Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:14 AM
Default Angelina Jolie
Hello!
It's been a really long time since I've made anything that I've uploaded. I was still in high school then haha.
Anyways, I've been working on Angelina Jolie off and on for a little over a week and I feel like I'm getting close to a recognizable likeness. I just keep tweaking features and can't quite get it right. There aren't any hairs that look right on her, and I am using cc (trying to use only from this site).

I've been having particular difficulties with her eyes. I've been attempting different types of rotating, and I even got fed up at one point and chose a different preset. This new preset seems to be working better I just hate the eyelashes in this game.

Her upper lips has also been a challenge because I can't quite get the shape of the upper lip right, and with Jolie, the lips are one of the most important parts.

I would really appreciate any help that you can provide.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:30 AM
There is something there, good start. The major thing to check for me is the shape of her Head/face. Its larger and shorter. Check the space too between the nose and the mouth, and the nose and the eyes. I'm not sure about the lips too.

So it's my 2 cents. Hope you'll post an update!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:28 PM
I agree that her head needs to be a bit shorter and wider.

Don't be afraid to try new presets! When making sims based on likenesses, I found it best to cycle through all the presets, undoing each time so I don't lose my current one, until I find something better/closer. I think you should look for a lip preset that doesn't have such a defined/narrow cupids bow. I also think her mouth curve is too frowny. Ange's lips is one of her most recognisable features so be sure to get it right!

Overall, a really good start!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 5:06 AM
I think its the hair, the color is great but the hair to me is not something that goes with her. The nose is very alike and her eyes but the lips should be wider and a bit thicker. Overall good job.

RIP Elizabeth "MI AMOR" Reyes
Every 5hrs, A young Queer commits Suicide
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 2:46 AM
I can tell her lips are still a little more down turned than they should be. I wish CAS wasn't inaccurate. I took her in game about 10 times before I decided to call it a night. I am having a hard time finding hair (even cc) that doesn't cut the shape of her jaw off or make her forehead look silly. So if anyone comes across any that seem like they would work I would probably think you were an incredibly awesome and helpful person

I don't now about anyone else, but I had a long day... So I included a picture of Angelina Jolie with an afro, partly because I can, partly because I'm sure someone else can use a small amount of humor in their day.

Adjustments I made:

1. Made the face wider
2. Made the face shorter
3. re adjusted her eyebrows to be farther apart
4. tweaks to the jaw
5. changes to the nostrils
6. New lip preset (no the upper lip will not go any higher)
Screenshots

"I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning... Every day I find something creative to do with my life." - Miles Davis
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 3:00 AM
I think she is very similar before the adjustments. Or maybe the hair of those last pictures made me think this.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 3:52 PM
It's easier if you combine the reference image and current image side by side together so we don't have to click in and out of them. It makes it easier to compare and suggest adjustments.

I think she's definitely closer now than what she was. Can you get another photo, one where her face is more straight on and we can see her whole forehead and chin? A neutral expression with closed lips would also help.

I can't think of much to do, but I don't feel like she is quite ready. I think I just need to see more comparison shots. It looks like her bottom eyelid should come up a little.

Edit: I just thought of something- her nose. It's a bit too small overall, and the gap between nose and mouth should be smaller. Scaling the whole thing should work but I can't be 100% sure.
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 10:22 PM
The upper lip should be fuller and more similar to the lower lip; the upper lip your Sims has now is too "cute" and weak compared to the lower one. It's especially noticeable at the corners of the mouth. For reference, study some pictures where Angie's face is relaxed and has a neutral expression (as MzzUnvrz wrote already).

Also, your Sim's cheekbones are too dramatic. Take a closer look at Angie's pictures and you'll see it's mostly a result of clever contouring. Her real face has got cheeks that create a pretty much straight line between the cheekbones and the chin; there's no dramatic "S" shape from the side view, no huge dent under her cheekbone (unless she smiles, pouts or plays Maleficent).

If I may suggest, study her pictures for a moment (ideally candid, unretouched photos) and take your time to know her face from every angle. What many creators do is to exaggerate her features and make them sharper and bigger than they really are, almost inhuman. The result is often an idealistic image of someone who doesn't exist or simply a caricature, not the real person; avoid making the same mistake.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 9:34 AM
Hi Morganrae

Firstly, I would try and find another reference pic because she is looking slightly up here which will distorty the real shape of her face, but critiquing her on what I see here

Her eyeshape is not right, dips down at the lower corners too much.
Both her lips need to be the same thickness
The tip of her nose should come up a bit as it is more in line with the fleshy part of her nose than seen here.

Good start, though.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 2:44 AM
Sorry for being so long with an update. I have a roommate moving in, and I pretty much started over on Angelina Jolie out of frustration. So yes, there are still problems with her face. I can't find the right preset to get the lip shape perfect which has been my main focus.

What I completely re started:
1. Face shape, there is no longer defined cheek bone
2. Completely new eye preset
3. New Lip preset

Is this better or worse? I still have the old version.

I feel like it would make a world of difference if I could find the right eyebrows or hair. The hair options are not there, so I'm literally working on how to make hair meshes. I can't say that I will be able to do that, but I'm going to try.
Screenshots

"I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning... Every day I find something creative to do with my life." - Miles Davis