Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 12:59 AM
Default Origin offline
let me start by saying, ive been really excited for a cpl weeks now to fully unleash my OCD into my recently discovered sims, just purchased the sims 3 starter pack, just to get home and find i cant get past origin, i keep getting a (must be connected to the internet to log in message
ive chatted (online) and on the phone with origin with no luck as of yet
ive tried installing what came with the pack
installing from the site (origin)
the tech help im getting seems ... no help
feel free to message my on FB Aketami Nodaci if you have any thoughts how i can get my sims going

ill get to asking stupid questions about mods after i get installed

thanks
jedi
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 8:25 AM
You have the CD's then? do you really need to log in to get it up and running?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 8:43 AM
Yeah, after some time in 2012 the boxed game checks for updates via Origin and I don't know a way past that step. But OP says they are on the net, and could even install through Origin, but not run. That's fairly ugly eh? But I don't know what would account for it, or who OP could contact that would be any more help than Origin's people.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 12:27 AM
Default origin blocking my install
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You have the CD's then? do you really need to log in to get it up and running?

yes i have the CDs, origin nor ea are any help, 1 assistance call had to drop me due to a fire drill and another just hung up after getting stumped, ive also gone thru 5 different assistants with thier chat system, i would love any help ... i bought the game to keep a legit game, i am open to suggestions when it appears easier to torrent a more extensive game
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aketami
yes i have the CDs, origin nor ea are any help, 1 assistance call had to drop me due to a fire drill and another just hung up after getting stumped, ive also gone thru 5 different assistants with thier chat system, i would love any help ... i bought the game to keep a legit game, i am open to suggestions when it appears easier to torrent a more extensive game

i have skype and am will to screen share for help with this
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 2:08 AM Last edited by barbarat : 9th Jul 2014 at 2:09 AM. Reason: Added a quick note
Probably a stupid question but I'm going to throw it out there.. After logging in to Origin did you go into the Option to Redeem Your Product Code (It's in a dropdown when you click on Origin in the top bar)?

If you just went into Add game that is for digital
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Probably a stupid question but I'm going to throw it out there.. After logging in to Origin did you go into the Option to Redeem Your Product Code (It's in a dropdown when you click on Origin in the top bar)?

If you just went into Add game that is for digital

i cant get the origin launcher to connect to internet
which is the block
im not sure what you mean but the people at ea & origin seem happy with my account (which i can log into via browser)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aketami
i cant get the origin launcher to connect to internet
which is the block
im not sure what you mean but the people at ea & origin seem happy with my account (which i can log into via browser)

Oh, I thought you were having problems actually being able to install. My bad..I misunderstood your question. Hopefully someone who has experienced this will see your post and be able to help. Other than that I guess the only thing to do is keep after Origin until you finally hit someone who can actually help.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 10:07 PM
Excuse me if I'm being a noob here, but are you talking about the games launcher, where you should click on the button and start the game? Do you get some sort of error message?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 3:39 PM
Do you have any firewall that's enabled? Search on your computer for 'Firewall' and see if you can disable that, and then open Origin. Most new laptops come with a firewall included in it. But it's odd to me, that it would block Origin.

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/