Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 1:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Seasons
extrem loading family time
hi again on another problem

recently my game take almost 2 hours till my family has load

i watched already 2 tv episodes 45 minutes each my game is STILL loading

this it does everyday...i try delete sims i try delete all wild horses and straying animals nothing help

i used those savegame cleaner help by nraas and samegame cleaner tool by kurea still not help

i removed all downloads / mods (exepct nraas files but i test this next) still not work

yes the save file reduced almost 320 mb to 93 mb but it still take 2 hours to load ???

how can 93 mb take this forever...do anyone know this problem can help me pls?

i play sims 3 on origin which mean auto update latest version and i own every expansion pack exepct supernatural
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 2:10 PM
Hello Angie26 ... That is way too long for loading a game. Not knowing what your system is or what mods and or CC you have installed it's hard to offer a single solution to the problem.
Maybe some of the tips in This Document will help. The document addresses several causes for poor game performance issues and identifies things you can do to clean up and tweak for better performance.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 2:41 PM
Seeing as everything else you've done does nothing to fix it, may I recommend creating a new save and seeing if the loading problem persists? If you don't have the same problem on a new save then something within that save got corrupt.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 9:32 PM
hm do u mean like starting a new game or do the copy town click?
since everytime loading my game take 2 hours i not have much time to try but i do like test any advice if i can save my months long gameplay
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 12:11 PM
I second the above suggestions, but thought I'd offer an additional option: Save Cleaner V2.2 by Kuree

It's super easy to use, but please make sure you back up your original save. I'm often amazed at how much it shaves off a save file.

EDIT

Just noticed it's listed as an option in Barbarat's link. Highly recommended!

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 2:39 PM
I had the same loading time, but try merginh your CC and cleaning out DCBackup, Screenshots and Featured Items (or something like that).
Hope I helped.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 4:36 PM
i realised it are the amount on lots as i have edit town and add more locals and houses to the game
by removing some i did reduce the loading time to about 1 hour +

thinking how many houses are in al simhara china and frances that are really not needed to have that many residents as vacation travel place i plan to remove all resident houses there (i not go al simhara to talk ppl)

but when i done editing and go back my town it seem to stop loading my town
the spin not appearing it be a simple mouse cursor the load sign not continue but music run

i did think i let it run while i go out to the store but when i back my game crashes as usual if beeing away pc to long
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Angie26
i realised it are the amount on lots as i have edit town and add more locals and houses to the game
by removing some i did reduce the loading time to about 1 hour +

thinking how many houses are in al simhara china and frances that are really not needed to have that many residents as vacation travel place i plan to remove all resident houses there (i not go al simhara to talk ppl)

but when i done editing and go back my town it seem to stop loading my town
the spin not appearing it be a simple mouse cursor the load sign not continue but music run

i did think i let it run while i go out to the store but when i back my game crashes as usual if beeing away pc to long

Let's do this. What map are you playing on? Save about 2-3 important households into family bin, save with houses. And then play a brand new game with the same map. Put the saved households in place like the old ones. And tell us how long the load time is.

I suspect somewhere down the line you did something to corrupt the save (not your fault, it's EA's problem). I had the same thing with Notchcliff Island. It was running rather well considering a medium sized map. But at 1 point I constantly had Error 12 or crash to desktop. Despite I only played that save for 10 sim days (I spent more time in Edit town), it was corrupted somewhere. So I literately saved all the households and community lots that I modified/added. I replaced them to a brand new Notchcliff Island map. it fixed the problem. Granted, you will lose some of the relationship between households and NPCs. But what can you do?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Let's do this. What map are you playing on? Save about 2-3 important households into family bin, save with houses. And then play a brand new game with the same map. Put the saved households in place like the old ones. And tell us how long the load time is.

I suspect somewhere down the line you did something to corrupt the save (not your fault, it's EA's problem). I had the same thing with Notchcliff Island. It was running rather well considering a medium sized map. But at 1 point I constantly had Error 12 or crash to desktop. Despite I only played that save for 10 sim days (I spent more time in Edit town), it was corrupted somewhere. So I literately saved all the households and community lots that I modified/added. I replaced them to a brand new Notchcliff Island map. it fixed the problem. Granted, you will lose some of the relationship between households and NPCs. But what can you do?

iam playing on the appalosa plain map (pet expansion) playing like 2 months in no issue yet suddenly this never ending loading

speaking about error and corruption i do have had a error that were caused by missing harddrive space
my game try to save then give error surprised i try again still error when i notice i can not record videos i checked my harddrive space it was nearly full

i deleted things had over 20 gb free again and saved again then game has saved
yet i remember before this everything was alright

maybe can this be the cause? it was just a few days ago when i had this error and a few days ago i noticed this long saving / loading too
Scholar
#13 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
[...] So I literately saved all the households and community lots that I modified/added. I replaced them to a brand new Notchcliff Island map. it fixed the problem. Granted, you will lose some of the relationship between households and NPCs. But what can you do?

you can use Porter

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Angie26
iam playing on the appalosa plain map (pet expansion) playing like 2 months in no issue yet suddenly this never ending loading

speaking about error and corruption i do have had a error that were caused by missing harddrive space
my game try to save then give error surprised i try again still error when i notice i can not record videos i checked my harddrive space it was nearly full

i deleted things had over 20 gb free again and saved again then game has saved
yet i remember before this everything was alright

maybe can this be the cause? it was just a few days ago when i had this error and a few days ago i noticed this long saving / loading too

You probably need more than 20Gb. Because Windows itself needs around 10-20Gb free space to run comfortably. I think you are answering your own problem: you are running out of diskspace. My advice .... never allow your system to have less than 20Gb space free. Some will argue about space location for virtual memory, but ... just to be safe, never go close, bad things will happen.

Can you also please try to start a brand new game with that Appalosa Plain map and see how long it takes to save your game? Start out with just 1 household.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 7:21 PM
hmm a new game create on appalosa does work even if i had the feeling it take longer to create a new game on this map than on other bigger ones

island paradiso is maybe more than 3 times bigger it has load half time only

maybe is my appalosa a bit corrupted but how do i fix this? avoiding a new game seems impossible to me but maybe there be still hope

i used a street replacer on the appalosa map but this is been added since very long ago and has work very great

sorry bad english
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 4:37 PM
i repeately reading about possible sims 2 file which cause very long loading time if that is the case how do i see difference between sims 2 and sims 3 files ?

they are all DBPF f iles and i used delphy Sims 3 Dashboard reader i see no Sims 2 package

where else can they be hidden aside in the mods/packages?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 6:41 PM
I have long loading times but 2 hours? Wow. You are patience. I did experience a long save time. Over 30 minutes. I just killed the game.

One thing you could try is trim your inventory. I am a bit of pack rat and I collect lots of things. For example, one of my sims had close to 1000 scraps and this took several seconds each time I access the scrap station. My game would just stop and pause regularly until I trimmed other items such as paintings, samples etc.

If your sims have a large inventory, maybe that could be a cause. Just a suggestion anyway to try out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kinneer_SC
I have long loading times but 2 hours? Wow. You are patience. I did experience a long save time. Over 30 minutes. I just killed the game.

One thing you could try is trim your inventory. I am a bit of pack rat and I collect lots of things. For example, one of my sims had close to 1000 scraps and this took several seconds each time I access the scrap station. My game would just stop and pause regularly until I trimmed other items such as paintings, samples etc.

If your sims have a large inventory, maybe that could be a cause. Just a suggestion anyway to try out.

ty the post reply regarding the inventory i used nraas master controller to clear out all the items on every inventory

but i do have find out it be my home map related

after 2 hours loading my game finaly done i go into edit town > going to edit china all loading fast normal

after done editing china i go back hometown it load again 2 hours soo the point is definitv my home town not my savegame yet to find out what is the issue exactly

one next test i will remove every lot and every family and see if i can load normal
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#19 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 1:31 AM
Moving to Help. Please post Help questions in the Help forums, not in Discussion.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 3:41 PM
why always this useless moving

help section not help much hmm ppl go there "IF NEED HELP" not to go help and discusss something

in that case i can wait forever someone to reply like in every other forum
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 3:49 PM
You are not entitled to deliberately post in the wrong forums just to get more attention. That’s only messing up the forums for everyone else, which is pretty anti-social.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 4:46 PM
Hello Again Angie26 ... there are some great suggestions from the other members responding but it is unclear what you have tried, and what happened when you did try for some of them.
Have you tried the steps in The Document I linked For You Above .. it contains some of the suggestion here but many more game performance tips that should help you out. In the long run it might be worth your while to take some time to try those suggestions