Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 7:50 AM
Altering CC by inactive creators?
What's the community's general policy on editing or converting CC made by creators who are no longer active and can't be contacted?
For example, I have a bed that I loved using in Sims 3, and I want to try converting it to Sims 4, but the creator hasn't been online since 2015.

Is it best to stay on the side of caution and not do it, or would it be okay, as long as I credit the original creator and be prepared for said creator to suddenly come back and ask it be removed?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 8:37 AM
Hi, this might help you: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...es_of_Creations

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:32 AM
The community as a whole or just MTS? The link Inge gave you will explain how we look at that here at MTS.
As for the community as a whole - if a creator hasn't been online for 2 years it's generally safe to think of their cc as being abandoned.

One thing you can do that a lot of creators do - mention in your download post that if the original creator were to come back and ask you to remove your download that you will do so.