Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 4:47 AM
Default Problem with Stuff pack content
So up until recently I've been using the Clean Installer to install lots that require Stuff Packs that I don't have. Last night, however, I tried to do that again, and the lot package was "installed" just fine, as in the .package files from the lot were put into my Downloads folder and stuff was put into Teleport, but the lot would not show up in the bin in the neighborhood view. Am I missing something or has EA recently implemented something to block lots that require missing Stuff Packs? In case it matters, I have all the expacs and the Freetime update installed.

Thanks!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 5:51 PM
Are the files still there in Teleport? If so, delete them and install the lot again- this time just tick the 'lot segment' file and not any of the other content. Sometimes lot install seems to fail for some reason, I've had this happen with the Maxis installer as well as the Clean Installer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 7:47 PM Last edited by IreneDAdler : 18th Jun 2008 at 8:22 PM.
So it seems that Clean Installer creates an .import file and a .tmp file. After the game loads, the .import file goes away, and the .tmp file remains. It's not caused by Stuff Packs, as I've now installed the missing Packs and it still has that issue. I was able to get it to install with the Maxis installer, but of course it created a whole bunch of extra copies of custom content files. Then I tried your suggestion and it worked really well I'm guessing this might be an issue with the lot packages themselves, though it's kinda odd. Thanks so much for your help!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 6:23 PM
Well done for figuring it out, someone recently had a similar error on the Help forum so maybe it's specific to a particular game build.