Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 1:38 PM
Default Feedback on a camo pattern?
Another user (Moyrie) had mentioned wanted a digital camo pattern in the new CAP thread.

I've made this using a source image from the internet, making it seamless in Photoshop and importing it into the CAP as a "sticker".

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 2:34 PM
Could you possibly zoom in a bit on the pattern? It looks pretty good from what I can see though. How many color channels does it have? The real thing has 4, as far as I can tell.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 3:22 PM

There is some blur/jpg artifacts close up. I could try to fix this by making the overall pattern smaller, but I'm not sure how "real" that would look.

As of right now it is one channel. I think I can make it into multiples by playing around with the layers in CAP, but this is my first day playing around with the program - let me see what I can do. As of right now you can only make monochromatic combinations because it is a single channel.
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 3:35 PM
I like the colours and the general shape of it, I think the only thing I don't like is the fact the camo is pixelated instead of just blotchy. If that makes sense.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyFrontbum
I like the colours and the general shape of it, I think the only thing I don't like is the fact the camo is pixelated instead of just blotchy. If that makes sense.

Digital Camo is pixelated. The first time I saw it I was like "that's your uniform? REALLY?" Very different from traditional camo patterns, isn't it?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 11:58 PM
Actually, smaller would be good, because the real thing is so small that from a distance it looks.. well, like a weird color blur. Here's a couple images I found of it. It doesn't matter to me if it's not recolorable, if it comes in the color shown in those pictures, since that's really all I need it for. A friend of mine was annoyed when his self-sim had to put up with regular camo, instead of having the digital camo.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 1:44 AM

and in blue (the purple artifact is my computer, not a function of the pattern to the best of my knowledge. I get it on everything. ) :

I've been up far too long today and am about to go to bed, however looking at it if this simply won't do I can probably make a convincing pattern from scratch in photoshop, just not 100% sure when I'll have the time to sit down and do it.

Also as an upside if I start from scratch I can make sure it has channels, since I can do it layer by layer and copypasta into the CAP.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 4:07 AM
The size is perfect, but I'd have to see how the blue looked on my screen to be sure of the coloring.