Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
Hmmmm...Those all sound like good questions to me.

Why was the fire alarm floating in mid air?! (Mine hangs on a wall in the kitchen.)

Why were there beds lined up on the front lawn?!

And why were his poor Sims sleeping outside?!

Before we got weather in the game, I would have beds outside for my bigger households that were too poor to add on to their house lol. I also would have couches out there too...I don't like to use money cheats so my sims sometimes live an interesting way.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 12:07 PM
Early stages playing with my niece at the moment but she thought it was funny how sims spun to change their outfits and also the way diapers are changed in Sims 3 (you just throw the mite in the air and ..."voila!".) She's obviously going to be wanting the luxury life in future judging by her tastes in furnishings. First off she wanted her sim to be living in a mansion right from the word go, so I had to motherlode them a few times and move them out of their one-bedroom starter home. Then she went for the most expensive item for every piece of furniture, plus a 100,000 car. She invited one potential boyfriend over for her sim and then thought it was hysterical when this routing glitch happened...

Mad Poster
#28 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sango_Uchiha
My 10 year old autistic brother occasionally will come and watch me play. I have to be careful, but he thinks the game is funny. He thinks it's absolutely hysterical that there are people in the game that are "llamas" and "cows."

I tell my son--in this game, llamas are good, and cows are bad.

Whenever the cat uses a litter box, my son says "Cat's butt stinks in the box!"

I tell him that the dog's butt stinks in the grass. He gets the picture.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:10 PM
^^ I don't have Pets, but he would find those things hysterical as well and say something along those lines.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sango_Uchiha
^^ I don't have Pets, but he would find those things hysterical as well and say something along those lines.

I believe my son is on the autism spectrum himself with his issues. It's like I'm learning Tyler-speak with him (his name is Tyler).

He thinks that every old person is Grandma or Grandpa (he says Papa for Grandpa) and every adult is Mommy or Daddy. *sigh*
Field Researcher
#31 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciel Noir
I was playing The Sims 2 with my dad's girlfriend's 8-year-old daughter a while back. I helped her make a family (a husband and wife) and when we started playing of course she asked "How do you get kids?" So short of lying and saying "It's impossible in this game" I had to show her (if only we were playing the first Sims when they made babies by kissing!)

So my dad knocks on the door and asks what we're up to and she shouts, "We're making a baby!"

My dad later said to me, "That was an awful moment."

"You see, when a mother and a father love each other very much, they click on the ground and go to Spawn, then Reproductive Adjuster..." [/insim]

I love these stories. I almost want kids around while I play The Sims now! lol
Meet Me In My Next Life
#32 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 11:57 PM
I was playing my game when the "Minister" of my church stop by to have dinner as plan with my family, ( Yes I know he not a child but I have to tell this story ) I did not know he was in the house yet, so he came into the room to say hello to me, he ask what game I was playing I told him the Sims.

Well at the time he walk in on me the sims was in the middle of a "Woohoo" he ask me why is the bed riding in the air like some demon. OOP! I told him the sims are having "Woohoo" the minister than ask me "What Is Woohoo?" I told him it is what Adam & Eve did in the garden.

He still did not get it, so I told him Woohoo in the Sims world is just "Plain Old Sex" The minister face turn RED. I did not care about telling him because the minister always act so virtue, like everyone else is a sinner but him. That day I had a ball out of breaking his so called perfect bubbles with my Sims, I told my family what happen they all just LMAO.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#33 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 2:28 AM
My younger brother is also autistic, and he usually watches to see what I'm doing on my computers. My mother gives me the most laughable comments though.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 2:37 AM
Ugh hate it when non-computer people has a look at what the sims is.

"But why is there no plumbing?! You can't have a toilet like that, ew"

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
Original Poster
#35 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 2:52 AM
When my nephew arrived home and joined my niece and I at the coffee table where we were playing the Sims on my laptop, he was scoffing at it saying it was boring (I think he's only played Sims 1 quite a while back and bear in mind he plays things like Spore on Wii on a television screen the size of a mini-cinema). He wants to be an architect when he grows up so I said he'd probably find Sims interesting just for the building side. We were then chatting about what I'd done in the game, eg killed off the whole of the Ottamas family by various methods, and other fun things like that.

If anyone was listening outside when I was telling them: "well I went into hospital and was hoping just for the one baby but I came out with twins so I was really annoyed", they probably would have called Social Services.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I was playing my game when the "Minister" of my church stop by to have dinner as plan with my family, ( Yes I know he not a child but I have to tell this story ) I did not know he was in the house yet, so he came into the room to say hello to me, he ask what game I was playing I told him the Sims.

Well at the time he walk in on me the sims was in the middle of a "Woohoo" he ask me why is the bed riding in the air like some demon. OOP! I told him the sims are having "Woohoo" the minister than ask me "What Is Woohoo?" I told him it is what Adam & Eve did in the garden.

He still did not get it, so I told him Woohoo in the Sims world is just "Plain Old Sex" The minister face turn RED. I did not care about telling him because the minister always act so virtue, like everyone else is a sinner but him. That day I had a ball out of breaking his so called perfect bubbles with my Sims, I told my family what happen they all just LMAO.

You know, I'm a Christian myself, and there's nothing dirty about husband and wife having those intimate moments.

And I also see nothing wrong with husband and wife using the photo booth for things other than taking pictures.... :D
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 4:11 PM
I was playing The Sims 2 with my best friend's daughter, who was over at my house along with my best friend and his wife. Their daughter took an interest in The Sims 2, so I showed her my family which consisted of two male elders, one female adult, two toddlers, and a baby. I was showing her the different things that my Sims could do, when I scrolled over to one of my male elders who happened to be getting ready for bed. Unfortunately, he changed into his 'Underwear' which was the one of the nudity Mods. Her eyes got wide like saucers, and she began laughing like Kitty Forman from That '70s Show. I remember scrolling away as fast as I could, and then making the excuse that the nudity Mod was the default set of underwear.

Oh, brother. ~_~
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
1. Remove ACR from the game.

What does ACR mean?
Scholar
#39 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 4:52 PM
Autonomous Casual Romance. Basically sims kissing each other and WooHooing without you directing them to.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Field Researcher
#40 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 5:22 PM
i just gave sims 2 to my cousin for his 11th birthday yesterday. his father immediatly picked up the box and read aloud

"crude humor, sexual themes, and violence... this is sounds great..."

but my cousin didnt even make it that far. he thought sims peeing was the funniest thing in the world. I told him the only way to have kids was with boolprop. Fascinated by it, he went into the curious house and forced an abduction on that guy who's already rigged to get abducted anyway. Then he spent about 20 mintues trying to make a zombie.

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 5:40 PM
This isn't exactly with a "younger family member" but when I first started playing Sims around age 9, I bought Bella and Mortimer Goth the vibrating heart bed that's in the Gamecube version of The Sims. I was so disturbed and thrilled by the "Play In Bed" action that I had to show everyone who would watch me play. XD
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
He still did not get it, so I told him Woohoo in the Sims world is just "Plain Old Sex" The minister face turn RED...

Hahahaha, that's the best I have heard in a while. Bless him!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#43 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 2:02 AM
This thread has been killing me...sooo funny all of these stories. Not something I have to worry about when I play and I would have to remove a couple more items besides just the ACR and censorblur.
Inventor
Original Poster
#44 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
I would have to remove a couple more items besides just the ACR and censorblur.

*blushes*. Me too.
Come to think of it, Ron Jeremy would probably have a field day in my game.
*walks away in disgrace*
Alchemist
#45 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 1:31 PM
Ahh, what a day... nearly a month ago, my fiance's friend came to our house with his 7 year-old demon. We had to play The Sims 2, because that $%&**(I))&$#$#%^& demon insisted - "I wanna piay the yims". I was like "OK -you little %^^$$%^&*^%##$-". So we played for about two hours, when my Taylor Lautner sim went to the hot tub. And he changed into naked, not swimwear... and I kinda had seethem2 on. And some other things. And the demon yelled, my fiance and his friend came, and the guy left with his demon... since then, he never comes to our house. Well, that wasn't my fault, how could I possibly know that he doesn't put swimwear on. I didn't mind seeing him (wink wink), but it's awkward when this happens.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Scholar
#46 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 2:02 PM
Creeper, look on the bright side...you don't have to have that guy's "demon spawn" in your house anymore. That gives me some ideas.....lol

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 6:02 PM
I remember when I made the huge mistake of showing the Sims to my 8-year-old cousin (who's not that bad on his own but can be super-immature around his friends) and his friend (who's probably super-immature all the time). I didn't have ACR back then and I don't have any "woohoo accessories" . But all the same, I'm never gonna let myself get in the situation they got me into again. When we went downstairs for dinner, my cousin's friend asked his mom, "She was showing us the Sims. Can you make babies with the Sims?" I could feel my face go red, and she was like, "Um... I've never played before. Can you make babies with the Sims?" This last question was directed at me, and her tone was pretty scary. I had to think up something really quick, so I said something like, "You can, but you won't." I'm not letting that guy near my game ever again.

"So you're telling me that my fiancee kissed you?"
"Yes."
"And did you kiss her back?"
"No, that's ridiculous! I kissed her mouth."
Alchemist
#48 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
Creeper, look on the bright side...you don't have to have that guy's "demon spawn" in your house anymore. That gives me some ideas.....lol

What ideas?

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 3:01 PM
My younger brother is constantly wanting to play, but I'm pretty sure my mom doesn't want sex ed. via computer. So whenever he plalys, he can't have closests, cars, double beds, love seats (ACR), photobooths, hot tubs, and can't go in changing booths. Don't forget hammocks (I don't know how to spell that word :P). He practicly begs me to let them kiss, and I let him, but one time, our mom walked in while is sims were making out, she looked surprised, and slowly backed out of the room. Then I got grounded.

Think about it
My Journal/Legacy
Scholar
#50 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 4:46 PM
Aw, I'm sorry, junglewildchild... of all the moments for her to walk in...
If my younger brother wants to have a "couple" I try to set them as siblings. That way there is one kiss "Family kiss" and no seriously romantic interactions. And then if they want a kid, they adopt.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Page 2 of 5