Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Game immediately crashes due to unrecognized graphics card. I'm having trouble understanding the guide to fix it.
I recently got a new laptop on which I installed TS3. Upon opening the game, however, it crashes to desktop before even getting to the EA logo. Each step in the Game Problem FAQ, aside from the guide to make the game recognize a graphics card not in the database , gives the same result. According to the TS3CLA, the problem is that my graphics card is not found in the database.
I've tried to follow the instructions to the above guide several times to no avail. Each time it didn't work: the cursor would indicate that it was loading but the game would never open. Reverting my changes to the GraphicsCards and GraphicsRules files made the game open and immediately crash again, so I'm confident that my problem is in my understanding of the instructions.
My system specs are attached in the .txt file below. Note that I've set TS3 to use the NVIDIA card instead of the Intel.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DxDiag.txt (10.5 KB, 10 downloads)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 3:55 AM
Igazor at Nraas was able to tell me what card on the graphics card list was most like the card I have, and that's what I used to fake it with.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 4:24 AM
I looked up his instructions here and followed them. The TS3CLA now says that the cause of the crashes is unknown. Looking at the text export for details says that the crash type is an access violation writing address 0x047d0000.
Any other ideas?
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 5:59 AM
You have Win 10 and dual switchable gpus laptop, follow this link http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...189&postcount=7 and go to http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...822#post4948822 to make your dual switchable gpus work under Win 10.., and then after it's done, then edit your GraphicCard.sgr to get your Nvidia GT940MX recognized by TS3..

As for the crash, I think it's more likely because of other thing, maybe patch 1.69 if that is your version of game and/or some bad or incompatible mods, try to move out your Mods folder or the whole TS3 Documents folder somewhere else temporarily while you're fixing the trouble, then you can put them back in after your done (except for DeviceConfig and Option.ini if you moved the who TS3 documents)