Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 4:08 PM Last edited by Chax : 18th Nov 2020 at 11:29 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default you
-------
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 6:12 PM
I've had this problem in one of my household's kitchens. In fact, with the bright white surfaces, I can't even see plates that are set down upon them at night when the overhead lights are on. But I did find that only a very slight twinge of grey on those surfaces helped solve the problem and they still look mostly white. I wonder why you need to go so much darker in your case. Perhaps some adjustments in either direction of your Game Options graphics settings would help a bit?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 7:20 PM
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 8:06 PM
Ha, I should have known there was a better solution all this time than just making everything under the sun (pun intended) grey or patterned.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 9:40 AM
This seems endemic to the game and is not system dependent. I wonder if a bloom effect is being applied. My solution was to create a profile for the game in my vid drivers and reduce the gamma there; not perfect but better than being blinded by any white horizontal surface - countertops, table tops, floors (often looked like there was lighting beneath the floor), and especially snow (try searching for collectibles when the entire landscape is brilliant, almost glowing, white).