Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:03 PM
Default Honest opinion on these curtains?
Can I please get an honest opinion on this recolor that I made (curtains)? I think it looks a little too busy? What if i made the embroidery a little less conspicuous?

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:20 PM
It's a very nice looking curtain. I think what you can do to make it seem "less busy" is perhaps you can change the texture of the quarter of a circle background part (aka 'swag ') to a plain white or very light grey material, which should match the busy grey overall. That could help.

Also, I'd personally prefer if the tie backs were set mid-height of the curtain (as in a bit lower), but that's not really a big issue.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:27 PM
Thank you so much for your feedback. I do agree it seems a bit busy, the curtains were needed for an early century theme and I wanted something fancy for that period but not overdone. I will try your advice, thank u!
Theorist
#4 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:36 PM
I am very fussy about curtains, but these I like just the way they are and don't think they're to busy or the ties are too high. I like the open look and feel that gives w/ them bein that high.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:41 PM Last edited by labellavienna : 1st Apr 2015 at 5:55 PM.
I changed things completely and came up with this which is a lot less busy but still maintains a lacy texture. It doesn't scream "expensive" but it is not as horrible as my initial attempt lol

What do you guys think now?

Edit: I made a few more...this is my first time creating objects. Please scrutinize at will.

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 6:01 PM
Both of the curtains are lovely.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:08 PM
I really like the green (second one) and would love to see that in a range of colours.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 10:26 PM
The patterns you used in your curtains are lovely. I especially love the second set you made. I agree with the above that you could take those patterns and create new colors. Maybe a burgundy? Beige? A navy? I'm just throwing out colors lol. Maybe even some patterns with gold? Plus your textures are perfect for your time period.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 10:29 PM
Yes all the above plus a white, grey and a mushroom pink.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 11:22 PM
Ill try to make more recolors of it, what does mushroom pink look like exactly? lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 11:27 PM
Kind of a pink with brown in it.
http://www.materials-world.com/pain...lorsmart-03.htm Kind of like shangri la on that paint chip. A muted kind of colour like the green you have already.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 8:57 AM
The curtains are very good, the shading is very good too and that is not easy to achieve

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
Hi guys, I finished making the recolors last night, I think i am satisfied with them. Thanks for all the helpful advice! the mesh by Huge Lunatic is included (and yes there is a mushroom pink color .

There are 28 colors in all, hope you enjoy!

Please don't share here. Please upload in the proper manner

Create>Upload items

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 10:24 PM
I love them all, and I can't wait to try them in my game Hope they will be available soon ! Good job !
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KarenLorraine
Please don't share here. Please upload in the proper manner

Create>Upload items

Oops...I'm sorry! Thank you for fixing. <3
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
Oops...I'm sorry! Thank you for fixing. <3
I'm looking forward to seeing these curtains in the upload queue Don't forget to check out the Creator Guidelines

Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 6:45 PM
Great work on them! I hope they get approved soon
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 4:29 AM
I see them on your Tumblr, are you uploading them here as well? Well I assume it's you as they curtains look identical.

~Call me Jo~