A

Thanks

Laura
Test Subject
#320 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsTil
Hi there,

Just wanted to share a Big Brother YouTube series i started on Saturday.

I hadn't seen this post before and with my series i'm kind of "winging" it but i would love it you would check it out and see what you think?

I have my own YouTube channel and i have other simmers "voicing" the sims!

Would love to know your thought??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmT...ERl_SFC-5QbmU0A

Thanks

Laura

Laura! It's Evan here (HeyaEvan/ThisGamerEvan)
Lab Assistant
#321 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:47 PM
I don't watch reality tv for the most part. Big Brother was never an interest for me. But, I decided I needed something I could just let run while I was working on this difficult knitting pattern. Sometimes, I just need to look up for a few minutes. Due to this, I decided to give it a shot. The worlds that work best on my computer are the one from Supernatural and the one from Island Paradise. Which gave me an idea. Put them on an island with no way off and no house. They have 7 Tents, Three all in one bathrooms, and two fire pits. I did go ahead and throw in some fish and a few plants they can harvest if they wish. I randomized everything and as of Tuesday of the first week, I have discovered they will go until they are 3 hours from death before they will eat a roasted marshmallow. They haven't even shown any interest in fishing or gardening so I may end up with all my sims dead before the week is out. I figure last man standing gets the prize is going to end up being literally last man standing gets the prize. To make it clear... I didn't give them lights and there isn't so much as a mini fridge. Yeah.. they are all going to die. LOL
Test Subject
#322 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 11:25 PM
Looks like a lot of fun! Going to give this a try!!
Lab Assistant
#323 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
I don't watch reality tv for the most part. Big Brother was never an interest for me. But, I decided I needed something I could just let run while I was working on this difficult knitting pattern. Sometimes, I just need to look up for a few minutes. Due to this, I decided to give it a shot. The worlds that work best on my computer are the one from Supernatural and the one from Island Paradise. Which gave me an idea. Put them on an island with no way off and no house. They have 7 Tents, Three all in one bathrooms, and two fire pits. I did go ahead and throw in some fish and a few plants they can harvest if they wish. I randomized everything and as of Tuesday of the first week, I have discovered they will go until they are 3 hours from death before they will eat a roasted marshmallow. They haven't even shown any interest in fishing or gardening so I may end up with all my sims dead before the week is out. I figure last man standing gets the prize is going to end up being literally last man standing gets the prize. To make it clear... I didn't give them lights and there isn't so much as a mini fridge. Yeah.. they are all going to die. LOL

I was right sort of... I lost one on Thursday and one on Friday. Since I can't send anyone home at this point, I awarded my winner by making them garden between 8 am and 6 pm So he now has control of the food. the rest I made clean the 3 in 1 bathrooms. I also gave everyone who managed to live through the first week a tomato. I didn't however tell them to eat it. I figure the one who waited until she was an hour away from death to eat it will be the next one to go.
Test Subject
#324 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 2:23 PM
this challenge sounds delightfully fun, and evil! right now though, im waiting for my challenge to get approval... I hope my challenge is a great hit, but its long. Ive only submitted two parts out of five to get approved by the moderator... wish me luck! oh yeah, if anyone is interested, its called "Evolution", you basically have to make it through five stages: caveman, medieval, Victorian, wild west, present day, and future (optional for people who have into the future), each stage is a challenge in itself!
Lab Assistant
#325 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:51 PM
Since the Sims 1 this has been one of the first things I tried out. In the first installment "last man standing" was about survival itself (because I put the guinea pig in there at a time where I had no idea that THIS was the thing that killed them. I thought they got a cold and installed a fireplace (I really did, it was the pre-internet-pre-walkthrough-pre-helpme-era), which brought more death upon them. They starved. They tried to eat drinks. They did not sleep anymore. They were stomping and waving. And than dying. This bigbrother-house became my first self-made cemetery in the game.

Sims 2 was far less dramatic, since they had some survival instinct and no guinea pig, but that's where I started to give out punishments. You destroy the toilet? You repair it. You pee yourself? You will have to clean the kitchen. You dare to engage in pillow-fighting? Have fun sleeping on the floor than. It's weird. I'm actually a nice person. But the amount of rules I came up with was astonishing, and so was the resulting torture.

The Sims 3's house never saw a winner, because once I found out that thanks to nraas I could stuff my house full with sims like never before, it didn't take me to long and I had a community of 32 people in there (2x16, even with mods there was no space for their portraits left ). All my BB-houses were simple popularity contests, meaning that every sim votes his most liked sim in an election for the house "speaker" who I'm allowed to control, for example to pay the bills and do other administrative tasks, and at the same time they vote the two sims they like the least to be evicted (always on Sundays, 6 pm). Having 32 sims cast votes and count them and write it all down and play that household for 30 weeks.... well.... I just gave up after 8 times, because they started to grow on me
Page 13 of 14