Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 4:38 AM
Default Pottery Modding
Okay, I've found that the basis of the pottery wheel is ridiculously silly and useless. I was wondering if it were possible to mod in the creation of various other forms of pottery and other clay workings. Anyone know if this is possible? Where's a good place to start. I've been looking through the object data for FreeTime but I can't seem to find the pottery wheel object.

I'd appreciate any nudges in the right direction. :D
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 10:35 AM
The Object Data name of the pottery wheel is "Crafting - Pottery Wheel", GroupID 0x7FF00DA8, GUID 0x53D9B319.

As for forcing the pottery wheel to create different objects, probably the easiest way is a "default replacement" of the objects:
- "Sculpture - Plate - Craftable", GroupID 0x7F5096C2, GUID 0x73E186FF
- "Sculpture - Plate - Craftable -EVIL", GroupID 0x7F70A750, GUID 0x745ABEA0

I'm not sure if you can add new craftable objects to the existing plates (I've not examined the code very deeply ); most of the crafting code is in the CraftingGlobals, and therefore modifying it would require a global mod.
As an alternative, you could clone the pottery wheel and import into the clone all the semiglobals that need to be modified, so to create an alternate pottery wheel that creates different objects than the Maxis' one.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 3:47 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try. :D