Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Confused about Install path for Sims 3 card.
I need to make the game recognize my GTX 950. The instructions don't look that different from Sims 2, except I'm not sure if you use the sgr game files for Sims 3 or your latest expansion.

My Sims 3 is part of a bundle with Late Night. I also have Season and University. I doubt if the SPs are important here, so I'll skip them for now.

In Sims 2, I would have had to change the sgr files in the last EP. That would be Uni in Sims 3. The wiki instructions for Sims 3, though, appear to indicate that I actually have to change the Sims 3 files for the base game. The base game is not with my other files I have Late Night, Seasons and Uni files, but perhaps since I had to install Sims 3 through Origin, the base game is in the Origin Games file.

I just want to be sure which file I'm supposed to change. Am I going into Sims 3 in the Origin Game files, changing that, then I'm good to go?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 10:16 PM
Base game, regardless of whether it's in Programs directly or under Origin Games. The only ones who should be editing sgr files on the expansions are players of the Mac version, and even then the special extended procedure for them is pretty much experimental.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 10:31 PM
Thank you ... I shall sally forth now.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.