Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 12:00 PM Last edited by ShadowBringer : 20th Jul 2016 at 8:43 PM.
Life without Care
You have been falsely accused of a crime (you can choose what happened) and have been put in prison. You know you don't deserve to be there but no-one cares about the truth behind the crime, you are just one of the poor people in the world who everyone thinks should be dead. One day while you are doing voluntary community service you decide to make a break for it, and succeed! Now you are alone in the world, living on the streets in a world full of the rich and the middle class. Most poor people are dead so at least you don't have to worry about fights over food. Now the survival challenge begins.

How To Start:
Create a single Sim ( can be male or female)
The Sim needs to have the Loves The Outdoors trait, the rest are up to you (if you want to pretend this is actually happening to you create yourself, just make sure you have the Loves The Outdoors trait!)
Move them into an empty lot (the size and location doesn't matter)

Your goal is to help your family to survive for at least five generations. This could be through marrige and childbirth or other means of getting a child (some of which listed below but NO ADOPTING ) You are allowed to scavenge for seeds and other items but as you have no money ( make sure you set your funds to 0 through the cheat) you can't buy items (unless stated. You can also give yourself money to pay bills or buy the lifetime reward, as long as you have no money left). If you want special events to happen you can use a random generator to determine which of the listed things will happen, or you could create your own. There is also an optional point system, for those of you who like to score things.

When it comes to raising babies and toddlers, every time you have to feed them with a bottle (which will be quite a lot, so be prepared) you will need to get rid of 5 simoleons. You could do this by buying a pink flamingo, then delete them with cheats (unless you want to have a lawn of pink flamingoes).
The things that could happen:

1-25 - There is a sudden increase in insects and other creatures that eat plant matter. You try your best to defend your crops but only three ( of your choice) survive. Delete all but three of your crops.

26-50 - A broken oil tanker causes all ponds and water sources to become infected with bacteria. You can no longer fish for a week without risking illness.

51-75 - A group of wild animals comes and steals all your food. Remove all your food from inventory and everywhere else.

76-100 - Whilst looking for food a man comes along and gives you £400. You can invest this in whatever you want.

101- 105 - You hear a small voice behind you asking for help. You turn and are surprised to see a little girl (or boy) stood behind a bush. They look hungry and in need of help. You can either:
Help them and make them in CAS so they can join your household, kill the sim they come with.
Leave them alone and watch them die.

The rest of the events are up to you. If I see a good one in a reply I may make it part of the challenge's official events.

+5 - every day your sim survives
+20 - every child that is born/acquired
+50 - every generation that passes successfully
-50 - if a child is taken away by a social worker.
-20 - every sim who dies of something other than old age
-1 - every time you need to give yourself money to pay for bills ( you can choose if you use this point, at least it means you need to get the lifetime reward)

Any suggestions for the point system will be taken into account. I will be play-testing this soon so for now tell me about any problems, I will not take offense.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 9:06 PM
you could add like -50 if child taken by social worker and have to pay for bottles to feed your kids (like buy the pink flamingo every time you have to feed, which is 5 simoleons.)
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 9:23 PM
Will have to do at some point
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heart Sims
you could add like -50 if child taken by social worker and have to pay for bottles to feed your kids (like buy the pink flamingo every time you have to feed, which is 5 simoleons.)

Good idea! The only problem would be that you would have a lawn covered in pink flamingoes, but you could just use cheats to get rid of them. I am definately adding the social worker idea.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadowBringer
Good idea! The only problem would be that you would have a lawn covered in pink flamingoes, but you could just use cheats to get rid of them. I am definately adding the social worker idea.

You could put them into your family inventory?