4 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Undead Molten Llama
#2926 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 3:53 AM
That kind of pool would be nice, but it would be pretty complex to make. You'd need animations for the ladder to get in and out, for one thing. I suppose the animations from Marvine's ladder could be borrowed, but getting out would look kind of funny. Don't know if the swimming animations would work being bound by the walls of an object, too. They don't usually work that way.

As for me....since I'm currently on a bout of playing in a hostel "apartment" lot where the "apartments" generally only have a bed in them, I'd like a mod that stops Sims from rolling wants for stoves, toilets, showers, etc when their "apartments" don't have such things. All of those things are in the common area, so they're there, but since the Sims don't "own" them themselves, those wants take up the whole want panel, and I can't get them to go away, no matter how much I reroll them. It kind of sucks because I play by filling wants, when I can, and those can't be filled and won't go away. I've looked around for a mod, and I think I've even asked in WCIF, but...nothing. So, it's the thing that, oddly enough, is at the top of my wish list.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2927 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 4:21 AM
Couldn't the animations from the hot tub be used? That is above ground.

What happens if you buy them and place them in inventory? My guess is the wants get filled and come back again, but it might be worth a try.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#2928 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 4:47 AM
Yeah, I tried buying the objects and putting them in inventory, but the wants come back. Can't get rid of the darn things. Like freakin' cockroaches, they are. Only worse because at least I could take a flamethrower or something to cockroaches. @CaliBrat linked me to these: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=122834 So, I might dissect those a bit and see if I can make toilet, etc. paintings and then invisible recolors of them and then stick them in all the apartments. YOU know which hostel I'm talking about, Jo.

Mmmm, hot tub animations might work for getting into an above ground pool, if the heights could match up. The getting-out animation would look weird, though, since the Sim stands up and hops over the side and then down the steps. But perhaps a really good modder (i.e., not me ) could do it...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2929 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:46 AM
Oh dear. Well I did say it was 'trying' to live there, I guess for the player too.

What a great download, one of those things you know you need as soon as you see it. I was going to suggest the all in one bathroom by Veranka seeing it only takes one tile and is both toilet and shower, but that is way better.

If you can make plumbing and stove ones do upload them. I have the same trouble with apartments.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#2930 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:22 AM
If I can make them, I'll share them. I'm not too good at modding, but if things aren't too cryptic with that one, I'm hoping to be able to figure out how it works so I can make them for different objects. They're old objects, so I doubt the creator's still around to pester.

Theorist
#2931 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:38 AM
Actually @iCad ... her last login was Feb 28th, 2015 so she just might be able to answer. If she's willin, now that's another story :D
Undead Molten Llama
#2932 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:01 AM
True, but who knows if they're still playing 2 or have moved on to 3 or 4. In any case, I like to try to figure things out myself, first.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2933 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:08 AM
She has a kind of tutorial up in the comments. http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/gwil...71_original.gif

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2934 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The trouble with the Talk interaction is that they break off the conversation as soon as one Sim says something that the other Sim finds uninteresting.

That's probably the main reason it bugs me. If they'd do that and then move on I could ignore it, but since they stop talking it means I need to line up 5 talk interactions to have a chance of them having a conversation. I agree that sitting down tends to make it happen less, plus the whole not stopping just because they disagreed.

Maybe I'll figure out how to mod it one day. So many projects, so little time. Curse this med school getting in the way of my simming
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2935 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:43 PM
They don't leave if you choose 'talk-hang out'.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#2936 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
That's probably the main reason it bugs me. If they'd do that and then move on I could ignore it, but since they stop talking it means I need to line up 5 talk interactions to have a chance of them having a conversation. I agree that sitting down tends to make it happen less, plus the whole not stopping just because they disagreed.

Maybe I'll figure out how to mod it one day. So many projects, so little time. Curse this med school getting in the way of my simming

Macrotastics by Pescado over at MATY: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...php?topic=208.0

@gummilutt With Macrotastics in, you can have your sim click on another sim and you will get a new menu: "Socialize..." When you click that, you get two or three options: "Friendly," "Unfriendly," and "Romantic" (sometimes). I'm not sure what decides whether you get the third or not; possibly gender preference? Pick "Friendly," and your sim will queue up various friendly interactions, like Tell Joke or Chat and will continue with this until the STR between the two is 100 or you tell them to stop, whichever comes first. (I think they'll also stop if they're close to starving, passing out, or peeing their pants.) If the topic of conversation didn't go well and the Chat interaction drops out of the queue, no problem. Your sim will try again, possibly even with a different topic. (I don't pay attention to speech bubbles much, so I'm not sure.) Works like a charm!

Choosing "Unfriendly" will do the same thing, only your sim will belch and fart and insult the other sim's mother, and won't stop until their STR is -100. "Romantic" will add in romantic actions like Charm and Flirt as they become available to choose, and won't stop until the LTR is at least 70 and both sims have red hearts in their panel.

(Did I use enough parentheses, do you think? )

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#2937 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:58 PM
Thanks esme. I do have that, but I find it takes the fun out of it because it's so automatic. I also find it doesn't always work. If the first couple of interactions don't go well, and relationship doesn't go up, it'll keep triggering the same things over and over and build negative relationship or not get anywhere. I used to use it back when my Sims sometimes needed friends for a promotion, but I added a hack that ignores the friend requirement so no more

I know there are ways to work around it, but the point of this thread is to talk about things we wish existed, and that's something I wish was different
Undead Molten Llama
#2938 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
She has a kind of tutorial up in the comments. http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/gwil...71_original.gif

Yeah, trust you to point that out AFTER I figured things out.

So guess what I did? I made a toilet one, and it works. Still need to make an invisible recolor of it, though, and then make ones for a fridge, a stove, a counter, and a bathtub. I think those are the only such wants to get stuck clogging up my hostel-dwellers' wants panels, unless you can think of others. I'll share when I'm done. (Thank God I remembered my login on the SimPE site so that I could access my GUID block. ) My next upload here will be my 100th (Here, anyway), and I've never uploaded a mod here before, so....

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2939 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 2:20 AM

I find comments on downloads to often be a good place to check out.

That sounds like it. The plumbing and kitchen ones are really annoying when they live at >cough<hostels>cough<

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#2940 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

I find comments on downloads to often be a good place to check out.

That sounds like it. The plumbing and kitchen ones are really annoying when they live at >cough<hostels>cough<

Well, here they be! So, if anyone else is as annoyed as Jo and me....Have at it.

Mad Poster
#2941 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:48 PM
Icicle roof decorations. It seems like doing them in 10-degree increments would be close enough that they'd be workable for just about any roof pitch, and it would add a lot to a wintertime cityscape.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#2942 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 3:46 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 8th Mar 2015 at 4:28 AM.
Naturally growing grass that you need to mow. I would love real lawns instead of flat grass. But the game would slow to a crawl.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2943 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 4:01 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 8th Mar 2015 at 4:28 AM.
I love the idea of a growing lawn, but you are probably right about the loading and lag.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2944 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 4:06 AM
I'm sure on small lots it wouldn't be bad but anything bigger than like a starter lot would probably pose problems.

But I can dream. All outdoor grass tiles (that isn't painted over or covered by objects) "sprout" a grass object. And every day / every two days it gets taller and taller (replaced with a taller object or "grass" model at midnight, one at a time so it doesn't crash the game). Maybe click on the grass when you think it's too tall and have a Sim "Mow Lawn". And they'll pull out one of those hand-powered pushy lawn mowers from way back when. Maybe have your teen son or daughter mow the lawn while the parents sit on the porch and watch, then the parents can pay them a measly allowance of 20 Simoleon (like my house ever got allowances, though). Ahh, that would be so nice. *sparkles*

Theorist
#2945 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 4:06 AM
Try this? http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...php?f=75&t=6709

That's default replacement weeds: you can get grass, clover, or ten different types of flowers. You can also buy them and set them down and they'll start spawning. Your sim gets rid of them the same way they get rid of weeds, but they don't tank the environment or advertise to the sims to pull them autonomously -- they'll only "mow the lawn" when you tell them to.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Top Secret Researcher
#2946 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Try this? http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...php?f=75&t=6709

That's default replacement weeds: you can get grass, clover, or ten different types of flowers. You can also buy them and set them down and they'll start spawning. Your sim gets rid of them the same way they get rid of weeds, but they don't tank the environment or advertise to the sims to pull them autonomously -- they'll only "mow the lawn" when you tell them to.

Yessssss.

Installing in my game ASAP. Thank you, thank you! Boy, I really need to check out Plumb Bob Keep more often.

Edit: There's also a non-default set of these! http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...php?f=91&t=6823

Mad Poster
#2947 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 4:34 AM
A gate that works like an apartment door. Would be so nice for trailer parks.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2948 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 4:55 AM
I use both the default and non default buyable versions, they are so so much nicer.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#2949 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 9:54 PM
A hack where when someone from another lot dies they bring money with them like when they move in would be neat. For the psycho Sims that kill townies, it'd be like Grand Theft Auto where you can pick up a pedestrian's cash when you bump him/her off.
Instructor
#2950 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 3:47 AM
A hack that stops apartment neighbors from going "Oh what a beautiful morning, I'll go up to the roof/wherever the stereo is and play the same station for 24 hours and stay in that area until 2am when everyone else has gone back to their own apartments. I have no consideration for any other sims or the player, so what do I care?" I really really hate the apartment stereos. I hate them so, so very much.
Page 118 of 580