Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4951 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 7th Jun 2015 at 6:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
Wait... I played a vampire once, she didn't have to eat for a week. Do higher level vampires have to drink plasma more often or what?

And when she did, she nabbed some guy in the library and bit him on the arm, not the neck.
There are no levels for vampirism, they should need plasma as often as a normal sim needs food, and they only bite the necks of romantic interests.

Edit: Also another interesting thing with regard to vampires is: if you are worried about them getting too much sun during the day and if you own Seasons, then give them an umbrella; being under an umbrella counts as indoors and using an umbrella will even fulfill the wish to retreat indoors. Inactive vampire Sims will use an umbrella autonomously to protect themselves from the sun.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#4952 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 3:56 AM
errr is there a camera mod for sims 3 like the gun mod one for sims 2 ?? What a transition this is .. Is it possible to zoom all the way out in the neighborhood town screen ?
Alchemist
#4953 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jimlisa912
errr is there a camera mod for sims 3 like the gun mod one for sims 2 ?? What a transition this is .. Is it possible to zoom all the way out in the neighborhood town screen ?

For the game camera, I use Aikea Guinea's No Drift/Lower Level Free Cam Camera Mod. You can also try Shimrod's camera.
For CAS, I use Shimrod's Zoom-In CaS Camera.

I don't know if the game camera allows this, but I can zoom in a lot in non-tab mode, then go to map view, then tab mode and zoom out much further. Here's a comparison:

Instructor
#4954 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:05 AM
Is there a mod that will let me save a house I have created from scratch in the game? I ask because I can't find a setting in the game to do it and I have created a couple of houses I really like and I would love to be able to import them into other games like some of the premade houses but there doesn't seem to be an option for that.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but that is what this thread is for
One Minute Ninja'd
#4955 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:24 AM
Doesn't Edit Town, click on the lot, hit the Save icon work for you?
Instructor
#4956 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:26 AM
I'll give it a try and let you know, thanks!
Instructor
#4957 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 12:30 AM
Oh and is there some skill your Sim has to master to use the climate control life time reward, or is it a joke put in by the programers?

I ask because I have tried to use it over a dozen times and it has never worked and half the time the resulting lightening strike has killed my sim outright.

I am guessing there is either some advanced tech skill my sims need to master or it was put in as gag reward.
#4958 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 2:14 AM
Kewl! the Climate Control LTR kills your sim!

I'm gonna get one of those. Not enough ways to die in the game, IMHO.
Alchemist
#4959 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Oh and is there some skill your Sim has to master to use the climate control life time reward, or is it a joke put in by the programers?

I ask because I have tried to use it over a dozen times and it has never worked and half the time the resulting lightening strike has killed my sim outright.

I am guessing there is either some advanced tech skill my sims need to master or it was put in as gag reward.

If you try to use the machine with zero charge, there's a 50% chance you'll get struck by lightning instead, so don't use the machine too often.

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#4960 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 9:38 AM
Okay, thanks.

It would be nice if it told you that somewhere, or maybe it did and I miss it.

Either way, thanks a bunch.
Alchemist
#4961 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 1:04 PM
Does the climate control reward affect only the active lot, or does it affect the entire world? How long do the effects last?

Sims with body hair can get waxed at the spa, but does the hair "grow" back after a while or do they stay baby-smooth forever?
Top Secret Researcher
#4962 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 6:12 PM
Do you need to go through Origin if you have the Steam version of SIms 3? (All their Sims 3 stuff is currently 25%, so I'm considering it.)
Instructor
#4963 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Do you need to go through Origin if you have the Steam version of SIms 3? (All their Sims 3 stuff is currently 25%, so I'm considering it.)

The problem with this is that if you buy the expansions on Origin, you cannot activate them on Steam. So your Steam version of Sims 3 will not register that you have the expansions. According to threads on Steam, users said you can get the CD key from Steam to transfer it over to Origin. But then you're playing Sims 3 away from Steam.
Alchemist
#4964 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Okay, thanks.

It would be nice if it told you that somewhere, or maybe it did and I miss it.

Either way, thanks a bunch.

Hey, it's not fun if everything comes with a warning label, right? Sometimes you just need to experiment and see what will happen. (Does not always apply IRL)

Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Does the climate control reward affect only the active lot, or does it affect the entire world? How long do the effects last?

The weather lasts for 6 hours and it will revert back to the original weather after that. I don't think there's a "local" weather, so I'm sure it will affect the entire world.

Sims with body hair can get waxed at the spa, but does the hair "grow" back after a while or do they stay baby-smooth forever?

I never tried waxing, but judging from the xml and code, the hair will grow back after 3 days.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#4965 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 1:27 PM
Will sims that i don't play still have the possibility of house fires/ other disasters and deaths ? (i also have nraas sp if its relevant)
Also, are the higher levels of the photography skill only available if you have World Adventures? I got Uni life and there's only book one. I don't particularly need it, I'd just like to know.
Alchemist
#4966 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hippiebones
Will sims that i don't play still have the possibility of house fires/ other disasters and deaths ? (i also have nraas sp if its relevant)
Also, are the higher levels of the photography skill only available if you have World Adventures? I got Uni life and there's only book one. I don't particularly need it, I'd just like to know.

First question: yes! When I played in Twinbrook, Juan Darer would frequently set fire to his inventing bench. Though I don't think earthquakes and big fires happen if you're not playing a firefighter.

Second question: there's only one Photography book IIRC, for the rest of the skill you have to take photos to level up. Sims MX has made a mod that adds the missing books for Photography and Martial Arts, though.
Lab Assistant
#4967 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 1:46 PM
First question: yes! When I played in Twinbrook, Juan Darer would frequently set fire to his inventing bench. Though I don't think earthquakes and big fires happen if you're not playing a firefighter.

Second question: there's only one Photography book IIRC, for the rest of the skill you have to take photos to level up. Sims MX has made a mod that adds the missing books for Photography and Martial Arts, though.

Interesting! That's good to know. I should start placing inventing tables around in some npc homes then i suppose. I need a bit of excitement in my sims lives~ might as well have them pick up some skills along the way.
And oh that's very helpful! I was really confused about only having one book.
Thank you!! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#4968 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 6:25 PM
A question about Midnight Hollow: It seems like the selling point for the Gold version is the Toy Shop, but is there any point to buying that version instead of the standard if you just want the items and not the venue? I was thinking of just buying the Standard Version and the Toy Machine to save about 600 Simpoints, but I want to make sure I won't be missing out on anything except for some cheesy deco.
Mad Poster
#4969 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spamaccount
A question about Midnight Hollow: It seems like the selling point for the Gold version is the Toy Shop, but is there any point to buying that version instead of the standard if you just want the items and not the venue? I was thinking of just buying the Standard Version and the Toy Machine to save about 600 Simpoints, but I want to make sure I won't be missing out on anything except for some cheesy deco.

If you don't get the Gold edition, you'll miss out on this -

I didn't get the Gold edition and I've regretted it ever since.
Lab Assistant
#4970 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
If you don't get the Gold edition, you'll miss out on this -

I didn't get the Gold edition and I've regretted it ever since.

Well. That settles it then.
Alchemist
#4971 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spamaccount

I don't think there's any other additional content, aside from what you've said and expected.

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#4972 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 7:15 PM
Is there a way to set the game either use XML tuning in returner or with a mod so that Neuratic Sims will not run away from Bonehilda? I ask because every single Sim of this type I have come across runs from her and I have a vampire sim who's personality I like but the normal maids will not work at his house because he is a vampire and he becomes uncontrollable when I let Bonehilda out.

It's not a big deal and I don't hold it against the game it's just it would be nice to have this stop happening.

Thanks.
Instructor
#4973 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 7:03 PM
Is there any reason my Expanded Tattoo mod isn't working with Mastercontroller? I recently started a new Sims 3 file, moved over all my important mods, and the tattoos are the only thing that don't seem to be working. All the tattoo placements show up fine (face, body, shoulder, etc), but clicking on a tattoo doesn't place it. Either nothing happens, or the tattoo will show up with "vanilla" placement. If that makes sense.
Field Researcher
#4974 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 10:12 PM
my sims can't join professions. when i do the action jobs and professions > professions; nothing happens and the sim just gets up.
Test Subject
#4975 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 11:38 AM
So, I recently started a random-legacy, using Twallans SP. Unfortunately it means that every single townie is hooked up with someone else before my founder has even the slighest chance of meeting someone. I have not yet met a YA who is single (and my founder is nearly an adult now). How do you guys make sure there are singles available in your hoods, while still keeping SP balanced?
Page 199 of 385