Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PACO50
Does It work with Blender 64-bits version?

.... I tried to do it and got this error:

Code:
  File "/Users/jm/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.63/scripts/addons/io_TS3_geom.py", line 163, in read
    l = struct.unpack(l, f.read(size))[0]                            
struct.error: unpack requires a bytes object of length 8

Tried a lot around with Ubuntu and Blender. In fact, it does not work with the 64bit version. Got the error above with all versions of Blender since 2.63 on a 64bit OS. Then i tried the 32bit Ubuntu. It works.
So you have to use a 32bit OS. I installed Ubuntu 32bit and Blender 2.63a on a bootable USB stick for playing with geom files, which work very well.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 5th May 2013 at 11:30 PM
Default hazarding a guess
Quote: Originally posted by rvnclw
Hello.
I installed reading your instruction. Everything was OK, I imported the simgeom...
But yes, something must to be wrong...

Mesh look like this and I can't remember this shape in CTU...
Please help, what did I do wrong?

It looks to me like maybe you're working with an object with more than one mesh per lod? I remember importing something like that and the index finger was missing. I went back, found another lod1 file with the same CAS part name, and imported that, and--voila--the index finger appeared.
Test Subject
#153 Old 11th May 2013 at 7:23 PM
I am having a problem when importing a hairstyle with this. Any help? D:

http://i44.tinypic.com/35l5g1s.png
Test Subject
#154 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:54 AM Last edited by PlainOldGuy24 : 26th May 2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: failed to insert picture
Default Armature error
If you can help.
I can't import the meshes using Windows 8 with Blender 2.65a (from the zip version)
I'm using the Blender 3D 2.6 GEOM Tools available right here and they are selected as active.
Near the bottom the error says AttributeError:'Armature' Object has no attribute 'use_deform_envelopes'

Sorry have not figured how to insert the im[IMG]age of the error message here yet either.
Test Subject
#155 Old 26th May 2013 at 4:59 PM
Update: I've been downloading earlier versions like the 2.60 to 2.61 exe, and they won't let me activate the geom import tool.
Test Subject
#156 Old 27th May 2013 at 2:13 AM
HOT CHOCOLATE!
The clue was in an older thread. Downloaded 32 bit Blender 2.63 executable release version, (re-installed tools as described here) and imported a geom. Now it's time for the Blender education and Sim tutorials.
Test Subject
#157 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlainOldGuy24
HOT CHOCOLATE!
The clue was in an older thread. Downloaded 32 bit Blender 2.63 executable release version, (re-installed tools as described here) and imported a geom. Now it's time for the Blender education and Sim tutorials.

Hi! i really wanted to thank you as what you posted really helped me out Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#158 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 11:52 PM
Is this still being looked at because....
I Hope this is still being looked into. It still's need's more updating

I've download all the 2.6 Bender files there are. I've added the Geom File you have given me, to all of the blenders I downloaded but I still get that Error code When Trying to import my SimGeom File.
I've also got the Rig file installed. So why is there still errors happening ?
Test Subject
#159 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 5:32 AM
Any ideas a bout making sims 2 poses with blender?
Alchemist
#160 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marisa220690
Any ideas a bout making sims 2 poses with blender?
My guess is you could take advantage of the fact that both Blender and MS are able to import/export .smd. This should allow you to create your pose in Blender and open it in MS for exporting in the appropriate format for Sims 2. This is only a guess though and you're best off posting questions about Sims 2 posing in the Sims 2 forums. This thread here is about a tool for making Sims 3 hair and clothing and has nothing to do with Sims 2 or poses.
Test Subject
#161 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 8:43 PM
It gives me an error when i try to import .simgeom files, sometimes Blender crashes!

-Blender 2.68a
-Win 8
#162 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 10:37 PM Last edited by (A) : 11th Aug 2013 at 10:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by asdasd
It gives me an error when i try to import .simgeom files, sometimes Blender crashes!

-Blender 2.68a
-Win 8

You may want to try the blender version the original post says to get. In most cases, latest version of everything is best, but not with blender 2.68 messed up a lot of plugins.

Edit:
Not sure if main post mentions a specific version of blender, but 2.65-2.67 would probably be your best bet.
Test Subject
#163 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 11:28 PM
For some reason when I go to export it freezes and then crashes blender. does anyone know what the problem is?
Test Subject
#164 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 10:28 AM
I download and used blender 2.67 to open rig file 1.60 today. But it's like this, I don't know why! My home computer doesn't have this error. Can anyone help?
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marisa220690
I download and used blender 2.67 to open rig file 1.60 today. But it's like this, I don't know why! My home computer doesn't have this error. Can anyone help?

Looks like a pose rig to me. Also looks as if you've hit the Z button on the keyboard as soon as it loaded which set the model to a non-textured solid. Easy solution there is to hit the little button that looks like a life preserver and it will refresh the model's textures. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to get you started on the meshing part within Blender as I'm looking for the same info. All I can do is explain posing rigs...lol.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 1:13 AM
Ok I gt blender because I want to find out the polycount of the hairs I have and I dont know how to do it, all I know is that I got that add-on installed but I cant find the Geom Editor thing so I can install the rig
To import with rig:
You will need the Rig Editor(attatched below, I will give it its on thread soon)
In the Import Geom options(in the left panel towards the bottom) select the rig to be used with the GEOM(if you don't have the Rig Editor, no rig will be loaded, but GEOM will still load).
^ this i where i'm having trouble and is there a way for me to find out the poly of hairs?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#167 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 1:33 AM
You don't need a rig to check poly counts, so I suggest you skip that part of the instructions.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You don't need a rig to check poly counts, so I suggest you skip that part of the instructions.

Thanks, how would I go about cheking a hair I downloaded? .package hair that is
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#169 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:01 AM
Follow this part of the instructions:
"go to File->Import->Sims 3 GEOM. Navigate to the your folder and select the .simgeom file. You can also import more than one file at once."
Then look where the red circle is:

You can also save yourself some time by installing the S3PE model viewer (first file on the downloads tab here). With that installed, you can just right-click the GEOM in S3PE and hit "GEOM preview", and the poly count is in the window that pops up. That saves you from having to export the GEOM.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Follow this part of the instructions:
"go to File->Import->Sims 3 GEOM. Navigate to the your folder and select the .simgeom file. You can also import more than one file at once."
Then look where the red circle is:

You can also save yourself some time by installing the S3PE model viewer (first file on the downloads tab here). With that installed, you can just right-click the GEOM in S3PE and hit "GEOM preview", and the poly count is in the window that pops up. That saves you from having to export the GEOM.

Wow thanks so much and happy holidays~
Test Subject
#171 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 3:06 AM Last edited by Zessinna : 25th Dec 2013 at 3:52 AM.
Default New and Blender is giving me an error when I try to import.
Hello, I am very new and trying very hard to get this figured out. I have installed and deleted/uninstalled versions 2.60, 2.63, 2.65-2.67, 2.69 (32 bit versions, I have a 64 bit laptop) and none of them worked. I either get this error message or I simply could not "check" the box.

I do not know if I should just give up, or if I am just outright doing something wrong. I was following this tutorial , and until I got to importing meshes. Since the tutorial was using Milkshape.
I came here to install the plugins needed, and followed the insturctions but it is still not working.

I only have been able to extract stuff (mention in the tutorial) from the uni tool so I could import into Blender, but nothing is getting imported, and get the above message error.
Can someone please point me in the right direction if I am doing something wrong?

Update: I have attempted to see if enabling the rigeditor would work, and I get this error.
Test Subject
#172 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 4:51 PM
I'm getting the same error as Zessina. I never had an issue with enabling the plugin, and I don't get the "Armature" error she gets, but after I commented out lines 43-45 in io_TS3_geom.py, I was able to successfully import a geom without rigs. Having rigs would be nice, though, so it'd be great if I could figure out how to get them in.
Test Subject
#173 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 3:38 PM Last edited by Getorex : 31st Jan 2014 at 4:20 PM.
No worky Blender 2.68. Try to import ANY simgeom file and it complains about not finding the rig importer. You also didn't explain where the rig importer is to go so I've stuck it just about everywhere in the Blender directory and still get this import error every time.

Fortunately, I don't need the rig as I'm importing the hair meshes into other games/apps and commenting out 43-45 works well. It's also not that hard to parent mesh to a new rig...
Test Subject
#174 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 2:53 AM
Cmo, if you are still checking this. I need help with the ts3 tools program. particularly the frankenmesh morphs. I put the edited blouse in first followed by the bgeom of the original blouse in order then the edited nudetop followed by the bgeom of the original nudetop in order fat, fit, thin. I fill in the 5000 count then hit the button. set the lod for 1 and continue. it has me save 4 files. just naming them testnormal, fat, fit and thin. then I try to check them in blender. it combines the modified tops with out a problem and im able to view it in blender as a single mesh. the problem is the fat, fit and thin. I get errors when trying to view them and the show up as clump of verts and faces like a crumpled up piece of paper. I don't get it. please help if you are still there.
Test Subject
#175 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 8:40 AM
Hi! cmomoney i'm a noob to modding\3d software so decided to give it a try & downloaded Blender 2.70 which has been released.
So i've a stupid quicky for you where do I put the rigging addon for blender (prob been ans in another post but cant find it) I initially put it in the following

C:\program files\blender foundation\blender\2.70\scripts\addons

But when I go into Blender to enable it I get this message at the top of the screen

Multiple addons using the same name found
likely a problem with the script search path
(see console for details)

But theres nothing on the console Any ideas?
Page 7 of 9