Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 11:26 PM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 25th Jul 2016 at 1:27 PM.
Default Build a Resort
Build a Resort

I thought it was time to host another contest. The contest is open to TS2,TS3 and TS4! When you are posting questions please make sure you say which game you are asking about

Qualifications to Host
I have been a contestant in Jones’ Pleasantview, Veronaville, and Build a Business, and a contestant and judge in Loaf's It Takes a Village and hosted my own contest Campus Constructors.

Concept
The idea is to build holiday resort, from a beach hut to a hotel. For some rounds you will be given the outside walls, others just the empty lot. You will need to choose where your destination is based, for example, The Mediterranean, Tropical beach, Far East, City break, Mountain retreat etc. (Be creative!) There will be four rounds plus an application round. Bon Voyage for TS2 and World Adventures for TS3 are recommended EPs to have but not essential. The properties do not have to be playable for the contest, but of course if you decide to upload them then they will need to conform to the Creator Guidelines for lots and houses.

Simmers
Simmers with any skill level are more than welcome to come and join in the fun. Although some experience of building, decorating and taking good quality screenshots would be an advantage.

Judges
I would like three judges please (I will be the emergency judge if necessary). Please post an image of a building that you have built and decorated yourself in this thread. Judges will be expected to have their round scores in within a week of the round closing.

Judge 1Judge 2Judge 3Emergency Judge
d_dgjdhhPharaohHoundtrambling101shygirlorkerri

Rules
  • This contest is for TS2, TS3 and TS4.
  • CC is allowed.
  • To qualify for the no CC bonus: No items made by another creator, with the exceptions of game modifications. OMSPs will be counted as CC for all the games.
  • You may add interior walls only to shells unless otherwise stated in the round instructions.
  • All images must meet MTS Screenshot guidelines.
  • All but the first image must be placed under [ SPOILER ] tags. You are allowed 12 images plus a front, and floor plan of each floor per round. So if there are two floors that would be 15 images.
  • Each round will last for two weeks.
  • And finally, have fun!

Helpful image taking information
Screenshot basics

Timeline
The application round will be scored. It will last for two weeks. There will be four rounds following, each lasting two weeks.

Deadline date has been updated!
Round 4 closes on Friday 15 July 23.55 BST

[B]Application Round

Departure Terminal
Build a departure terminal, for example, an airport, a railway/coach/bus station, a sea port or any other place that you might typically start a vacation/holiday from on a 4x3/40x30 plot of your own choosing (5x3 if using a beach lot in TS2). Don’t forget to think how you would get to your chosen destination from your home. So if the chosen destination is a Caribbean Island and you live on the mainland you will need to choose a sea port or an airport to build rather than a Railway station. Please state in your application round where your sim is currently living (country) and what holiday destination they are heading off to.

Requirements
  • Public telephone (removing this requirement as neither TS3 or TS4 have public telephones!)
  • Shop
  • Café
  • Public toilets

NOTE for TS3 Contestants
If you are planning on uploading your finished lots please ensure that you build on a flat plot to begin with and that it will fit in the World destination that you plan on using.

Round 1 Details
Round 2 Details
Round 3 Details
Round 4 Details

Scoring
  • Each round will have a potential of scoring 20 points from each judge.
  • 5 point bonus award for the use of no CC (awarded once per round by the host).
  • Each round will have a potential total score of 65 points.

Build skill up to 5 points
Have you divided up the building in an interesting way and does it allow for good flow?

Furnishing/decorating skill up to 5 points
Does your interior furnishing and decorating style reflect your original design and theme of your holiday destination?

Destination theme up to 5 points
Does your holiday destination reflect the original design and theme?

Requirements up to 5 points
Are all requirements present?

Contestants
I will accept a minimum of 10 and maximum of 30 contestants.

NoContestant GameTotalsApp RoundScoreR1ScoreR2ScoreR3ScoreR4Score
1justJonesTS4217.5entry57Leisure centre51B & B52Beach57.5
2cutsocksTS3125entry62Hotel63
3LetcupcakeTS4251.5entry51.5Theatre51Leisure Centre51.5Camp ground56Lake/Beach41.5
4ekrubynaffitTS2113entry55Beach58retired
5JustpetroTS2285entry55.5Family restaurant58.5Leisure Centre60Vacation home57Theatre54
6Vincent T.TS3303entry61Theatre58.5B&B60.5Leisure Centre63Beach/Amusement Arcade60
7CharmfulTS2278.5entry53.5Beach/Lake56Hotel56Souvenir shop56Campground57
8LucyBorgiaTS3144entry45.5B&B50.5Beach/Lake48
9joandsarah77TS2287entry58Vacation home58.5Leisure centre56Restaurant58Camp ground56.5
10simsfreqTS2151.5entry52Cafe49.5Convenience store50
11CatherineTCJDTS2273.5entry59.5Leisure centre55.5Camp ground55Amusement arcade53Hotel50.5
12ZarathustraTS2309entry64Theatre60Beach/Lake65Hotel64Camp ground56
13clw8TS4275entry52Vacation home57.5Camp ground56Bed & Breakfast55Convenience store +54.5
14Monsieur_OshimaTS2280.5entry58Camp ground57.5Restaurant54Vacation home52Souvenir shop59
15porkypineTS3107entry56.5Leisure centre50.5retired
16celebkiriedhelTS2103entry52.5Convenience store50.5retired
17gamer1616TS392.5entry50.5Camp ground42
18PlatinumPlumbbobTS246entry46retiredretired
19hazelnutter100TS3304entry57.5B&B62.5Home from home60.5Restaurant64Camp ground59.5
20ankoyumeTS2131entry46Camp ground53.5Theatre/Cinema31.5

Scores and Comments
Application Round
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Holiday Venues
You can only use each one once, and you will not use all of them.

Screenshots

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 11:27 PM Last edited by spladoum : 25th Apr 2016 at 2:12 AM.
Contest Approved
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 11:33 PM
So let's get this show on the road! I'm looking forward to this

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 11:54 PM
I can has apply for judge?

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 12:26 AM
I am very excited about this contest! I had a quick question though. In sims 2 the smallest beach lots are 3x5, but the rules for the application round are for a 4x3 lot. I was thinking that a beach lot would be great for a sea port, but am worried about the size of the plot being wrong. Is it okay to use the beach lot? Or should I just stick with the normal 4x3 lot?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 12:34 AM
Can you use the lotadjuster, Hannah? If so make it 4x3 or 3x4. If not I will think again

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 12:37 AM Last edited by HH22 : 25th Apr 2016 at 12:53 AM.
I will download it and have a look. Thanks Karen

Edit: I tried to edit the lot in the lot adjuster but I can only make it thinner not shorter, which would turn it into a 2x5 and not a 3x4.
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 1:44 AM
Well i would join if my sims computer didnt have a virus so may i apply for judge? I know a lot about sims 3 and a little of sims 2&4 plus it would be really fun and a honor to.
Alchemist
#9 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 2:43 AM Last edited by ekrubynaffit : 25th Apr 2016 at 4:50 AM.
Yay its here!!
Is the application round scored?
Id like to build mine on a vacation lot too, but suck at using lot adjuster!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 3:07 AM
I'd like to be a judge for the competition. Here's an image of a building I built and decorated myself (as per the request in the post):

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 5:24 AM Last edited by trambling101 : 28th Apr 2016 at 6:31 AM. Reason: readded pic
I HAVE BEEN CONSTANTLY CHECKING THE CONTEST THREAD WAITING FOR THIS COMPETITION TO FINALLY GET POSTED!

Also, sign me up for judge. I am posting a pic of one of my entries, built and decorated by me, during the final round of your Campus Constructors competition, since I am unable to launch my game at this moment and these are the best pictures I have on me, otherwise than low quality pics taken on my cell...

More pictures from my entry can be seen here.

Also, for you TS2ers struggling with the Beach Lot adjusting, there is this wonderful tutorial made by Vimpse at Tumblr which I spotted a while back and it is very useful information that should be shared! It can be found HERE.
Screenshots

Call me Seth!
Alchemist
#12 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
I HAVE BEEN CONSTANTLY CHECKING THE CONTEST THREAD WAITING FOR THIS COMPETITION TO FINALLY GET POSTED!

Also, sign me up for judge. I am posting a pic of one of my entries back from your Campus Constructors competition, since I am unable to launch my game at this moment and these are the best pictures I have on me, otherwise than low quality pics taken on my cell...

Also, for you TS2ers struggling with the Beach Lot adjusting, there is this wonderful tutorial made by Vimpse at Tumblr which I spotted a while back and it is very useful information that should be shared! It can be found HERE.

Wow seems alot of adjusting for a contest!! Good to have on file for other purposes though!

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 8:22 AM
@ekrubynaffit
@HH22
The tutorial is good, thank you trambling101, but I think if you shrunk it you wouldn't have enough space to build on so I have decided to allow TS2 to use the smallest beach lot available for this round - 5x3.

Alchemist
#14 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
@ekrubynaffit
@HH22
The tutorial is good, thank you trambling101, but I think if you shrunk it you wouldn't have enough space to build on so I have decided to allow TS2 to use the smallest beach lot available for this round - 5x3.

Awesome news thanks Karen!!

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 10:40 AM
Thank you Karen! :D
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 6:01 PM
Don't forget that if you want to be a judge you need to apply on this thread with an image of a building that you have built and decorated yourself.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#17 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 7:57 PM
Are we allowed to have sims in the pics?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 10:50 PM
Yes, you can show sims in the pictures.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#19 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 12:02 AM
Good. I know just which sim I'm sending on this trip

I'm almost done with my place of departure. I might have it up tonight. If not, probably tomorrow. I've finally (after a frustrating attempt with ts3, my PC just doesn't play well with it), I've decided to go with ts4 for this contest :D
Field Researcher
#20 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 1:48 AM
Quick Question. I'm building this Vacation spot for my PV2 hood (Pleasantview). PV2 isn't big enough to have an international terminal for vacation, so it will have a bus/train terminal to take the sim to the international terminal in the larger city (which will be a sub-hood for PV2, but is not currently built).

Do I show the bus/train terminal, or the international terminal for the first round?

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 8:45 AM
Can you get to your destination by bus/rail from where your (fictional) character lives or would they need to take a boat/plane? It's fictional so you decide whether they live on an island and are going to another land mass or vice versa or whether they are travelling overland

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#22 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 12:17 AM Last edited by justJones : 30th Apr 2016 at 11:57 PM.
I guess I will get the ball rolling on the entries

The Sunny Days Travel Agency operates it's own charter flights out of this "small" airport

This lot is cc-free. Built in TS4.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 12:21 AM
And we have our first entry! It's lovely jones, thank you

Alchemist
#24 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 3:02 AM
I love how you've used Karens sim you made, fantastic!!

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101

Also, sign me up for judge. I am posting a pic of one of my entries, built and decorated by me, during the final round of your Campus Constructors competition, since I am unable to launch my game at this moment and these are the best pictures I have on me, otherwise than low quality pics taken on my cell...

@trambling101 the link isn't working. Please can you post it again

Page 1 of 44