Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 12:49 AM
toddlers having absurd routes in apartments and people disliking vampires
Is anyone else experiencing these weirdness-es? Inbetween your sims vommiting on themselves every other action, that is...

Sometimes when I go to feed/play with/pick up my toddler, the adult and toddler both ride the elevator down to the lobby, the adult picks up the todder, and they then ride the elevator back up and perform the action in their q. What's with all this arbitrary elevator riding??

Also, everyone automatically dislikes my vampire sim (even him family! D What...why...?! Ugh!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:16 AM
I've read somewhere that the vomiting is because there is an "unfriendly Vampire" around, their evilness makes sims nauseous I guess.

My experimental TS3 Tumblr: Aeschere - SimsĀ³
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PinkGraffiti
Is anyone else experiencing these weirdness-es? Inbetween your sims vommiting on themselves every other action, that is...

Sometimes when I go to feed/play with/pick up my toddler, the adult and toddler both ride the elevator down to the lobby, the adult picks up the todder, and they then ride the elevator back up and perform the action in their q. What's with all this arbitrary elevator riding??

Yes, there are twin toddlers in my Sunset Valley game and I now have routing errors when trying to take care of them, along with the problems with satisfying their social needs.
For example, the mother will be upstairs with them and I'll click on one of the toddlers for her to do something like 'put in crib' and she'll go downstairs, out the front door and stand in the front yard and get stuck there for a while. I was wondering if maybe the house was glitched or something because I hadn't seen anyone else mention it. I think I'm going to play one of my games that doesn't have babies or toddlers because it's bugging the shit out of me.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:38 AM
I have had this same problem in my custom hood. I was wondering if it was a problem with my house but I guess not.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:45 AM
For the "pick up toddler" interaction to happen, both of em have to be somewhere where there's quite a lot of space. I've had this result is some strange routing in houses without elevators before LN. If your apartment is a bit cluttered, the game might decide the lobby is the closest area that's big enough.

If you have lots of open space upstairs and this is happening anyway, though... sounds like a bug
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:45 AM
haha it happened to me too. i had this sim to feed a toddler on floor. they both ride the elevator down to the lobby, then the father picked up the toddler, ride the elevator up to the house, then feed the toddler. seriously, -_-"
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 4:21 AM
Well.. I don't mean to change topics even though it's in the same category. But I've had incidences where when I for instances said "go to party with.." and then chose my sim's roommate, the sim would get in the car and wait forever while the roommate was running to the party. Even though it was in a distance where driving was definitely necessary. Right now they're actually both stuck in a cab in the process of moving but they aren't going anywhere. Gonna have to use Master Controller on them.

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 5:08 AM
The whole AI seems to have gotten quite a bit stupider with the last patch. Pathing errors, random vomiting, the occasional mass-Sim mob meetings....

Can't wait for the patch.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 5:51 AM
I have a lot of open space. The baby would crawl to the edge of the stairs and wave her arms waiting for dad to pick her up. Of course he couldn't do that so he would go down to the bottom of the stairs and wait. The baby would never move, just sit there waving her arms and legs. The only way I could stop it was to direct the baby to go back into the bedroom. There was plenty of room at the top of the stairs..a rather large balcony.
Instructor
#10 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tego
Well.. I don't mean to change topics even though it's in the same category. But I've had incidences where when I for instances said "go to party with.." and then chose my sim's roommate, the sim would get in the car and wait forever while the roommate was running to the party. Even though it was in a distance where driving was definitely necessary. Right now they're actually both stuck in a cab in the process of moving but they aren't going anywhere. Gonna have to use Master Controller on them.

Too true. For some reasons at times my sims have something against their car. On countless occasions instead of driving to town, like to the bookstore, she/he run's all they way there.

I've also expierenced the child route issue. My sim goes to pick up the toddler and sometimes he/she will crawl outside and around the house to be picked up or into another room on the other side of the house. I try to time it so I can get them in the crib before they scream bloody murder, but by the time they crawl/walk to where they want to be picked up it's too late. So much for keeping my kids on a schedule, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladyhawke976
So much for keeping my kids on a schedule, lol.

As a mother of four, I can tell you....That is very realistic. LOL
Inventor
#12 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 8:16 AM
I had a horrible problem with that with Andrew Knowles from the patch and not the expansion, I was in a Mansion and the Mother or Scottie would miss the stairs, and end up an a usless pentigon shaped roomlet that was next to the stairwell. I had to take the wall down twice before I just aged him up. Its a Sunset Valley original Mansion and it was like the little stinker knew if he sat in just the right place he could trap them. I haven't played them except to check something, since I loaded Bridgeport, but I patched the night before I got the expansion so I know it was the patch.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 8:41 PM Last edited by We are all trash : 18th Nov 2010 at 1:35 AM. Reason: Fix'd links to videos
The whole routing in the game in broken. Check out these videos I took:

My Sims like to go in a little loopy hole around their building before getting to their carpools or catching a taxi:

http://v7.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=34zwwwi&s=7

As if they're loop around the corner wasn't bad enough, the carpool likes to wait for them, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN! Check it out as my Sim runs to her carpool, it took her so long the video stopped before she finished

http://v7.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=sg1vrp&s=7

Oh sweet sweet patch, can't wait till you come
Instructor
#14 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 10:01 PM
Yeah in the Hemlock Household the vampires go down the elevator to the lobby all the time and also the toddler is going up and down... its also weird because she is stretching to a monster
for driving with the elevator on her own lol ^^

The vomitting problem was discussed a lot of time. Its a problem with one of the reactions sims will have when a vampire has the Too Much Sun Buff in their moodlet bar!
There are 4 reactions actually sims will make when a vampire has this moodlet! 1. Laugh at, 2. Point at and laugh, 3. "Booo" and 4. Yes the all so loved green ugly puking around! (Throw Up)
I deleted the Throw up in a mod and others did it also and the random puking all over the ground stopped immediately!
Inventor
#15 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 10:02 PM
Access denied.

That's what I get when I try to click on your links.

But it's funny, because it sounds like 'access denied' is the sims' problem, too.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
Access denied.

That's what I get when I try to click on your links.

But it's funny, because it sounds like 'access denied' is the sims' problem, too.

If you were referring to my vids, its been fixed (I hope.)
Forum Resident
#17 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 8:35 AM
My Band have a toddler now and all the band feed him. The trouble is, they take him down to the bottom floor of the apartment and feed him there and leave him alone and I have to click on one of them to go back down and fetch him. If I forget he just stays there and crawls about. Other folk come in and out and they ignore him too. It's maddening.