Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:31 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 9th Apr 2011 at 12:01 AM.
Default Can't unlock next Ambitions
I've been playing the "Imperial Domination" Ambition and I have 6 annexed territories, which means I should have been able to unlock the "Fame" Ambition a while ago when I had 4 annexed territories, and now the "Safe and Sound" Ambition should be unlocked too, but as you can see in the attached screenshots it's as if I hadn't earned any Ambition medals yet, when actually I should be at gold level.

Of course this is probably because of something I did, which could be:

- Because I started the new Ambition with the same Kingdom from my first one.

- Or because I've been switching back and forth from Free Time during the Ambition, but I think I started doing this when I should already have has a Silver, or at least Bronze, medal, which I never got.

Any ideas about why this is happening or any way to fix it? I tried deleting my first Kingdom (I have a back-up anyway) and "saving as" my current same/new Kingdom, but no. Maybe something in the Kingdom save folder?

To tell you the truth starting a Kingdom anew at every Ambitious just seems to me like a tedious and pointless process, and I'm not that crazy about the quests either, which is kind of making me loose all interest in this game. The only thing that really interests me is that there might be more stuff or outfits unlocked as you progress through the Ambitions or get a higher Watcher level. Unless I just forget about the whole Ambition thing and just stick to my Kingdom and play Free Time with the occasional quest in between.

(Hm, and looking at the screenshots now I see my Watcher Achievement Level has dramatically decreased all of a sudden! WTF?)
Screenshots

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:25 AM
You're letting a second save of the kingdom run down to 0 QP first, right? You need to run the points down all the way and "complete" the kingdom before the game considers it done.

If you did, I'm afraid it's probably a result of changing the ambition, since much of this hasn't had a chance to be properly tested yet.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:31 AM
Oh, I think I understand, the main menu only registers the medal level of the Ambition once you've finished it then?

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:48 AM
That's right. With New Beginnings I had all of the buildings built and wanted to move on to Imperial Domination, but I had like 27 quest points left and had to use all of them before that and the other ambition opened up for me.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:54 AM
Thanks a lot!