Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 3:54 PM
Well, i won a contest with a story of a monkey. When i did one of my email accounts, i called it "theholymonkey". In some other pages i didn't want that somepeople knew that theholymonkey = me, so i converted it to spanish: "monosagrado" :P
PS: I wold be very interesting if some people like HystericalParoxysm wold see this thread and say us why their user name is that

~ Nobody will really care about this ~
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:03 PM
Pare - \ˈper\

It's a made up word that I started using as my sn on pretty much whatever when i first started using the internet back in 2000ish. A few years later I found out what a paring knife was, and it's also means friend in fillipino I think.
It's not my first ever screen name, but that's ridiculous and stupid and I shan't speak of it.

Somehow it morphed into "technicolorpear", but that was also kinda stupid and shortlived. My sn on deviantArt was derived from that, because I was obsessed with pomegranates for some reason. I wanted "technicolor.pomegranates" because it sound much less stupid than "rainbow.pomegranate", but there's a character limit donchaknow. I've been wanting to make a new one for years, but meh.

I stick with Pare because it means nothing, despite the "321" at the end, it's not really all that stupid, and it it's ever too short, I go with Pasketti. \pas-ˈket-ē\

I'd like to say "321" isn't terribly bad, because you can just say "blast off", and then it's cool.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Site Helper
#28 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:06 PM
Mootilda was a stuffed cow (from Gateway computers) which happened to be close by when I was registering. I hope Gateway never comes after me for copyright infringement.
Scholar
#29 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:12 PM
Well, it started with my sims3.com name, which was transcendentaltree. I was reading Walden at the time, so I had transcendental literature on the brain, and I thought that adding tree on the end made it sound better and fit with the motif. I believe transcendentaltree was too long for this site when I registered, or maybe I just wanted to use a name that was similar, but different, so I thought Oaktree was sort of close, while not being the same/as long.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 10:44 PM
I just added "123" in front of my last name (Bliss) and then the first letter in my name. (B)

Hey! I was 11, and it just stuck! And I felt like if I changed it, it would feel wrong somehow.

~123blissb

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 10:55 PM
I had recently read the book Puddlejumper, so it was the first thing that came to mind. :D

My blog ---> Here
Theorist
#32 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 123blissb
I just added "123" in front of my last name (Bliss) and then the first letter in my name. (B)

Hey! I was 11, and it just stuck! And I felt like if I changed it, it would feel wrong somehow.

~123blissb

Rule breaker, tsk tsk

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 9:56 AM
My username is was the lastname of a transexual I saw on TV... haha. I kind of regret it now. But it was one of those first names to pop into my head when I signed up here.
Instructor
#34 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 10:18 AM
Made up name. I was probably reading too much ancient Greek mythology. (Elysium is kind of similar)
Alchemist
#35 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 123blissb

~123blissb

So you still are either 11 or 12, seeing as you joined in January, this year.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Scholar
#36 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:37 PM
What I read into what blissb said is that she means that she chose the username somewhere else when she was 11 or 12 and that it stuck as a general internet username for her.
Test Subject
#37 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 2:28 PM
Mine originally came from when I signed up as rubberdukiepolice at TSR back in 2006
I think I wanted to have rubberducky or something when I signed up here but it was already taken so it became rubberdukiey

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Sometimes I imagine six impossible things before breakfast...
Theorist
#38 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 8:51 PM
^ I love your avatar!
And I agree with Oak

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 8:56 PM
My first name is christina other message boards Ive been Ive been asked is christx101 religious no its not just half of my first name.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
Made up name. I was probably reading too much ancient Greek mythology. (Elysium is kind of similar)

I loooovvvveeee greek mythology!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 11:47 PM Last edited by 123blissb : 7th Sep 2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: ?
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Rule breaker, tsk tsk

*Looks around* Who, Mmmmmeeeeeee? Little ol' me?
Ha-ha! It was for that children site Neopets. But when I turned 13 and got out of the pesky No Child Left Behind (think that's what its called) thing, I already had a account, so yeah. I had tried to make a account during that dark times (pre-13) on MTS, but the server wasn't letting me do anything.

Nice try Robodl. Trying to get me in trouble. tsk tsk

Quote: Originally posted by The Creeper
So you still are either 11 or 12, seeing as you joined in January, this year.

Nope. Not even close. *snort* 12 was a long time ago for me.

Quote: Originally posted by Oaktree
What I read into what blissb said is that she means that she chose the username somewhere else when she was 11 or 12 and that it stuck as a general internet username for her.

Thank you Oaktree! Finaly!

~123blissb

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 1:36 AM
Just my first name and surname intitial. I couldn't remember it otherwise!
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#43 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 11:38 PM
The world may never know...

PM me with a request!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 5:13 AM
It partially stemmed from my love of combining descriptions that seem nonsensical, BUT I was also inspired by the night of the eclipse late last year (or early this year? Can't recall). I watched the sky around 2 AM, and it was a beautiful deep red hue. A bit creepy, but mostly beautiful. Didn't see the actual eclipse, but I didn't feel like staying up for it and figured I'd get a look at photos on the Internet. And that's how BurgundyStars was born.
Theorist
#45 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 6:11 AM
vhanster= 'vhan'+'ster'
Instructor
#46 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 7:35 AM
It's a part of one of my favorite songs, The Path by HIM. "I see through the darkness my way back home, the journey seems endless but I'll carry on. The shadows will rise and they will fall and our night drowns in dawn."
Inventor
#47 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 7:48 AM
Pff... no idea where I got mine. I usually go with aquaticidioticus (literature reference that I won't reveal because it's mildly embarrassing), but I wanted something different. So instead, I chose an old sn that I used on AOL Chat way back in the day. Everywhere else I'm GigaRevival, but here I'm just Giga... because I'm lazy. Although I *am* trying to get it changed; we shall see. *twiddles thumbs*

"Goonies never say die."
Instructor
#48 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 5:48 PM
I got the Name Trillian from a book I was reading at the Time (The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy) and the name Rikku from Final Fantasy 10
Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 8:41 AM
Ane.Sb from my Name "Ane Segundo Balanon". Middle Name and Last Name are Capitals! :D
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 8:48 AM
LOL my name is my XBOX live GT and the Kupo is how moogles(from FF I love moogles!) talk. "Like whatever happened to you, kupo?" and well CyGirl is from a PS2 videogame which is funny I never played it xD all I saw is the game cover and I loved how Cygirls sounded. I just removed the 's' and thats how I came w/mine *^0^* <------Moogle emote xD
Page 2 of 3