Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 9:57 PM
Default help please: weird lot adjusting problem
I started to build a store and decided I needed 10 more tiles added to the back of the lot. I counted and checked there were 10 spare tiles to the rear available. So I added 10 tiles to the lot using the lot adjuster. When I went back into the game the lot was split into two. The building and furniture to the front and the flooring to the rear as in the picture. I have tried lot adjusting it back but that just loses everything. Unfortunately I didn't keep an original copy (do I never learn?).

Anyone got any answers or remedies please? Is the lot lost? Can it be saved/rescued?

Screenshots

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 4:09 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 3rd Aug 2014 at 4:19 PM.
The LotAdjuster makes an auto-backup of your neighborhood and lot packages, but they were probably overwritten when you ran the LotAdjuster the second time. It's really a good idea to make a backup and to keep that backup until everything is working as you expect.

I've never seen this problem before. It's difficult to imagine why the furniture moved to the front of the lot and the floor tiles did not. Were you adding tiles to the back of the lot? Did you choose any of the Advanced options?

Have you done the final steps in the process? Specifically, convincing the game to regenerate the lot imposter (view of the lot from the neighborhood) by making a build change and then picking up the lot and placing it down again to regenerate the road? Specifically, I'm trying to figure out where the road actually is on the lot... whether the furniture moved forwards or the floor tiles moved back?

If you'd like to share the lot, I can see if I can determine what the problem is. However, the lot must have had the lot imposter and roads regenerated before you share it... it won't place without those steps.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 4:57 PM
Thank you Mootilda, I was hoping you'd see this.

Yes I know I should've made a back up but I didn't, hopefully this will teach me to use a copy next time.

Quote:
I've never seen this problem before. It's difficult to imagine why the furniture moved to the front of the lot and the floor tiles did not. Were you adding tiles to the back of the lot? Did you choose any of the Advanced options?
Yes, I added 10 tiles to the back of the lot. I didn't choose any of the advanced options. When I tried to undo the lot adjust, I used the subtract 10 tiles from the back in the advanced options.

Quote:
Have you done the final steps in the process? Specifically, convincing the game to regenerate the lot imposter (view of the lot from the neighborhood) by making a build change and then picking up the lot and placing it down again to regenerate the road?
Yes, I did that, although the lot was broken before I did that.

Please find the lot attached. Thank you Mootilda.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Toddlers R Us.rar (2.99 MB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Site Helper
#4 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 2:06 AM
Unfortunately, I just don't know how to solve this. I've never seen the LotAdjuster fail in this way.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 7:42 AM
Thank you for taking a look, Mootilda. I'll just have to rebuild it, not the end of the world.