Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#101 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 12:28 AM
Oh, that's so much fun! So they've seen their house improve since the base game? How did they respond to the latest change?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#102 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 12:58 AM
yeah they have! used to be a crappy bungalow, and i like, added he houses on the side as new generations grew up to live in. then i did the 'renovation' cuz it was all old looking, and i figured id knock it into one big house oh and put the huge glass wall in :P

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Scholar
#103 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 1:07 AM
hah, craggles. you made me laugh,

Rose: http://thesimsupply.com/showthread.php?tid=295

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#104 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 1:16 AM
i try :D

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#105 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 1:25 AM
lol tyu thats not how i did it!!! but its a cool way though :P

Scholar
#106 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 3:04 AM
Well i want to see yours! Maybe mix them together. Hah.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#107 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:14 PM
Default Waterfalls ;)
after seeing that video it helped me make my waterfalls better, so ive incorporated aspects from it :D

So here we go:

1, Right, start off with a flat lot, like so -

2, Make a relatively big hill where you want the waterfall to be -

3, use the fence at the edge of the hill ( where you want the water to fall, and put water at the top of the hill, and the bottom, but make sure you dont go to the edge of either the hill or the fence, as the water at the top just disappears -

4, Find the fog emitter in the buydebug category, and place it at somewhere near the back of the hill, facing the edge where the waterfall should be. Then ctrl+shft click it, click the top option, and type in 'waterfall_2_short'. For some reason, the waterfall starts a way in front of where you actually place the emitter. In the picture, I've gone into live mode and back again so the water actually starts to fall, if not you cant see if its in the right place or not!! -

5, Put a few rocks and crap around it to give it a rough outline -

6, Now that's the actual waterfall done, but it needs some effects at the bottom, so get another fog emitter and place it at the bottom of the waterfall, but make sure it's above the water lever or you won't see the effect!! Once it's placed, ctrl+shift click on it, then choose the first option again, and change it to 'waterfall_2_shortsplash'. This'll give it the mistiness and splashes at the bottom.

If you look closely you can see I put two emitters at the bottom on either side. I did this 'cause I couldn't get it to sit right in the centre of the waterfall, so I had to make sure they faced the water and not just forwards

And there you have it, the video I've attached shows what it looks like in live mode its an AVI file... I hope that's ok!!
Cheers :D
Craig
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Video-3.rar (928.6 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

Scholar
#108 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:54 PM
thank you. (: i am going to go try it now! (: whoo! hah. thank you. (:

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#109 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:11 PM
Craig that's very helpful! Thanks so much! And it looks so beautiful too!
I'll watch the video in a bit.
Scholar
#110 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:25 PM
WHOOOHOOOOO!!!! waterfall anyone! (: thank you!

Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#111 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 6:21 PM
just thought id show the world the waterfall i built for my next home upload! (: i can't believe how easy it is, now that i know what im doing! hah.

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#112 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 6:22 PM
Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#113 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 6:44 PM
Conner, that looks awesome!
Scholar
#114 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 7:47 PM
well, i thought i would give you all a sneak peak of the back of the house, in the front the water goes all the way around, and im going to build a bridge if i can figure it out! hah.

Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#115 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:04 PM
WOW wish I'd never shown you this now! showing me up :P

Forum Resident
#116 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:33 PM
Lol! What amazes me too is that you can build sooo fast!!!
Scholar
#117 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:37 PM
craig: Oh please. (:

Rose: thanks. (: aha, i guess its easy to build because i know where everything, and i know what i want, hah, the front of the house looks the best, but the back yard is coolest, the back of the home is only okay, but oh well.(:

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#118 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 9:40 PM
only OKAY?! I hate you Connor... lol

Scholar
#119 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:59 PM
hahah, hey your doctor called, he said you forgot your 'special pills' at the doctor, ahahh. (: im so funny, (:

but anyways, no i am not trying to show you up, simply building a home,

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#120 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 9:26 PM
I've got some in-game shots of our world that I thought were interesting. So, I'm going to post them here.

The first are of one night when Dario was still alone, and all the lights in the world turned green. It looked spooky and I was afraid it would stay this way. But the next moring everything was back to normal and it hasn't happened since.

The second 2 are taken after I moved the Ventura's into Tyu's house. When I swiched back to Dario, he was walking all the way back home from the port. I found it interesting why he didn't take a taxi, because that shouldn't be a problem. So I decided to let him walk and view our world. But instead of taking the main road home, Dario all of the sudden decides to take a shortcut, right over the mountains. Apperantly he's an awesome rock climber.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#121 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 9:31 PM
Oh btw, Conner, the new house you uploaded looks really cool!
Scholar
#122 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 11:11 PM
HAHA, thats what gives our world a special quirk! haha,(: oh, thanks! i showed you guys early though! hah.

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#123 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 5:16 PM
So...whats new in everyones life?

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#124 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 5:59 PM
Well today I went to a birthday party and I just came back from the grocery store, with tons of stuff. My back is killing me now. I decided I'm going to make a salade for dinner, yum.
Interesting, heh?
So what are you up to?
Scholar
#125 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 6:51 PM
exciting! (: i actually went nuts, and made a website! hah. (: its a pretty sad excuse of a webpage, and still needs lots of work, but hey, its a start! Wanna join? lol, (:

http://thesimcenter.webs.com/

It literally has 1 download haha, the water fall home, but i would really appreciate if you joined! Because i am not even really sure what happens when you join, lol

Call me Tyu. (:

Page 5 of 11