Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 7:30 PM
Default Sims stuck after CAS edit
I can't remember if it happens every time or some of the time, but when I use the mod to edit other sims (NPC) in CAS they get stuck afterwards. They stop moving and interacting with things on their own and just stand there idle until I call them somewhere or interact with them myself. does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to stop it from happening? I want to be able to edit the foreign dignitaries to my liking, but then they get stuck afterwards. It's annoying. What's the point of having the CAS edit if it just freezes them up. I tried exiting and restarting the game and it doesn't help.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 6:21 AM
When you experience that Sims, whether it's NPC's or not, stand still and doesn't do anything they usually do, their autonomy is turned off. As you probably know, you can change the autonomy level of active Sims through the game settings, but not for the NPC's. Now, the reason why this happens when you try to edit the NPC's in CAS, I don't know. What I do know, is that CAS gets really buggy in TSM when you provide it with an existing Sim, so you should expect something like this to happen. But try to limit your use of it to the changes you won't be able to make otherwise, for example changing body shape, even though it's not a persistent change.

Also, there are multiple Edit in CAS mods, so simply stating "the mod to edit other sims (NPC) in CAS" is not enough, because no, they're not the same.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
When you experience that Sims, whether it's NPC's or not, stand still and doesn't do anything they usually do, their autonomy is turned off. As you probably know, you can change the autonomy level of active Sims through the game settings, but not for the NPC's. Now, the reason why this happens when you try to edit the NPC's in CAS, I don't know. What I do know, is that CAS gets really buggy in TSM when you provide it with an existing Sim, so you should expect something like this to happen. But try to limit your use of it to the changes you won't be able to make otherwise, for example changing body shape, even though it's not a persistent change.

Also, there are multiple Edit in CAS mods, so simply stating "the mod to edit other sims (NPC) in CAS" is not enough, because no, they're not the same.

I figured out getting stuck only happens after I try to change their gender in CAS. For those times when you want to marry the leader of a foreign land, but you don't like how they generated. I guess I just have to change my plans instead of trying to change the sim >: It was a bug I encountered several months ago when playing, and I just started up again and forgot exactly what caused it. But after a few tests I figured it out/remembered. Irritating but it's not game breaking, just plan breaking. ^^;;
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:52 PM
Only when changing the gender.. very interesting. I'll have a further look into that, and see if I can do something about it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 9:02 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you describe when changing the gender of existing Sims. They just go on with their business as usual afterwards, in my experience, but I'm not saying that it's not an existing issue, as I'm sure it is. However, I just release my improved version of Edit In CAS , that I've been having in my library for some time. I recommend that you to use this, as it does fix other bugs, and I'm planning on improving it further if bugs are reported to me.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you describe when changing the gender of existing Sims. They just go on with their business as usual afterwards, in my experience, but I'm not saying that it's not an existing issue, as I'm sure it is. However, I just release my improved version of Edit In CAS , that I've been having in my library for some time. I recommend that you to use this, as it does fix other bugs, and I'm planning on improving it further if bugs are reported to me.

does it allow us to change their weight/fitness and traits? xD
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 7:54 AM
As you found out yourself it seems - yes!