Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:44 PM
Default Clean Installer error?
I have a lot that I packaged. When I open the lot to delete extra files (recolors, etc) with Clean Installer I am getting this error:

System.Xml.XmlException:The data at the root level is invalid.Line1, position1.

atSystem.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot()
atSystem.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
atDatGen.Types.TS2EXMP.decode()
atDatGen.Types.TS2EXMP.Load(BYTE[]byteArray)
atSims2pack.Installer.S2CPackage.READPackage(BYTE[]Contents
atSims2pack.Installer.S2CPackage.Complete(BYTE[]Contents)
atSims2pack.Installer.Sims2Pack.RecognizedFiles()

What a mess. I have used Clean Installer for a long, long time to clean my lots and now all of a sudden I can't get it to work. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Things I have already tried:

Uninstalled Sims 2 Cleaner/reinstalled the latest version.
Uninstalled Sims2/Uni/NL/OFB - reinstalled all and put my original downloads folder back in the game.

Operating System is: WindowsXP

I hope this is enough info to get some help.

Thank you so much ...

galilea

More from Galilea at TSR, most all of my lots and items are free! Useage Policy: You are free to use my items anywhere (free or paysite).
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:48 PM
I'm guessing it's only happening on some Sims2packs and not all - are they ones with strange filenames in the package names?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:51 PM
Hi Delphy!
Right ... only happens with 3 lots that I have just built using custom content. But I cannot locate which files are bad ... since quite a few cc files do not show up on the menu when I view the package in the Sims Cleaner. Does this help?

More from Galilea at TSR, most all of my lots and items are free! Useage Policy: You are free to use my items anywhere (free or paysite).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 9:17 PM
Delphy ... I think I fixed the problem. I used Clean Install to find 2 bad files that the program couldn't read. I deleted those files, repackaged the lot and everything looks good. No error message.

Those 2 files that were bad ... well I took a look at them in SimPE and the same error message popped up that I was getting with Clean Installer. From what I can tell those files are 'hacks' (maybe) and something, I think, I have run across before ... has to do with 'mailbox'.

Anyway, thank you for responding ... it made me think!

galilea