Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 6:32 AM
Default What am I doing wrong? lots no showing up
I have been using Clean Installer 1.6 version and works great with most of my downloads.But with lots the lot does not show up. Oddly enough the custom content for the lot shows up but not the lot file. I have checked my lots and houses bar.I have tried manually removing the lot file and putting in the teleport folder the lot catalog etc.Thanks for your help. If I install a new version of Clean Installer do I need to uninstall the previous version.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 8:59 PM
Can you give us the default installation path, which is shown in the second Clean Installer window?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 3:52 AM
I'll be happy to give it just got to get back to my computer on sunday as I am not currently at home.
Site Helper
#4 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 4:16 AM
No problem. Just post the path when you have it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 6:41 PM
This is what the path says C:\Users\elaine\Documents\EA Games\\Teleport\
Site Helper
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 8:21 PM
The path is missing "The Sims 2". For some reason, several people have reported this problem over the last couple of weeks. You should modify the S2PCI.ini file and specify the default save game location. Double click on S2PCI.ini in the Sims2Pack Clean Installer folder to bring up the ini file in Notepad.

Add your default save game location between the quote marks in the line:
SaveGamePath=""

For example:
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\elaine\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2"

Save and exit Notepad. Now, the Clean Installer should use that path as your default save game location and everything should work correctly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 3:49 AM
Still not working tryed to change the path of the inni file it says access denied when I try to save it
Site Helper
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 4:20 AM
I'm going to be uploading a new version soon, which I hope will solve your problem. Can you wait for a little while? I have changed a couple of things with the registry access which I hope will solve this problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 4:46 AM
Default Sounds great
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I'm going to be uploading a new version soon, which I hope will solve your problem. Can you wait for a little while? I have changed a couple of things with the registry access which I hope will solve this problem.

Thanks let me know when it will be up
Site Helper
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 5:03 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 3rd Dec 2013 at 5:28 AM.
It's available here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409950

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

By the way, you're probably running into an issue with UAC (user account control?) when you try to save the file. Google for instructions on overriding this [sarcasm] wonderful [/sarcasm] new Microsoft feature which prevents you from accessing your own files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 6:16 AM
Finally got it to work by moving the files from ea teleport folder to the eathe sims2 teleport folder.
Site Helper
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 6:06 PM
Are you saying that my potential fix didn't work? Things are still installing into EA Games\Teleport?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 3:31 AM
I was able to get the lots to show up
this was the path
C:\Users\elaine\Documents\EA Games\\Teleport
Site Helper
#14 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 4th Dec 2013 at 10:40 PM.
Yes, I know that you've found a way around the problem. However, I'd like to try to fix the problem for everyone. I may have to get the Clean Installer to print out a log of what it's getting from the registry, since I can't reproduce this problem myself. Without knowing what's wrong, I'm just making educated guesses as to how to fix the problem.