Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10777 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:41 AM
No, you can't.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Site Helper
#10779 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 2:17 PM
Weird sizes, yes. I've seen weird sizes in worlds. 29x41, 8x11, 19x21....
Back when CAW actually (sort of) worked on my computer, before I got tired of making roads that ran all over the map to places I didn't want them because it was taking several seconds for the program to respond to my mouse, I even made a lot of really weird sizes in CAW. But the only "normal size" I ever managed was 64x64, because it was hard-coded.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#10781 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:31 PM
No, it doesn't.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#10783 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 10:42 PM
I suppose you could have rabbit holes larger than 64x64 if you used moveObjects to play them. But there aren't any in the game, and you won't find more than a couple of CC rabbit hole models either.

I've wanted to make a custom one for a while, but I'm not sure I'll ever get around to it. I was thinking of Amsterdam's city hall, but I'm not sure if I'd rather do the classical 17th century one or the round 1980s one. The old one would be more interesting to look at, but the new one would blend right into all the EA worlds, and it'd look dope at night.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#10784 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:37 PM
Coupons for services at the spa don't count towards the "Buy Something on Sale" wish

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10785 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:18 AM
Living off mixology is rather annoying. First of all there are too many drinks to learn, secondly in order to survive the night moonlighting your mixed drinks will have to be at least of great quality in a lounge. But it takes ages to get there. My Sim is at level 10 in mixology which, while it allows him to moonlight at a lounge and at least doesn't make him make bad drinks anymore, is still not sufficient to be successful at it. In order to raise the drink quality you have to practice... each individual drink! Repeatedly. And it is not enough to practice the generic mood drinks. Even with the generic Energy drink at now Great+ the named Energy drink from the lounge is still at Nice. And it seems that a Sim's mood is also a factor in drinks quality because over the course of an evening my Sim's drinks get worse. Needless to say that very often after some two drinks made the mixologist on duty usually disbands my Sim for making terrible drinks.

Tl;dr: Mixology is one of the grindiest skills in TS3.
Mad Poster
#10786 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Living off mixology is rather annoying. First of all there are too many drinks to learn, secondly in order to survive the night moonlighting your mixed drinks will have to be at least of great quality in a lounge. But it takes ages to get there. My Sim is at level 10 in mixology which, while it allows him to moonlight at a lounge and at least doesn't make him make bad drinks anymore, is still not sufficient to be successful at it. In order to raise the drink quality you have to practice... each individual drink! Repeatedly. And it is not enough to practice the generic mood drinks. Even with the generic Energy drink at now Great+ the named Energy drink from the lounge is still at Nice. And it seems that a Sim's mood is also a factor in drinks quality because over the course of an evening my Sim's drinks get worse. Needless to say that very often after some two drinks made the mixologist on duty usually disbands my Sim for making terrible drinks.

Tl;dr: Mixology is one of the grindiest skills in TS3.

The one time I tried to make some actives earn a living this way, I decided to do it properly. They can work in a custom bartending rabbithole career and then do the moonlighting thing after their shifts are over, with some minor tuning adjustments to the shift hours so that it's not after midnight by the time they get to a real bar. You wanna see sims (and their player) in a bad mood? Try having them live on a negative hourly wage.

Has it never occurred to us that mixologists are really operating a front for something else more lucrative?
Site Helper
#10787 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Has it never occurred to us that mixologists are really operating a front for something else more lucrative?

And this is why my career mixologist has also managed to get his Kama Simtra skill up to 10, while also ensuring that many of his regulars are at least a 3...

(Buying the bar and adding a back room with several "private" amenities, plus pink mood lights around the room also ensure that he can service several private customers in one night.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Mad Poster
#10788 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 3:22 PM Last edited by igazor : 10th Oct 2017 at 6:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
And this is why my career mixologist has also managed to get his Kama Simtra skill up to 10, while also ensuring that many of his regulars are at least a 3...

(Buying the bar and adding a back room with several "private" amenities, plus pink mood lights around the room also ensure that he can service several private customers in one night.)

Well yes, of course. But then mixology becomes the amenity, something to keep the customers happy and therefore the entire operation running smoothly. I wouldn't even consider it a significant source of income for the sims running such an operation, in fact if anything although necessary it would be more on the debit side of the business.

On a simpler level, I was imagining that sims posing as career mixologists without the fancy pink mood light business in the back might be selling something else from behind that bar. You know, something really evil like herbs, elixirs, or bootleg gourmet coffee beans.
#10789 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:04 PM
My Sim is a magician in his main job, but tips are low. So the only thing he can do from behind the bar is pull coins out of other Sims' ears.
I don't know what kind of nefarious things both of you do in your games and I suspect I do not really want to know.
But he's got some licorice in his inventory to help him slow down hunger, or rather thirst, respectively, so he can sell some of that if he wants to.

ETA: Which reminds me, another annoying thing about mixology is that even in a vampire lounge the bars offer absolutely nothing of benefit for vampires. Not a single drink raises their thirst and none of the food helps them either. That's what has already bothered me before and my attempt to at least add the Plasma Chowder to the bars has so far been a failure.
Mad Poster
#10790 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 8:30 PM Last edited by igazor : 10th Oct 2017 at 6:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
ETA: Which reminds me, another annoying thing about mixology is that even in a vampire lounge the bars offer absolutely nothing of benefit for vampires. Not a single drink raises their thirst and none of the food helps them either. That's what has already bothered me before and my attempt to at least add the Plasma Chowder to the bars has so far been a failure.

Not quite the same thing, but I usually provide a soft drink machine alongside the bar so that vamps can purchase a can of Plasma Cola whenever they need to.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=531020

For the chowder option, you would probably require might consider a customized buffet table.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=523377
#10791 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:57 PM
Well, I just add a fridge to every bar etc. but it's still stupid, especially because I've seen inactive human Sims order Plasma Chowder from a bar in a rebel hangout (and vomit ofc afterwards).
You know, it's just the mere idea that there is nothing vampiric in a vampire lounge for them on offer. Hemoglobin Shooter should give just that, a hemoglobin shot, and if one of the drinks got rid of the sun moodlets or protect them from them for a while, that'd be nice, too. A vampire bar opens at 2pm in any case, hardly the time to go out for a drink for "creatures of the night."
Site Helper
#10792 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
On a simpler level, I was imagining that sims posing as career mixologists without the fancy pink mood light business in the back might be selling something else from behind that bar. You know, something really evil like herbs, elixirs, or bootleg gourmet coffee beans.

Oh, so THAT's why the elixir Consignment is open all night!

(It looks as though I really need UNI...)

Field Researcher
#10793 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:26 PM
EA missed a lot of things but they remembered to disable the ability of ghosts to walk through walls when you are on a lot with a tomb. They also have it coded so that ghosts will pick up the soaked and singed moodlets (which I hadn't noticed ghosts getting before). Ghosts will go ahead and attempt to disarm an electric or fire trap when they are singed because what have they got to lose- it's not like it's going to kill them.
Top Secret Researcher
#10794 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
EA missed a lot of things but they remembered to disable the ability of ghosts to walk through walls when you are on a lot with a tomb. They also have it coded so that ghosts will pick up the soaked and singed moodlets (which I hadn't noticed ghosts getting before). Ghosts will go ahead and attempt to disarm an electric or fire trap when they are singed because what have they got to lose- it's not like it's going to kill them.

I send my sim into the Landgraab mansion in France with a large load of Ghosts potions and some Ninja vanish potions. The trick is to use the ghost potion when you have a tomb room in between two spots you can see. Then the Ghost will go through walls and into the tomb on his way to the known room.

When I get stuck, Ninja vanish. Never did figure out the Landgraab mansion completely..
Scholar
#10795 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:29 PM
I discovered a bit of EA weirdness today which, after all this time playing Sims 3, I'd not noticed before. I had my teen sim fix herself some autumn salad which she placed on a counter. I then found that she could either put it in the fridge, or clear it away, but there was no option for her to actually to eat the stuff! I thought this was a glitch with my game, but apparently not. It seems that, for reasons known only to EA, it is an 'adults only' recipe. And it's the same with mac and cheese and waffles. Group servings are fine, and they can use the 'call to meal' interactions, but a single serving, sitting on a counter or a table, has to be put in the fridge before a teen can eat it.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Alchemist
#10796 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I send my sim into the Landgraab mansion in France with a large load of Ghosts potions and some Ninja vanish potions. The trick is to use the ghost potion when you have a tomb room in between two spots you can see. Then the Ghost will go through walls and into the tomb on his way to the known room.

When I get stuck, Ninja vanish. Never did figure out the Landgraab mansion completely..

That's...honestly a fantastic idea :o And the Landgraab chateau is one of the more confusing tombs; I haven't played an adventurer in awhile, but I think you need several quest chains to complete it.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#10797 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I discovered a bit of EA weirdness today which, after all this time playing Sims 3, I'd not noticed before. I had my teen sim fix herself some autumn salad which she placed on a counter. I then found that she could either put it in the fridge, or clear it away, but there was no option for her to actually to eat the stuff! I thought this was a glitch with my game, but apparently not. It seems that, for reasons known only to EA, it is an 'adults only' recipe. And it's the same with mac and cheese and waffles. Group servings are fine, and they can use the 'call to meal' interactions, but a single serving, sitting on a counter or a table, has to be put in the fridge before a teen can eat it.

Didn't EA get this a bit backward? In real life, it's the toddlers that are the picky eaters. Teens understand the concept that this is dinner: eat it or go hungry. Sim toddlers happily eat anything you put in front of them, while sim teens are the really picky eaters that won't eat certain foods unless they are force-fed.

Lab Assistant
#10798 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 3:33 PM
Changing the hair & clothing of Sims directly via CAS (shift click on Sim > Edit in CAS) will cause them to age prematurely.

At least, that's what is happening in my game.
Mad Poster
#10799 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dlseis
Changing the hair & clothing of Sims directly via CAS (shift click on Sim > Edit in CAS) will cause them to age prematurely.

At least, that's what is happening in my game.

It actually randomizes their ages within the sims' current age stage, so sometimes players will see their ages go down.

NRaas MasterController's version of CAS prevents that from happening. To get the MC version of CAS across the entire game, as opposed to using an MC command to enter it, the MC Integration add-on module is required in addition to the base mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#10800 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 6:03 PM
Default My discovery of the Day!
This is so lame... I tried to start the ctrl+shift+c cheat from the pick a save screen, and it worked.
Screenshots
Page 432 of 490