Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:53 AM
Default LN and skin tones
I'm kind of really confused about the skin thing - ever since late night - do we have to wait for Rez Delnava's UI mod to be updated to have many non-default skins showing up LN or is there somekind of other way now cause I heard something that people are already using all their skin tones in the game.

Please someone clear this out for me - I really want to use all my skin tones too if it's already possible.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:55 AM
No, take the mod out. Your sims with non-default skins will still have a skintone. But, the problem lies with the new muscle tone slider, which refuses to apply its new normal map on non-default skins. We simply have to wait until someone hopefully amends this issue if we want to use that slider.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:58 AM
Thanks so much for telling this to me - and so quickly - awesomeness !

EDIT: wait a moment, now I'm confused again Jasumi says no and lewisb40 says that all the skintones are there without UI mod.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:59 AM
Just open the skintone box and hover your cursor over it as you scroll down, all the skins are there. The box just doesn't open wide and drop down like before.

There are issues with some ND skins not working properly with the new sliders, so I am not using my default body skins atm, just my default faces. Since I use only a few ND skins, the ones I use have shown up well with my sims. As far as I can tell.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#5 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:04 AM
That's interesting

I know for certain that Subaxi's skins do not play nice with the muscle tone slider. My intuition is telling me it's because her packages include custom tone ramps, but I'm not sure. When I rebuilt the packages without a tone ramp, they worked better, but then they lost all their glowy yellow charm lol
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Just open the skintone box and hover your cursor over it as you scroll down, all the skins are there. The box just doesn't open wide and drop down like before.

There are issues with some ND skins not working properly with the new sliders, so I am not using my default body skins atm, just my default faces. Since I use only a few ND skins, the ones I use have shown up well with my sims. As far as I can tell.

This is good to know and reassuring. All my skins still work fine, just couldn't change them (until now, hopefully). I can actually live with that. However, I'd like to have those new muscle sliders working for custom skins. Is anyone making any progress on this and needs a tester?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 7:19 AM
OMG wow, I scrolled down the skintone list even if there's not scrol button and there the all skintones really are!
This is veeery odd even since I dont have UI mod!

Oh and about that muscle sliders not working with ND skins - I had it too but I removed the CC folder, created fresh new sims 3 folder, put mods back and started the game again to see that the muscle sliders work with non default skins as well now. (it's somekind of bug or something) Give it a try
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:28 PM
Ok what am I doing wrong? i removed all slider mods and can still only see 1 ND skin my ladyfrontbum ones..

I should have several.
do i need to reinstall them all? i thought I did that yesterday but still only getting 1 to show..
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:41 PM
CVSiN - There are still only six skintone "spots" to choose from. If you have custom skins, you can scroll through them using the mouse scroll wheel (like if you were scrolling down a webpage, only... in-game). They show up fine that way, but as custom skintones are still pretty experimental and aren't meant to work with 1.17/LN, there's no guarantee that any of them will work at all, or work properly.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 4:08 PM
ok I think I see it I see what you are saying it must be the skin because its barely even different than my main use skins.

thanks for the mouse wheel tip i do see more tones now.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 4:50 PM
I don't get it. My CAS sims are showing up with "black" skin. And I don't think I removed any skins, only Rez Delnava's thingy.
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:37 PM
yeh a few of mine are too... and most all look the same now.. even if they arent blacked out..

has to be missing the sliders and such..
Forum Resident
#13 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 7:42 PM
Wait a moment... if I do patch my game my non defalt skinned sims will go black (skinless)?
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnieBonnie
Wait a moment... if I do patch my game my non defalt skinned sims will go black (skinless)?

Well, that happened with my game after patching...
Forum Resident
#15 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnieBonnie

I jusst patched and tested my game today, and by taking away the non-default UI mod, I could still scroll through all my skins, and my sims are not completely black or skinless.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Instructor
#16 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 9:13 PM Last edited by James009 : 2nd Nov 2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Scrolling
Question
I'm not having any luck scrolling down my skins or figuring out how to activate the new muscle textures on custom skins. However, my custom skintones are all working perfectly fine, they are not black or anything. Did you guys try clearing the cache files?

And PuffyAmi, what did you do to get your muscle textures working? I don't quite understand it and you might be on to something with that.

EDIT: Ok, got the scrolling to work using middle mouse scroll. Duh.
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 10:39 PM
i'm having issues with the new muscle slider, i moved out rez mod, but not the ND skins, they work fine and the slider too, but if i then, change clothes the muscle definition disappear :S and doesn't como back even if i move the slider again. :S

Does anyone have this same problem?

XOXO
Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 10:44 PM
I do f3rzz. Only I noticed it with changing hair instead of clothing. I managed to resolve the problem by removing ND skins, but I miss them more than I like the muscle slider. Here's hoping someone makes them both work together some day.
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 10:58 PM
* I fell better now (kind of) *

Thanks for replying, i hope they work together again Sooooon too xD lol, because i'm loving the muscle slider (i want Non-Defaults muscle sliders tho)

OMG i'm having an orgasm dreaming of all the posibilities that would open combined with non-default non-muscley skintones GOSH. excuse me xD

XOXO
Instructor
#20 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:20 PM
I recognized the problem with the muscel silder too. I changed it to the max, but I saw no result. It works for me now, to klick on the tattoo option. After adding a tattoo I saw the changing of the muscle definiton. Strange thing, but ... who care's.

I've tested Aikea Guinea's default skintones, which are going very well with the muscle sliders.
Scholar
#21 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:41 PM
I know how to fix the black skin thing. It happens when you have a sim with a custom skintone and you don't have the mod/cant access them.
1) select a new accessible skintone from the skin reel (maxis)
2) if your sim has a funny skin hue, simply select a new outfit, then you can switch back to your old one and your sim is as good as new!

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 12:09 AM
I've been using HystericalParoxysm's default skins along with the muscle slider, and they look fine to me.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
I'm not having any luck scrolling down my skins or figuring out how to activate the new muscle textures on custom skins. However, my custom skintones are all working perfectly fine, they are not black or anything. Did you guys try clearing the cache files?

And PuffyAmi, what did you do to get your muscle textures working? I don't quite understand it and you might be on to something with that.

To you james009 and everyone else who doesn't have muscle slider working with ND skin tones try this out: take out your saves, mods, what ever you need from your sims 3 folder - place them to desktop or somewhere - then delete the sims 3 folder or just add .backup to it. Then start launcher so it will create new sims 3 folder (or do it yourself) - place your saves, mods all back.

I did that and the muscle slider works with all ND skin tones.

The game just can be quirky sometimes (as I was told) so it's good to "refresh" the sims 3 game folder. (Basicly go through the Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problem)
Instructor
#24 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 7:44 AM
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, this did not work and actually somehow reduced my game performance

I also think the main thing to do here was to clear the cache files and that didn't do the trick.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 9:40 AM
I noticed my non-default skins still show up fine, but the muscle tone slider doesn't make any visual difference on the sims. It does work with my default skintones, though. It's not a huge deal, though. At least the non-defaults show up fine.
Page 1 of 2