Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:23 PM
Default A Mental Resurrection
I realized just how much I neglected my duties as the boss of a consumer goods cartel after spending months sweating the small stuff, so I had to step back far enough to see the bigger picture.

So far, I have companies in my consumer goods cartel:
1.) a 1:6 scale doll making company: DIY Dolly (prior to returning to doll making, a fateful trip down the dolls aisle led to my father being shocked that insults such as dog-faced and horse-faced were used for the aesthetics of two brands of dolls in a very literal sense. I made the proclamation of "I can build better dolls than these!" Hence how my personalized doll making service was born.
2.) A snack company: Fremany Snacks (Fremany is a corruption of French and Germany, but the snacks we'd sell are American variations on Japanese snacks. Dad suggested a beef-and-chocolate seasonal variety of the Pocky knock-off.)
3.) A soda company: St. Virginia's of Princeton Junction (named for my late grandma who would overshoot a guest's expectations when visiting, she would gladly refill your soda cup when you were a guest at the family pizza parties)
4.) An herbal cigarette company: Ed & Ned (named after my dad and a crowd member he hung with, it can refer to herbal smoking blends or marijuana, which I am probably going to have to invest in if my panic attacks get worse. That's an option.)
5.) A restaurant chain group: Lemos Brands (named after my mother's maiden name, we believe in fresh ingredients and good foods to try under our umbrella as my mom, time and again, will say "Mama don't make junk!"
6.) A sexual health company: ALL4U (I actually have a healthy fascination with sex and the trappings that are interwoven with life on earth. From recreational to procreational, I believe that such relationships are ones where you must dote on the other and not just yourself. Hence how my print ads would be ones where the brand name is spoken by the partner.)
7.) A designer label: Pierre and Petrus (the names are actually for my ancestor on my father's family side from the Alsace Lorraine region. To French speakers, he was known as Pierre and to German speakers, he was known as Petrus. He was in higher end of social classes who married for love, which was extremely odd as most marriages in his time were of convenience.

My question is to you, do you need to prime yourself mentally before you go into a project or assignment?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 12:24 AM
Because of my long-term depression I have a huge problem with motivation, mainly maintaining it.

I start so many projects and just never end up finishing them, because I do great at first, make good time, best quality I can muster, but then the longer it takes, the pace slows, the quality drops... I just lose interested and trying to force myself to complete it either ends with me getting so bored and depressed that I'd rather stay in bed all day than face the project, or I force myself to finish, and the end product is so crappy that it end up throwing it out/deleting it anyway.

There are a few things I want to get back to eventually, I'm just waiting for the right mood and motivation levels:

1) My cross-stitch projects, one of Daria from the TV show Daria for my friend Lisa, and one of Kida from Disney's Atlantis for my friend Laura.
2) Some walls and carpets for Sims 2. I have a folder full of templates, all I have to do is add colours to them.
3) Make some clothes for my Obitsu dolls (barbie sized dolls with super poseable bodies, like action figures) out of old clothes, I have so many ideas.

I also have one that I started and left, but feel like getting back to, and that's making my own personal "Leave it to Beaver" wiki, first collecting all the information I need, then if I'm satisfied after putting it all together, I'll make an actual wikia page for it.
I'm on the last season, I've been watching on and off for years, I love it so much. It really brings my spirits up.

Hopefully I can keep at that, it'll keep me busy while my other half is away.