Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 10:56 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:40 PM.
Default Can't get Option to Rent Furnished Apartment (SOLVED: USER ERROR)
SOLVED: USER ERROR

I've built an apartment building - 4 floors, with an apartment on each floor. Elevator up the middle of the building with a short corridor leading to each apartment door on each floor (see pic).

No problem changing lot zoning - got the community mailbox and the landlord shows up when I move a family onto the Lot. The normal options to check out the apartment and to rent the apartment unfurnished show up.

Yet, after I enter the cheat to enable renting of furnished apartments, the only options I get are "Recalculate Rent" and "Force Error" (see pic).

What might be causing this failure to give the "Rent Furnished Apartment" option?

I retyped the cheat numerous times, so it is not due to a typo. boolProp testingCheatsEnabled [true/false]

Also, and I don't know if this is relevant, but if I try changing the apartment back to residential, it won't work. The error message says something about "Bad Lot...".
I've built apartments before but have never had this problem.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:01 PM
Maybe show us some more pictures of the apartment? Are you changing the zoning with the sims moved out?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Maybe show us some more pictures of the apartment? Are you changing the zoning with the sims moved out?

Yes, of course with the Sims moved out. Remember, the only thing that's not working is the cheat to rent the apartment furnished. Everything else seems fine. Here are a couple of pics, one of the outside, showing the entire building, the other of one of the four apartments, which are identical:

The first floor of the building has the lobby: the entrance, a small lounge. restrooms, snack room with vending machines and of course the elevator. Above that are the four apartments, one to each floor. The roof is a 4-clcik CFE level (the top apartment has the ceiling installed, of course).

Now, the short corridor outside the apartment door is 2 squares smaller than the picture in my OP, because in the OP picture I was seeing whether the small corridor might have been the problem (it wasn't).

You're not likely to find any obvious structural errors in these pics. I've double and triple checked everything. There are obviously no spiral staircases, since each apartment only occupies one level, and there are no interior foundations anywhere.

Why would the lot zoning change without difficulty and all the normal options come up, but the cheat to rent furnished not work? That is the question.

My game is not full of mods either. I have a few, such as the rotatable driveways and garage doors, as well as a coupe of others that I've had for almost two years with no prior problems making apartments.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:33 AM
Update: The cheat to rent furnished no longer works on my old apartment buildings anymore either - I tried on two of them and neither worked. The normal method of renting works fine.
The cheat also does not work on someone else's apartment building I downloaded.

So this issue seems to have nothing to do with my new Lot.

Also, is it Shift/Click or Shift/Right-Click after entering the cheat?
Shift/Click brings up the two options listed above, "Recalculate Rent" and "Force Error".
Shift/Right-Click does not bring up any options.
So I'm guessing it's Shift/Click. Not that it matters, because neither brings up the desired option to rent furnished.

I'm ready to start...

(Why is the word "else's", above, underlined as being misspelled? How else to you spell it?)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:59 AM
Sounds like you have something in your downloads folder causing it or you have a corrupt neighbourhood. Do you have AGS? Can you try the cheat in a neighbourhood there?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Sounds like you have something in your downloads folder causing it or you have a corrupt neighbourhood. Do you have AGS? Can you try the cheat in a neighbourhood there?

Any Game Starter?
No, I don't have that, but I'll look into it.
I'll see about taking some stuff out of my d/l folder, to see what might be causing the issue.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 5:42 PM
Do you have Pescado's AptHack? No cheat needed with that installed.

Nice build, btw...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Do you have Pescado's AptHack? No cheat needed with that installed.

Nice build, btw...

Thanks, no sooner did you write that, that I found it in my d/l folder. I installed it back in March.
Long story short, the hack eliminates having to use the cheat. It gives two apartment prices, one with a higher deposit cost to cover the furniture, which I failed to notice.

Link to hack: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,13471.0.html
Relevant quote:
5. Cash exploit for fixtures removed: You can no longer receive free cash
merely for moving into an apartment and then moving out because you are not
charged for the value of fixtures, but are still credited for them on move
out: Sims must pay an initial deposit equal to the sell value of fixtures
in their apartment, which is returned via the normal move-out process.
6. Option to rent furnished integrated with above: Door will display two
rental prices, the higher deposit value being the furnished price.

That's what I get for not playing the game for several months, and I never did play apartments after installing the hack, I just tested it.

I apologize for the alarm.
Should I delete this thread?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 9:37 PM
Glad you got it sorted. I used Pescado's mod for awhile, didn't like having two prices and now use the one from here. Always good to know it isn't your building or worse your hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 9:52 PM
Glad you got it sorted
I love not having to open the cheat box with Pez's hack - but, what one do you use instead, @joandsarah77?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:16 PM
This one:http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=325824

~Call me Jo~