1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4151 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 11:04 PM
Thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Alchemist
#4152 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
The reason I want 24/7 ghosts and more than 3 (preferably 8) is because I'd LOVE to have a community lot which is a haunted house with tons of random ghosts which will scare you.

A haunted community lot sounds fun in theory, but trust me, three ghosts can wreak plenty of havoc. I've been playing Strangetown lately and had Olive add a few graves to her already large cemetery and it's madness. Ghosts are out every single night and if I didn't have cyjon's mod that limits the puddles from drowning ghosts, the lot would be unplayable for me. It's never a question of if someone will get scared but when. And ghosts particularly love to gang up on sims when their needs middling to low. Daybreak in that house is always a relief cuz that means everyone made it another night alive. So, as long as you give your sims plenty of time to spend on the lot, they should still get plenty of scares from three ghosts. Whether or not they die because of it is another story...

And I was surprised some people want vacation days for OFB employees. The game doesn't actually fire them, does it? Since the business is player owned? I always thought the worst that could happen was a bunch of stern warnings.

Me, I'd like a pickpocketing hack. Sims would have the option to pickpocket sims and, if they do, receive a random amount of small cash. I think it could work somewhat like tipping so that the money comes from nowhere so you don't have to worry about sims' cash. And there doesn't need for there to be any memories involved either. I've been reading about for sims by sims hoods and thinking about ways to integrate that style into the way I play (which involves long lists and plans for things I'll probably never do) and there just isn't much for the criminals in the hood to do, short of getting a mod to allow buy/build mode on community lots and going around and pilfering things. It's really hard to believe my sims are running a criminal empire if they just disappear in a carpool everyday, ya know?
Lab Assistant
#4153 Old 6th Aug 2016 at 6:55 AM
I'd like to see a UI mod in which female sims can use the poses of the male sims in the portrait panel and vice versa.

Girls can use some more serious faces while guys can use some silly faces every now and then.
Lab Assistant
#4154 Old 6th Aug 2016 at 9:56 AM
The feature was still partially available though, because in the chance cards screen, female sims still use the male sims' poses.
I do not play Maxis hoods though, so apparently I haven't seen the memo.
Mad Poster
#4155 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 6:45 AM
I wish there was just a "clone level" tool in build mode... when I have a whole mess of walls that I want to extend up several levels, it is kind of a PITA to have to place them all individually each time.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#4156 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 7:36 PM
You're so right, it would have been so easier like that !

For my part, I wish there was a way to enable the inventory in Community lots for AL, and that the community time project (possibility to return home from community at the time that you left the community lot) was available without needing cheats on...

Oh and a way to enter a swiming pool without using the diving or the ladder or anything else, just dive from the edge of the pool...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Field Researcher
#4157 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 7:41 PM
There's a mod to enable inventory on community lots - it's one of the build/buy enablers, I just don't remember which one.
Mad Poster
#4158 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 7:50 PM
I use buyenablerBV. Unfortunately, I don't know where to get it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4159 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I use buyenablerBV. Unfortunately, I don't know where to get it.

It's by cathair2005, here on MTS. This is the thread, but the BV version is in the comments, comment number 48.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#4160 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
It's by cathair2005, here on MTS. This is the thread, but the BV version is in the comments, comment number 48.

Thanks ! I hadn't go through the comments. I'll test it ASAP.

Alchemist
#4161 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 2:22 AM Last edited by mdsb759 : 15th Aug 2016 at 9:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I wish there was just a "clone level" tool in build mode... when I have a whole mess of walls that I want to extend up several levels, it is kind of a PITA to have to place them all individually each time.
not sure if any modder/hacker could create anything like this for this game; or add new build mode tools.
closest thing in any of the versions I take to be in Sims4; individual rooms.
Test Subject
#4162 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 5:03 AM
What I've been trying to find is some way to categorise or sort the clothes in the buy catalog (yes, I'm an awful hoarder - but I've got hundreds). The closest I can see is Wardrobe Wrangler which lets you edit the main categories (e.g. causual, formal etc). But there's no way I've seen to add sub-categories (like, formal, trendy, medieval peasant, medieaval noble). You can create collections, but unlike with buy objects where you can sort view the collections in buy mode, I only seem able to find the collections in CAS, not while clothes shopping. I'd settle for figuring out how to reorder the catalogue if that's possible, so at least the right clothes are grouped together. It maybe that it's last added items appearing first in the catalogue? Anyone know?
Alchemist
#4163 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 10:42 PM
much of what Wardrobe Wrangler can do, SimPE can also do (and more). in fact, Wardrobe Wrangler has an option to open the custom sim part in SimPE if SimPE is also installed.
not sure how the game sorts sim parts; but generally custom ones appear before shipped ones.
some shipped version outfits are available in SimPE's Object Workshop.
Instructor
#4164 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ILavea
I'd settle for figuring out how to reorder the catalogue if that's possible, so at least the right clothes are grouped together. It maybe that it's last added items appearing first in the catalogue? Anyone know?

I've done thet a few months away, and I have forgotten all about it now. Should have done a tuto then...
Even if it's not a "help me" thread, I can at least confirm that : the custom outfits definitely appear before maxis things, and from the more recent to the older.

Top Secret Researcher
#4165 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 4:24 AM
I'd love a way for small objects to share a space--like a trash can and a pet food bowl, or either with a counter--without having to cheat it and potentially compromise their function.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Field Researcher
#4166 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 8:31 AM
What I've been trying to find is some way to categorise or sort the clothes in the buy catalog (yes, I'm an awful hoarder - but I've got hundreds). The closest I can see is Wardrobe Wrangler which lets you edit the main categories (e.g. causual, formal etc). But there's no way I've seen to add sub-categories (like, formal, trendy, medieval peasant, medieaval noble). You can create collections, but unlike with buy objects where you can sort view the collections in buy mode, I only seem able to find the collections in CAS, not while clothes shopping. I'd settle for figuring out how to reorder the catalogue if that's possible, so at least the right clothes are grouped together. It maybe that it's last added items appearing first in the catalogue? Anyone know?

Information on the sort order of objects in various collections are stored in the object's Binary Index (BINX) file in the sortindex value - higher value goes before lower. I have sorted my custom Skintones by changing the sortindex value of each package's BINX file. I assume that's true for clothes too. New objects in SavedSims have very high sortindices and they shows up first in BodyShop and CAS as we know. (Don't forget to Commit and save!)
Test Subject
#4167 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 1:20 PM
Hey :D

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying it out now, but I have a couple of little queries if anyone can help. There seem to be some clothes that have a BINX section and some that do not.

For those that do - this is hex numbers correct? Can I choose any number to go in there under sort index? And 0-9 are 0-9, but 10-15 are A, B, C, D, E, F, and then 16 is 11?
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/...zpshncezbig.png

Then for those clothes that dont seem to have a binary index section can I add one?
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/...zpsxiiuvgn1.png

Thanks for any help!
Test Subject
#4168 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 5:22 PM
all the clothing from the ps2/wii game Sims 2 Castaway
Field Researcher
#4169 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 6:29 PM Last edited by clsve : 17th Aug 2016 at 6:39 PM.
Hey :D

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying it out now, but I have a couple of little queries if anyone can help. There seem to be some clothes that have a BINX section and some that do not.

For those that do - this is hex numbers correct? Can I choose any number to go in there under sort index? And 0-9 are 0-9, but 10-15 are A, B, C, D, E, F, and then 16 is 11?
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/...zpshncezbig.png

Then for those clothes that dont seem to have a binary index section can I add one?
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/...zpsxiiuvgn1.png

Thanks for any help!

About clothes-packages see : http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lothing_package.

About HEX-numbers 16 decimal is 10 hexadecimal. (Usually hex-numbers are written with 0x in front of them).
Youi can use SimPE's converter to convert from decimal to hexadecimal values. First row is hexadecimal( with many zeros), second decimal, third binary corresponding values. Write your decimal value in the second row and you get hex in the first row.

Sortindex for Everyday clothing don't intefere with those of Formals,swims, pjs:s etc. And you can use arbitary hexnumbers up to 0xFFFFFFFF for your sortindex
Mad Poster
#4170 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 9:37 PM
I'd like to see automatically pausing the game upon loading. Found some hacks for later iterations of the Sims, but not TS2. Oh well.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#4171 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gay343434
all the clothing from the ps2/wii game Sims 2 Castaway

are they different from the PC castaway ? Because those can be found on the web (MATY or the graveyard, if I remember right).

Instructor
#4172 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 3:17 AM
Sims with a restaurant business have an option to deliver to houses. Could function like room service in hotels.
Also, ability to decide the menu of a restaurant, hotel, etc. none of your sims own.
Scholar
#4173 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
are they different from the PC castaway ? Because those can be found on the web (MATY or the graveyard, if I remember right).

They are different. The PSP, PS2 and Wii versions are quite different in at least game design and structure so the clothes could be rather different.
Scholar
#4174 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 3:51 AM
If you wanted clothes similar to that theme, Castaway Stories clothing might work.
Mad Poster
#4175 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 4:06 AM
Tarlia collected it all up and fixed some of it - not just the clothes, but items and build sets.

http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/118101.html

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 167 of 582