Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
ROAST POTATOES

i'm guessing you really like Roast potatoes because you wrote it in capital letters
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:58 PM
I like roast potatoes but i rarely have freshly made roast potatoes
Mad Poster
#28 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 8:30 PM
Gammon Steak
Cinnamon Buns (or cinnamon rolls with a lot of cream cheese frosting)
Scones from my boyfriends work
Apple Pie with Custard
Tacos
Vanilla Cheesecake
Spicy Italian Subway Sandwich (with honey-mustard sauce and lots of salad)
Hot Fudge Sundae Poptarts (or any other flavour that is super expensive and not the normal chocolate / strawberry flavours they sell everywhere in the UK)
Jacket Potatoes with lots of cheese
Soft Tacos
McDonald's Big Mac
Chicken and Chorizo Subway Sandwich (with BBQ sauce, but they always put too much/too little)
Doritos with Dip

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#29 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:34 AM
VerDeTerre: I'm in USA, California. Love Texan BBQ! (husband's from there). I don't know what these are from you:
mali koptka, mango lassis, bubble tea, "allsorts". Also --
coal pudding.
Mash = mashed potatoes. Check. "Bangers & mash" - sausage and mashed potatoes? Never heard of King Edward potatoes. I like Yukon Gold or "new" potatoes for mash, they have a finer texture than russets.
And "digestives" just look like cookies to me; they are one of my favorite foods (ANY cookie) - so now I can say I'm eating them because they are healthy?
I like mango chutney, gelato, and my own carrot cake with pineapple. Garlic bread; sour-dough French loafs, with lots of butter and minced real garlic, put under the broiler just to lightly toast the top. With real BBQ brisket or ribs.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#30 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:47 AM
Let's see ...

• Spaghetti
  • Steaks
  • Rice, so long as it's accompanied by some kind of meat
  • Most pizzas
  • Indian butter chicken
  • Turkish kebabs
  • Hangi-cooked meat 'n' spuds
  • Apples
  • Apricot or strawberry yoghurt
  • Bananas
  • Cheddar cheese
  • Breads (especially unsliced savoury kinds like herb and onion or cheese loaves)
  • Tomato soups, paired with an unsliced loaf of bread
  • Cheese crackers

Yes, a distinct lack of fruits and vegetables in my diet ...

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Instructor
#31 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 8:21 AM
I love anything from the sea, whether it's fish, crustaceans or clams.
I love basically any kind of vegetables and fruit, and all spices.
Actually I should probably say what I do not like, that would be much easier!
Gorgonzola cheese: I love its taste though my mind can't accept those little green mould pieces inside of it.
I am not crazy about meat either, unless it comes from friends' farm and stuff like that. I think that the beef, pork and chicken you can buy at the supermarket nowadays is just tasteless. It's like they deprive the meat of every flavor, make it bland so the buyer can season it as they want. But that's just plain awful! I love flavors! What's the good in having all these types of meat around us when they all taste the same?! That is probably why I love more unconventional meat too, like deer or hare, which have very bold and rich flavors because they grew up in the woods and had an awesome life.

Besides that I love food and I think everything is awesome in its way.
If I really have to think about one super food that I would eat till my stomach explodes and I die, that would be a rich Paella. Oh my God. If there ever was a gold pot at the end of the rainbow, that would be full of Paella.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
VerDeTerre: I'm in USA, California. Love Texan BBQ! (husband's from there). I don't know what these are from you: mali koptka, mango lassis, bubble tea, "allsorts"
Sounds good! I used to love BBQ when I ate meat. Yukon Gold used to be my favorite, but they've been pushed into second place by purple potatoes. The gold potatoes have more flavor than your average spud and I like their texture. Purple potatoes are just simply amazing, however. I cut some up with some Yukons in the same dish, and microwaved them and served them drizzled with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Wow! They blew the Yukons away. I got them through my CSA share (Community Sponsered Agriculture - like owning a piece of a farm), so I won't have them again until next summer.

Allsorts are a liquorice candy arranged in different ways, typically with a filling or coating: http://www.oldtimecandy.com/walk-th...orice-allsorts/ It's possible that you've seen them and did not realize they were called all sorts.

Mango Lassi is an yogurt based drink from india and has mango puree in it. It's lightly sweet and tangy.

Mali Kofta (I was spelling it wrong) is my idea of heaven on earth. It's a Northern Indian dish. The kofta are little balls made with chickpea flour, paneer (an Indian cheese that is somewhat like a pressed type of cottage cheese, but dry and crumbly), and cashews. It's beautifully seasoned. In this dish, the kofta are served in a creamy brown sauce that, again, is beautifully seasoned and it's all served over basmati rice. Here's a picture, but ignore that the recipe uses the wrong flour: http://www.padhuskitchen.com/2013/0...make-malai.html

Bubble Tea is a somewhat recent invention from Tawain.. It's a tea and milk drink with "boba" or tapioca balls in it. It's served cold with a wide straw for sucking up the soft, chewy boba. It comes in many flavors. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea
There's bubble tea places in Southern California. One place that I visited with my son also had a selection of jelly - they called them grasses - large squares of jelly made from a type of mint (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grass_jelly ). You could order different bases for the drink - tea or soymilk, and in different flavors, then pick whether you wanted grass jelly or boba. It was delicious.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Mash = mashed potatoes. Check. "Bangers & mash" - sausage and mashed potatoes? Never heard of King Edward potatoes.

@grammapat

Yes, Bangers & mash is just another name for sausage and mash potatoes.

King Edward potatoes (named after King Edward VII) are grown in the UK, the country where i live. so i don't know whether they are shipped out to other countries . Or they may have a different name in other countries

Mad Poster
#34 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 8:44 PM
Those are a pretty looking potato. I love the red blush on them.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:24 PM
@VerDeTerre

You can get King Edward potatoes from any supermarket in the UK
you may be able to find them some where, where you live

i was looking on the Tesco website looking at potatoes to try to find the name of another potato my dad uses for mash and while i was looking i found rainbow potatoes.
are rainbow potatoes one type of potato of is it a multipack of different types of potatoes?

Rainbow Potatoes:
Mad Poster
#36 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:29 PM
That's got to be different potatoes. There's purple ones in there...oooo!

I'd be surprised if I saw the Prince Edward potatoes here, across the pond, but you never know, so I'll keep a look out.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:46 PM
okay

Purple Potatoes:

Apparently Purple Potatoes can help decrease high blood pressure it's explained more in this link
http://healthdoctrine.com/purple-po...ood-for-health/
Field Researcher
#38 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 3:16 AM
Favorite foods:
  • Mahed Potatoes
  • Turkey Sandwiches
  • Turkey
  • Beef Stew
  • Steak
  • Spaghetti
  • Brownies
  • Popcorn
  • Lasagna

For fruit and veggies, I really love pineapple, strawberries, and cantaloupe. I usually have my veggies in the stew.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 7:57 AM
Fenton -- thank you, that list will be very helpful, and I believe I speak for the entire harem in that regard.

@coolsim22 -- Thank you for the lovely purple potatoes! They don't often show up where I am and, when they do, they're often just golf-ball-sized. But just a few times in my life, I came across big ones, big enough to bake like a Russet, which I did & they sure were good!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 4:09 PM
@r_deNoube

can you make exactly the same stuff with purple potatoes that you can make with regular potatoes e.g chips and Crisps
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 4:54 PM
Yes. They have a little more flavor but they cook up like similar to a Russet. They'd probably substitute for any potato except those very firm, waxy red ones that go into potato salad.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Yes. They have a little more flavor but they cook up like similar to a Russet. They'd probably substitute for any potato except those very firm, waxy red ones that go into potato salad.

okay, Thanks
Mad Poster
#43 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
@VerDeTerre

You can get King Edward potatoes from any supermarket in the UK
you may be able to find them some where, where you live

i was looking on the Tesco website looking at potatoes to try to find the name of another potato my dad uses for mash and while i was looking i found rainbow potatoes.
are rainbow potatoes one type of potato of is it a multipack of different types of potatoes?

Rainbow Potatoes:

Yes, those are purple, Yukon gold, forgot what the red ones are, but they are fine-textured like the Yugon. I buy mixed bags like this, give them a quick wash, cut in quarters lengthwise, toss with oil, lots of pepper and course salt and bake them. They DO taste a bit different. Um
There are SOOO many types of potato we can't get here. Hubby went to central America, and found a famous market where there were hundreds! of kinds of potato. One good thing, instead of regular potato chips, I can buy chips from PURPLE potatoes, and lots of other kinds of root vegetable.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 5:27 PM
have you ever had purple carrots?
do they taste different to orange carrots. I've never seen purple carrots in the UK
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#45 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 6:04 PM
Carrot cake
Spanish croquettes (croquetas )
Lasagna
Gyoza
Ramen
Relish
Nutella
Pistachio ice cream
Honey biscuits
Pain d'épices
Quesadillas
Pepparkakor
Shortbread
Macarons
Sushi
Quiche lorraine
Spanish omelette
Raspberry cupcakes
Ladyfingers
Cheese
Churros with hot chocolate
Watermelon lollipop
Swedish meatballs with lingonberry jam
Indian samosas
Chinese chicken with lemon

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:53 PM
favorite food list - 2

13. Cheese and tomato pizza
14. Apple
15. orange
16. chocolate Pretzels
17. oranges
18. pink panther wafers
19. meat and potato pie
20. Skips (crisps)
Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 8:56 PM
Chocolate nut and banana crepes
Houmous and Doritos
Mango/Watermelon
Smoked salmon and cream cheese crackers, oh my god.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 11:44 PM
I love:
Pizza
Ice Creams
Hula Hoops (Salt & Vinegar)
Plaintain Crisps Salted
BBQ Chicken Wings
Spicy Prawns with Sweet & Sour Sauce
Indian & Nepalese Food (I love everything)
Waagashi - Ghanaian farmer's cheese - I love making stew with them!
Jollof Rice
Tilapia Fish (fried) with Pepper And Kenkey
Bubble & Squeak With Chicken
Pumpkin Soup
Polish Potatoes Pancakes with my Dad's Goulash Sauce
my Dad's Polish Vegetable Salad
Ghanaian Corned Beef Stew with Eggs
Tomatoes, Cucumber & Natural Jogurt Salad
Beef Casserole
Coca Cola
Raspberry or Strawberry Trifle
my Borther's Cheescake
Potatoes, Carrots & Chicken Hot Dog Soup
Pot Noodles & Instant Noodles Soups - all tastes
Pink Lady Apples
Spinach
Ghanian Peanut Soup
Polish Dumplings with Meat or White Cheese & Onions

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Page 2 of 2