Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

AnyGameStarter v. 2.1.3 (for CD/DVD games) * UPD 29 Dec 2017

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 28th Dec 2017 at 11:28 PM by Numenor

516 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 473 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 18 of 21
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#426 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 12:04 AM
Awesome program, makes it so much easier to develop items that are compatible or just to play an old school basegame with all the original items.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#427 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 10:33 AM
Question, how do I get my other neighborhoods in the anygames? It won't let me just copy them over... am I doing something wrong?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#428 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 4:14 PM
now i can create clothes without them not being compatible with pets
Lab Assistant
#429 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 6:54 PM
hi - After over 3 years, posting a reply is not necromancy any more.. it's like prehistoric archeological digging *LOL*.
Anyway, I saw how attentive you were to your user's questions, and I hope I'm not totally late here, I'd love to profit from your experience!

I'm a COMPLETE noob - had the sims2 for just 2 months, playing 6 weeks base and now 2 weeks uni (got base +all EPs up to BV +glamour verycheap2ndhand). And just after installing base, started reading about all problems due to EP installation - this put a serious brake on my enthusiasm.. so I haven't installed further than uni yet, I'm tiptoeing.
Now I saw your jewel anygamestarter, seems the absolute hammer.

My concrete question: What do you suggest I do?
- install all EPs (and patches) at once, respecting publication order and of course usual stuff about hacks away etc - and THEN install anygamestarter?
or
- install anygamestarter NOW, and slowly install/update my EPs after I played each one a bit (dunno why, just my own fear of screwing up)? Other advices about install order?

Btw I have windows 7 "starter" on Asus Eee PC 1001P Netbook - as I saw specs are OK for at least a coupla' EPs more, maybe not all I have. Right now, I run uni with maxed graphics, almost no lags (light changes..). My other comps are far worse, before year's end no chance of affording a new one.

I hope my request won't fall into the garbage bin due to extreme lateness - but even if it's the case, grazie mille for all other great contributions of yours I'm enjoying already!
Lab Assistant
#430 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 9:02 PM
Quote:
Collection packs other than Deluxe, Double Deluxe and Holiday Ed. 2005/06 are not supported. If you install the AGS with any other collection pack, you will probably have to uninstall and reinstall all of your games to get back to a working state.

Umm, so I can't use it if I have Fun With Pets pack or Open For Business collection or any of that ?
To add to that, I'm also a Double Deluxe user.
Test Subject
#431 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:32 PM
*** ERROR! ***
There is something wrong in your save-game folders: AnyGameStarter can't
find your "full" game folder. It should be located in:
C:\Users\Karla\DOCUME~1\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe
and it should contain, along with all your downloads and neighborhoods,
a small file named "FullGame.id"; but AnyGameStarter can't find this file.
The only solution is to run the AnyGame Setup again and reinstall this AnyGame.
For whatever problem, question or request, please
post at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250555
providing a zip containing your entire AppFiles folder, i.e.:
C:\Users\Karla\DOCUME~1\AnyPermaGames\PermaGame1\AppFiles\AppFiles
I'm sorry for the problems, but remember that the AnyGameStarter is officially
a "beta" version tool, i.e. it's still in testing.

Hi, ummm... I really need some help please!! I downloaded and installed everything correctly but once I tried to open the game, this message appeared. Nothing worked. I uninstalled it, and installed it back again. Now all the games that I had in the hard copy isn't there anymore. When I try to open it, just as its about to load, It Crashes!! I really don't know what to do. Please help me!!
Lab Assistant
#432 Old 8th May 2012 at 3:29 PM Last edited by kittcat92 : 9th May 2012 at 6:27 PM. Reason: Big big problem
I thought this would be great for keeping specific themed neighborhoods and their CC separate but when I installed it, it tried to tell me I had uninstalled university and to reinstall it or all my university sims would be aged up and I would lose all progress. I also get the same message when trying to play using the regular game icon. the thing is when I went to try to reinstall university, it told me that I already had it installed. I'm a little upset about it, the only thing I can think of to do is to backup all my files uninstall and reinstall all my sims EP and SP then replace all my files.
EDIT: uninstalled and reinstalled everything, put all my backed up files back but my regular game is saying I'm missing Uni and OFB and all of my neighborhoods are gone even the pre-made ones even though all the neighborhood files are where they should be. Plus AGS won't launch and neither will my Double Deluxe launcher which was what I usually use to launch the game.

Frankly my dear I'd rather be playing sims :P
Field Researcher
#433 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 12:03 AM Last edited by kithri : 25th Jun 2012 at 9:05 PM.
Oh dear, my full game has gone missing, and anygamestarter will only give me this error message:

*** ERROR! ***
There is something wrong in your save-game folders: AnyGameStarter can't
find your "full" game folder. It should be located in:
C:\Users\Denise\DOCUME~1\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe
and it should contain, along with all your downloads and neighborhoods,
a small file named "FullGame.id"; but AnyGameStarter can't find this file.
The only solution is to run the AnyGame Setup again and reinstall this AnyGame.
For whatever problem, question or request, please
post at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250555
providing a zip containing your entire AppFiles folder, i.e.:
C:\Users\Denise\DOCUME~1\AnyGameStarter\AppFiles\AppFiles
I'm sorry for the problems, but remember that the AnyGameStarter is officially
a "beta" version tool, i.e. it's still in testing.

I run on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, use Double Deluxe and the Sims 2 Store Edition launcher, as I only re-installed all my Sims 2 stuff a month or so ago. My game is/was fully patched. I followed the install/troubleshooting directions exactly, but no luck. I did forget to turn off my antivirus when installing the AGS initially.

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall all my games? And will this fix the problem? Such did not appear to have fixed the last poster's problem.

Thank you!

Oh, am attaching App and error files as well.

Edit: error file is zipped inside the App folder, forgot to say that.... :p

2nd Edit, 6/25/12 Bueller?....Bueller?...Anyone?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (494.3 KB, 10 downloads)
Description: Kithri's App and Error files for AGS
Field Researcher
#434 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Aucaria : 1st Jul 2012 at 2:57 PM. Reason: App files
Please help!

Suddenly my computer doesn´t allow me to start any of my games, greated with AnygameStarter! It has been a while since I played last, so I don´t have a clue what, if any, I have done to mess things up.

I removed all my downloads from one the games, hoping it would help, also closed my antivirus. But it didn´t help.

I just get the message I´m trying to start an older version of my game and should start the ApartmentLife.
I´m using windows 7. Hoping it it isn´t the cause? It keeps asking me if I will allow program to make changes to my computer and I keep saying YES!

Something has propably been corrupted. But how?

I know many people are changing playing Sims3 and it has it´s own AGS, but is there still a chance to get support to this version?

I would be gratefull. Thank you.

Help! Hepl! Help!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (499.2 KB, 6 downloads)
Test Subject
#435 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 10:10 PM
Thanks this is great
but I would I like to make a request for (and don't judge me please) for a version of this works with the unoffical fan made expansion pack Tits and Arse Stuff (which can be found for free on the internet, it's quiet good, if you like that 'sort of thing') along with the offical expansion packs. I know this a odd (and awaked request, but I hope you keep an open mind)
thanks anway
Field Researcher
#436 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 12:27 PM
I've used AnyGame to create an Empty Game, and for a peculiar reason (after loading the game a bunch of times) the game created townies.

???? It's like I'm doomed not to finish any project.
Test Subject
#437 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 6:12 PM
Please help me! I'm not dumb when it comes to understanding mods and Sims 2 techy bits but this is completely confusing. Can someone PLEEAAASEEE explain this to me?!
Field Researcher
#438 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 8:34 PM
OK...let's take a long breath...Repeat; I'm not that confused!...Your turn now...

AnyGameStarter (AGS for abbreviation) is a program that enables you to manage which Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs your game runs.

Whenever you run AnyGameStarter is like trying to install a new game in your PC, where you have the ability to choose which Expansion Packs will be included. For Example, if I have all the expansion packs, and I want to make a Downtown, I would run AGS so that to create a new game (different shortcut if it makes more sense to you) without having all the other Expansion Packs running, but only Nightlife.

The new game that is created is called AnyGame, and you can install up to three games simultaneously.

Covered?
Mad Poster
#439 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 1:24 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 13th Oct 2012 at 11:26 AM.
So, I've just spent most of the morning with my PC under remote control because uninstalling Ad-Aware resulting in annoying error messages whenever I tried to use AnyGame or my legacy Bodyshop. Reinstalling AdAware worked for a while, until it did an automatic scan and decided hidcon.exe was a virus. The man from Lavasoft eventually reported that the Bodyshop script had become corrupted and managed to fix it, but I figured I should post and let people know there may be issues if you use these two programs.

ETA: Oh, and teh annoying pop-up errirs come back if you run the installer again. Thanks, AdAware!
Top Secret Researcher
#440 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 7:19 PM
I have a bit of a problem in that I purchased Sims 2 Double Deluxe from the Origin store and downloaded it using Origin. Now AGS won't work as it keeps asking for the DD disk.

Before I had DD I installed the Sims 2 DVD version, and though I had other packs downloaded using Origin (M&G included) AGS worked fine.

I know that this is my problem, but I was just wondering if anyone had some tips for me.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
#441 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 1:32 PM
As a result of having fun with pets pack and other packs, AGS really messed up everything. I am writing this as a warning if you have the triple packs. I could not uninstall anything and it was bothering my computer in a way no one would like. I had to actually wipe my entire computer because I didn't read everything Numenor wrote out properly. So in future, before downloading anything, please read what it goes with and doesn't. I'd like to thank my favorite creator for all of the other wonderful things you have created that I can and do use!!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#442 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 1:55 PM
AGS seems to be somewhat unreliable when it comes to properly editing the registry on 64-bit systems. It has been failing to edit the registry keys in WOW6432Node on my setup - which causes loading the AnyGame to fail, with an error message telling me that I'm running the wrong version and should use AL instead. Editing the InstalledEPs key in WOW6432Node manually, in addition to letting AGS edit the 32-bit keys and the Documents location, seems to fix the problem, although of course it's not ideal (and I'm pretty sure that last time I did this I ended up having to reinstall, but I really want this AnyGame to work).

It should also be possible to workaround this problem by editing the Sims2_AnyGameX.reg files in AppFiles (not forgetting to edit the Sims2_Full.reg file so that the 64-bit keys are properly restored as well). I'll have a go at this at some point.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has some idea of why this might be failing, since I have used AGS on 64-bit in the past with absolutely no problems. I'd also be interested to hear if other people are having the same problem and are unable to solve it by running all AGS stuff as administrator, although the usual caveat applies - do not try my suggested solution if you don't know precisely what you're doing.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#443 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 2:21 AM
I'm having a tad bit of a problem. I have made a BGS game. When I click to start it (click the icon) and error shows up saying it can not find "FullGame.id", but I do have the file.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (495.4 KB, 22 downloads)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#444 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 2:58 PM
Just want to give a heads up, to only use this if you know exactly what you're doing in editing the registry. I did NOT know what I was doing. When it started, it asked me to browse to the correct Documents folder, which I thought I did. I created a BGS game (but couldn't test it because I was out of town and didn't have the CD). The next thing I know, other programs could not find my Documents folder, specifically two programs that I need to use for my grad school research. After a couple of hours not being able to fix it (again, because I didn't know what I was doing), I ended up having to restore my computer to the original factory settings. I had been meaning to restore it eventually, so it's all good, just be careful when using this! XD

EDIT: I'm posting this as a thanks because I think the idea of it is so awesome! I just wish I was smart enough to be able to use it :-/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#445 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 6:19 AM
Ah, this has solved all of my problems.
*Deep breath*Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
Thanks to this I have 4 different games:
1. My normal game with Maxis-Match CC
2. A Custom CAS tester without Seasons
3. A CC Free game
4. A Realistic CC game
So, thank you heaps for this marvelous creation!
Lab Assistant
#446 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 10:46 PM
So if I get this right, this shouldn't be used on 64-bit systems? Any chance this might be tweaked/updated to work for those of us who are not prepared to have something go wrong when installing this? (I certainly don't want to have to do a restore on my PC because of this!) Just wondering about this, because now after reading the comments here I'm quite scared to try it. :/

Just a lurker lurking through... mostly.

Sometimes I'm more interested in Sims than others, so I tend to disappear and reappear at random.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#447 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 10:40 PM
I've tried to read and figure this out on my own, but I can't so I'll just go ahead and ask. Is there any way to get custom content to show up in AGS, and if so, how is it done?

I am also somewhat worried about the mentions of AGS not working well on 64 bit systems. I got the same error messages as others have posted, about it not finding my documents. I didn't think much of it, so I directed it to where it is (via C, and it tells me it changed my registry. I can't say I wanted to let it do that, but done is done I guess. Do I need to worry about this?
Site Helper
#448 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 10:54 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 7th Mar 2013 at 11:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by humming-fli
So if I get this right, this shouldn't be used on 64-bit systems? Any chance this might be tweaked/updated to work for those of us who are not prepared to have something go wrong when installing this?
Numenor is no longer supporting this program. If you look, his last post was made on 21st Mar 2010, 03:11 AM. Apparently, he has left the Sims 2 community. Since he didn't share the source code for this program, there's no way for anyone to fix the problems. Another programmer would have to rewrite the AGS from scratch.

However, I believe that it should be possible to get the AGS working for 64-bit systems, just as it can be used with collection packs with some additional work. In fact, I believe that some of the people on this thread managed to get it working with 64-bit:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450094

Since everything that you need is in plain text format in the AppFiles folder, it should be possible to solve any problems that arise, regardless of your system. In fact, plasticbox used the AGS method on his / her MAC.

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Is there any way to get custom content to show up in AGS, and if so, how is it done?
Just add your CC to the AnyGame Downloads folder, rather than adding it to your full game Downloads folder. This thread has some additional hints:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=455178

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I am also somewhat worried about the mentions of AGS not working well on 64 bit systems. I got the same error messages as others have posted, about it not finding my documents. I didn't think much of it, so I directed it to where it is (via C, and it tells me it changed my registry. I can't say I wanted to let it do that, but done is done I guess. Do I need to worry about this?
Everything that you need is in text files in the AppFiles folder. If you have any problems, zip and attach your AppFiles folder and I can try to help you. Please note that I do not monitor this thread, so you'll have to PM me to let me know that you need help. Alternatively, post in the first thread that I linked above... I monitor that forum.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#449 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 3:06 PM
Sigh =P I knew it was something painfully obvious that I missed. Thank you Mootilda. I will wait and see if I notice any problems due to the registry change. So far I have not noticed any problems.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#450 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 4:32 PM
I know this was a long time ago, but does this work on Windows 7 Home Premiuim 64bit?
Page 18 of 21