Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 1:30 AM
Default The Titanic Toy Machine
Hi simmers,
Wondering if you need Island Paradise installed so that the Titanic toy machine shows up in game?
Thanks.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 1:32 AM
No, you don't need any EP for it to show up in game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
No, you don't need any EP for it to show up in game.

It's just that my game won't start after I installed it.
I've all expansions except Island Paradise and Into the future. : /
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What is the Titanic Toy Machine?

It's a big ass machine that churns out toys. It came as the premium content with one of the worlds. I believe it was Midnight Hollow as part of the premium "business" package, which included the sale pedestals and rugs for selling your toys once you made them. As it was a Store item associated with a world, it was base game compatible, and not dependent on any EP content to work, although I'm sure it required the most recent patch level of the time to function normally.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
although I'm sure it required the most recent patch level of the time to function normally.

Which patch level is it? It's strange that my game won't start after installing.
I'd really like to see Clown-in-a-Box and the kite, I'm glad they made a return.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:35 AM
Patch 1.67

Thanks.
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:35 AM
Ahh.. Is there any way to buy certain premium contents separately from the worlds? I'm not interested in this particular thing, but I think one of the world came with this baker's oven. I just don't want the whole world.

The baking oven comes with a venue not a world. It's called indulgent bakery or something like that
I think you can't buy the oven separately, so you have to pay for that (imho) useless venue

My simblr AsdSims
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sof_m9
It's just that my game won't start after I installed it.
I've all expansions except Island Paradise and Into the future. : /

Did you get it as part of Midnight Hollow or did you buy it separately?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Did you get it as part of Midnight Hollow or did you buy it separately?

Separately. Should I get Midnight Hollow?
Thx
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sof_m9
Separately. Should I get Midnight Hollow?
Thx

You shouldn't need it for it to work - it should work in any world and not mess up your game. Are you being offered the chance to patch your store content when you use the launcher?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Are you being offered the chance to patch your store content when you use the launcher?

Ooh.. No, I'm not. :o
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:04 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:44 AM.
The baking oven comes with Monte Vista, the world. The associated venue, the Al Fresco Street Market, comes with the grocery cart and the lemonade stand. While the market stands can be bought separately, the oven is still tied to the world.
The other baking oven comes with the Bakery Venue, but that's not available separately either.
One Minute Ninja'd
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
The baking oven comes with Monte Vista, the world. The associated venue, the Al Fresco Street Market, comes with the grocery cart and the lemonade stand. While the market stands can be bought separately, the oven is still tied to the world.
The other baking oven comes with the Bakery Venue, but that's not available separately either.

Actually, the oven with Monte Vista is supposed to be a wood/coal burning pizza oven, not the best choice for a baker. Although you can make country breads with it. Go figure. The other baking oven that came with the bakery venue allows you to make all those fruit pies, and I believe the fancy birthday and wedding cakes.

Then there is the restaurant oven, set up for you to make believe you think you're actually running a restaurant. Oh, and the Japanese grill, for stage setting a fake Japanese restaurant (they actually sold that grill with a bunch of Japanese inspired counters, and staged it to look like a working Japanese restaurant, which I personally felt was false and misleading advertising).

So basically, if you wanted to prepare all the food items available, you need one big as kitchen to hold all the specialty ovens needed to cook all that crap.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:35 AM
(...) set up for you to make believe you think you're actually running a restaurant. (...)
I read that as ruining a restaurant...
One Minute Ninja'd
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
I read that as ruining a restaurant...

Nah, they did that for you. No need to make believe you're ruining it at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 2:19 PM
So basically, if you wanted to prepare all the food items available, you need one big as kitchen to hold all the specialty ovens needed to cook all that crap.

Which makes me think, wouldn't a mod that allows a regular stove to make all the Japanese and Pizza things be awesome?
One Minute Ninja'd
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Which makes me think, wouldn't a mod that allows a regular stove to make all the Japanese and Pizza things be awesome?

Now that you mention it, yes, it would be a terrific addition to the game. Although as you're unlocking features tied to premium content items, it would likely still require the player to already own those ovens, so the coding would be available for the mod to function. Otherwise, it would be a bit of piracy in bringing all those premium content generated goodies into the game in the absence of the purchased objects. But, as someone stupid enough to have bought them all already, I would welcome the consolidation of all that cooking and baking back into one freaking stove.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 3:26 PM
can anyone tell me where i can find this to download please
Scholar
#24 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minimonk97

http://igs.thesims3.com/productDeta...titan&startAt=0
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minimonk97

There are several premium content items mentioned in the thread so not sure which one you are looking for but they all can be purchased from the EA store. If you type the item in the Store's Search menu it will bring up the content. There are instances where an item is available for download by purchasing what ever world or venue the content came with and some can be purchased separately.