Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Reinstalling world due to bug with CAS but can't figure out how to do so
My 'InstalledWorlds' file is causing me issues and the only file in it is IndulgenceIsland.world which much be causing my problem. That's the world I play on and I don't know how to reinstall or fix the world without loosing all my stuff. I don't actually play on it, I do poses and mods, so I don't have any story lines or whatever.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:38 PM
What is all your stuff?
Things included in the world should be in different locations in the sims 3 folder meaning you can remove the world without losing sims, items and lots (unless they are things that came with the world then there's a different process for that).
Lots can be saved and will be in the library folder
Items and clothing etc should be in the mods folder
items and sims should also be left in the world caches folder (unless they are corrupted) and you can even keep the save file (unless it is corrupted) but backup the save manually whichever case

If the world is installed via the launcher you can uninstall it there and reinstall since it will still be in the downloads tab. Clean out your caches if necessary.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
What is all your stuff?
Things included in the world should be in different locations in the sims 3 folder meaning you can remove the world without losing sims, items and lots (unless they are things that came with the world then there's a different process for that).
Lots can be saved and will be in the library folder
Items and clothing etc should be in the mods folder
items and sims should also be left in the world caches folder (unless they are corrupted) and you can even keep the save file (unless it is corrupted) but backup the save manually whichever case

If the world is installed via the launcher you can uninstall it there and reinstall since it will still be in the downloads tab. Clean out your caches if necessary.

Thanks I figured it out!! :P