Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:38 PM
Default Moving Paintings Up/Down on Sims 3
Ok, hello
Never posted before, so I hope I don't break any rules (thou i checked and i dont think i am)
Anyway, my question is: is there any way to move paintings up and down on walls in sims 3?
Kinda like how you could move paintings in Apartment life with []. Is that possible in anyway?

Thnx all for the help.
^.^
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:52 PM
i...have yet to discover a way, if there is one.

which inclines me to state: no. no, there is not.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:24 PM Last edited by Esthero : 8th Jun 2010 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Had to change misspelling.
@Suicidia: oh, thank u so much! I was in search of it and needed a definite yes or no. Thnx a bunch ^.^
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 1:45 AM
E-You can make it look like paintings have beem moved on the walls, by using "moveobjects on" (no quotes). I've seen other people use this trick, and I've played around with it using a building with a foundation and placing the painting (or mirror) on the ground level. That is to say, the footprint of the object goes through the foundation floor, but the effect is a painting that looks lower than it actually is.

Hope that helps.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:03 PM
I had been looking for the same thing. This was one of my favorite things about TS2 decorating and I am disappointed that there isn't a simple way to do it. I know QBuilderz has some tutorials on something like this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=361359 but it's a little more complicated than the [ and ] keys. At least now we know.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:07 AM
This thread makes me think of Hitlers living room which I find odd.

formerly known as DollyL
Inventor
#7 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:47 AM
It looks like the paintings were hung at a height which you can view them without getting neck pain.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 8:44 AM
The only thing that is odd about these pictures is your choice of pictures to illustrate this apparent oddity. Why Hitler's living room if all that these pictures show is the normal way to hang paintings on a wall?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TanyaTurner
This thread makes me think of Hitlers living room which I find odd.

Wait what? You think it's odd to place art in a space where it can be most easily viewed and appreciated?

Or are you saying that we only defeated the Nazis with the help of code monkeys? I'm confused!
#10 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:02 PM
Judging from that yellow thingy that is rolling underneath those photos the one who posted them probably meant this as a joke. I don't get it, however. Maybe they will do us the favour of explaining what they meant. Until then I just find this thoroughly lacking in taste and intelligence.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:50 PM
Kinda wondering what the heck Hitler's LR has to do with anything as well.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 8:03 PM
Just more proof that all discussions on the internet will inevitably reference Hitler or the Nazis. I am now waiting for a picture of a rabbit with a pancake on its head.
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:04 AM
hmm...that gives interesting mental images.... Back on topic - it sure would be nice if EA added that wonderful feature to their next expansion. I miss it terribly too!
#14 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Just more proof that all discussions on the internet will inevitably reference Hitler or the Nazis. I am now waiting for a picture of a rabbit with a pancake on its head.

Ooh, I thought that this kind of thing only happened "somewhere else".
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:52 PM
In other photos (not shown for some reason) you can see that the height of the floor changes, but the height of the art doesn't. I believe that was TanyaTurner's point.
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 8:25 AM
All you have to do is hold down Alt then click and hold the painting you want to move up or down, then move said picture up and down. Release and you're good to go!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo

Here you go!

Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 7:25 PM
That's not pancakes, it's bisquits.

AshesM: Thanks for resurrecting the thread, I was struggling with this issue last weekend and google was not helpful at all. Neither was the instruction booklet that came with the game. It only said click on the painting and move your mouse up and down. I'll try "alt" next time I'm playing.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 7:55 PM
That's not bisquits, it's cookies

Okay, sorry... couldn't resist... It's making me hungry though.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
That's not pancakes, it's bisquits.

AshesM: Thanks for resurrecting the thread, I was struggling with this issue last weekend and google was not helpful at all. Neither was the instruction booklet that came with the game. It only said click on the painting and move your mouse up and down. I'll try "alt" next time I'm playing.

No no, it works -- I only discovered this after I updated my base game to the Late Night patch, so I don't know if it's related or just me (as always) being slow on the band wagon. You just keep holding down the mouse button while the painting is selected, then scoll up or down, and you see the white up-down arrow and it starts moving the painting up or down. Trust!
Scholar
#21 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 8:05 PM
this also works on wall lights(not store ones though)
Eminence Grise
#22 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 11:06 PM
Now if only it worked on curtains and mirrors, I'd be overjoyed
Field Researcher
#23 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoCat
That's not bisquits, it's cookies

Okay, sorry... couldn't resist... It's making me hungry though.

Depending on where she lives bisquits are cookies or can be. :D
Field Researcher
#24 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MdMaxx
Depending on where she lives bisquits are cookies or can be. :D
So we've gone from talking about pictures to Hitler to biscuits? What the hell dinosaurs*?

Anyway, to avoid further veering this topic off the road, down the side of the mountain and catching it on fire, with patch 1.17, you can now move the height of some things on the wall. But you can't do it with mirrors, which really pisses me off. <_<

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Eminence Grise
#25 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 11:50 PM
BISCUITS dammit Once that "q" snuck in, it was spreading like wildfire and needs to be put out ><

French "bis cuit", twice cooked :p

And for some reason, the Brits, who (with some of their former colonies) are the ones who use "biscuit" for "cookie" in the first place, have a terrble time with them: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/e...86908-21656743/
Page 1 of 2