Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 11:17 AM
Default What did you do with your Megahood?
I've searched around and I don't think I've seen a thread like this, if there is one, my apologies.

I've just downloaded and installed a megahood with all default 'hoods, universities and a downtown. The prospect of starting to play this baby is a bit daunting, if exciting. So I was rather curious as to what other people have been doing with theirs. Have any of you had a go at playing a megahood or other combined hood? What happened to your Sims when all these previously unreachable strangers were suddenly just a walk away? Did any surprising couples pop up, did you have any interesting intermixing storylines, or did you just give up because of the sheer enormity of it all?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 11:45 AM
It has been (and continues to be) a blast. I just got home from work and there are so many storylines going on that I'd probably forget some anyway, so just a dip into it.

Juliet Capp got three bolts with Alexander Goth and dumped the one bolt Romeo. Romeo is happily dating anyone slightly attractive.

Angela Pleasant found Benedick Monty so irrisistable that she dumped his cousin Mercutio. Lilith surprisingly is sticking to young Mr. Dreamer. She had more attracting to Tank Grunt, but they also fought a lot and after all the turbulence, it is better to stick to the safe one.

Benedick and Beatrice's father married the red headed Caliente girl. Antonio Caliente is making a name for himself with his new line of hot and spicy foods. They have one son together.

After a curse that made him absolutely want to get very intimate with 20 different ladies, Don Lothario had enough. (It was his LTW.) Hoping to find a cure for his curse, he became a witch, but there was nothing he could do. He had to endure the whole thing. He then had a change of heart about many things after he stuck his head in a weird machine... He married a hula dancer from Twikkii Islands. Don and Daisy McCarthy live with their infant daughter in Veronaville, next door to the most recent Rock God Chester Gieke and his family.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 11:49 AM
I've started an Ubermegahood twice, and I'm just gearing up for a third go next weekend. (Yes, this is what I do to celebrate my country's independence.)

The first time I played a Megahood, all I wanted to do (literally!) was introduce the Roths to the Goths. One of the best things about that game was that it made me excited about Sims socializing. Before, my game style had always been skills, money, and kids.

I thought I was ready to play it through the second time, but I realized that I was letting time progress too quickly in the hood. I wanted to spend more time with the original inhabitants in their iconic state, not race them toward the grave. So, preparing for my third try, I am planning to age them one day every week. (I wish aging off worked as a userstartup.cheat, because I know I'm going to forget it.) I just need a plan for University. In the second go-round, I had so much fun integrating the neighborhood teens into their respective universities, but I also held off playing the Uni bin characters because I wanted to "save" them for the second round of teens. Maybe I just need to stop syncing so rigidly.

Most of my adult pairings were Bluewater Village Sims pairing up with main neighborhood Sims, and since you can already attach Bluewater to any 'hood, they weren't exactly bending time and space. The teens were much more exciting in their crosspollination. (Tip: if you've never used ACR, the Megahood is definitely the place start.)

I think one of the things that always disappoints me when playing the Maxis characters is that their LTW, their hobbies, and their little bio snippets don't often line up. In my custom Sims, the LTW and hobby determine the bio. In the Megahood, I don't know whether to follow their story as written or their personalities as programmed.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:32 PM
I tend to play the premade families one -two Sim days at a time.

Things I have done

Got Morty and Bella back together- aged her by 13 days so she had enough time to complete her LTW (Rock God for my Bella) and fed him Fountain of Youth potion so that Bella could catch up and he could meet his LTW- Cass dumped Don and married - Darren moved in with him and gave Bella and Morty lots of grandkids - Alex went to Uni majored in science and became a scientist just like Dad and married one of the girls from Downtown that is related to the family that used to own the House of Fallen Leaves

Strangest pairing - Nina Caliente and the nerdy tech guy from AL
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 3:54 PM
My God. I would be so slack to sync up all the families.
I have an attention span of -100 on my good days.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 8:54 PM
I started Ubermegahood aswell, but I wanted to take a break from it. There is just way too many things going on, as I always spend alot of time trying to decide what subhood to play with. I try to go through all the families and give them makeovers first, but then I easily get distracted by something and then I don't know anymore what to do next. Too many possibilities I'm going to play more with it later, just now I want to concentrate on some specific pre-made hood so I can get a hang of the charecters and relationships better.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 10:19 PM
I downloaded the Uber-Megahood as a replacement for my most-definitely corrupted Pleasantview (and I'm not talking about the pre-borkedness Maxis gave us!) even though I don't see anything untoward yet; I'd rather quit while I'm ahead... it's also there as I did a few things with Riverblossom Hills I'm not proud of.

So far, all I've done is remake the families of my self-sim, my friend-sims and a certain pair of male sims whose names will be remaining anonymous! I did it the "right and easy way", as I want to start over. Yes, there'll be a few alterations to the "script" but that's what happens when you have a larger pool of sims to play in! I'll be playing Prosperity-style too so will need to be organised for that.
Will be writing said "script" before playing, along with possibly creating a new spreadsheet to keep things straight.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 10:25 PM Last edited by BlueJalepeno : 29th Jun 2010 at 9:32 PM.
Oh boy! I love playing my megahood! I won't go in to extreme detail, but here is the outline:

(Since I've given all of the characters makeovers, if you'd like any pictures of any of the specific characters/couples/couple's kids, I will be happy to upload pictures.)

Pleasantview

Brandi Broke moved to Bluewater Village with her two sons where she met Gilbert Jacquet. Needing a place to stay, she moved in with him, and from there began dating, became engaged and married. Throughout this process, he served as the father figure to her 3rd son, whom she named Bryson. Gilbert found enjoyment from taking care of the kids, and wanted a biological family of his own with her-- they had twin girls: Berkley and Blanche. Dustin and Beau have accepted Gilbert, but treat him as more of a friend than a father figure. Brandi is now pregnant again with her 6th child. [If it is a boy it will be named Bronx, if a girl it will be named Denise.] As Denise Jacquet, Gilbert's mother grows older she sold her bakery to Landgraab Industries.

John Burb was very invested in having a family while his wife, Jennifer Burb was only focused on her career. Eventually, she moved out and a divorce followed when she suspected John was being unfaithful. John, who had considered having an affair, had not actually done so. Quickly after the divorce he met Lola Singles, a married alien-woman with one son. They were quickly drawn to each other. Due to all of the stress with her parent's relationship Lucy Burb lost her perfect and innocent reputation when she changed her style to bright, funky colors and cut her hair very short and dyed it platinum blonde. Her quirky nature caused her to become very good friends with Alexander Goth, a fellow odd-ball, but her crush on him may never be recognized by him. Lola soon gave birth to quadruplet alien-human hybrid children (who are very cute!); three of which are girls-- Azul, Zion, and Neva, with the remaining being a boy named Jame. As a general rule in my neighborhood aliens usually give birth to multiples at a time.

Dina Caliente was rooming with Brandi Broke when she moved to Bluewater Village, angrily trying to distance herself from Don who chose to date her sister instead of her. Once living with the Jacquets she felt out of place and alone until she met Malcolm Landgraab IV. She schmoozed him, attracted more to his money, and later influenced Denise Jacquet to sell their bakery to the company. Although she was in a highly profitable marriage with Malcolm, she kept her affair on with Don. Suddenly she found that she was pregnant-- which excited Malcolm as if it was a son they would have their heir. While Dina was worried if the father was Don or not, the boy came out with bright blonde hair, and the Landgraab lineage, all of his features resemble Dina though. After having this son, and wanting to be able to provide for this son, Dina took up a career in the law field. She found herself becoming the best in the law career path in all of the mega-hood, and soon she dumped Don, having lost interest in him. Surprisingly, she is interested in having another kid, hopefully a girl.

Nina Caliente and Don Lathorio moved in together and tied the knot once Nina realized she was pregnant. Soon enough, Decker and Natal were born, twin boys. A quickly following second pregnancy produced a third son named Denzel. The three boys take after Don in everything from appearence, style and personality. He is a surprisingly good father, although he has not quit his affairs. That's okay though, Nina hasn't either.

Darren Dreamer met a young woman named Sharon Wirth (from Desiderata Valley) and they had a young daughter named Dalia. When Lilith moved away, Dirk Dreamer found it easier to break the relationship off than struggle to keep it alive. Shortly after he found himself entangled with Melody Tinker (Bluewater Village), who he is seriously dating while taking care of Dalia.

Mortimer Goth found Bella and she rejoined the household as of if nothing had happened. Alexander Goth has been dating a townie and been more focused on his studies, while everyone in the family has their attention on Cassandra Goth as she broke her engagement with Don when her father had found a better match for her, in the science field. Lazlo Curious joined the Goth family through marrying Cassandra, taking the Goth last name and having produced one kid named Coriander (a boy), followed by Colorado (another boy), with others on the way. Cassandra is hoping for 6 kids, and hopes to bring the Goth family to it's historic status.

Daniel Pleasant was caught in the bedroom with Kaylynn Langerak by his wife Mary-Sue Pleasant. She filed a divorce and moved out to far, far away into a desert- taking her favorite daughter Angela with her, and no one in Pleasantview has heard from either of them since. (Except for Lazlo Goth.) Daniel was overwhelmed by the guilt of having the affair and broke it off with Kaylynn and moved away to a land known as Veronaville, with his remaining daughter Lilith. Lilith Pleasant thrived off of the seperation from her sister, she was always there to comfort her father, and may be producing grand children according to his wishes in the future with her new boyfriend, Tybalt Capp. The two have an angsty-rock band and are inseparable.

Kaylynn Langerak after being cheated on, and having many horrible brake ups with both boys and girls, settled down with a townie named Tazama Shaw (an African name) that had ghostly white skin with red hair and freckles. Kaylynn was devastated by the brake up with Daniel, especially since she was carrying his child. The pregnancy produced a boy, who she named Truman, which she has mothered quite well, and she has also produced a blonde baby girl named Kande (an African name to resemble the baby's father.) She plans on having 4 additional kids as well to fill the mansion that Tazama bought for her.

Herb and Coral Oldie were confused about their successful daughter's (Mary-Sue Pleasant's) brake up; and even further confused when they received another wedding invitation in Strangetown. Once there they realized that Mary-Sue had taken Angela with her to the Curious household, where Mary-Sue had fell in love with Pascal Curious, who had birthed his own alien daughter, Etoile (French for star). Mary-Sue and Pascal had two other kids, Pearl and Pete, and have been happy ever since. Angela is still with Dustin, despite the distance. Herb and Coral have been living in the refurnished mansion alongside their family.

I'm not sure if you read all that, but if you did, like this post so I know! (I don't think anyone will...)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 11:08 PM
Sounds like everyone's having fun with their megahoods Do you guys play in rotation or just pick random households as you feel like? I tend to be a bit of a micromanager and play my hoods in one-week rotations. Currently working on making over all the sims and the 'hoods, which is quite a bit of work in itself. I've picked a very 'light' megahood, just pleasantview, strangetown and veronaville together.
Scholar
#10 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 12:06 AM
I really wanna get an Ubermegahood, but I would never be able to do a rotation. I have (*counts*) let's see, three plus four plus two... nine playable houses and apartments and I can't even do a 1-day rotation. I've barely gotten a few of the households past Tuesday. *snicker*
For some reason HP's ubermegahood din't work for me (?) But the very idea of it is just so appealing... I'LL DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN!! *marches off*

Okay, here's what I'll do with my Ubermegahood.
1) Pleasantview - Get Bella back. The real one. I haven't done it before just because... I dunno.
2) Goths and Roths meet and become instant enemies.
3) Pleasantview - Kill the Caliente's. Either that, or maybe add 'em to the townie pool. Hey, those would be some pretty good townies! More interesting than Goopy, I'd say.
4) Strangetown - Get Nervous out of that cellar and get him a good wife or something. Maybe... Mary Sue Pleasant. After she breaks up with that... Daniel. Or maybe get someone out of one of the colleges.
5) Belladonna Cove - I love this neighborhood. Okay, I'd set up Samantha and Armand again (that's what I did in my last Belladonna Cove), and then Samantha becomes a witch, and then she makes Armand and Tara witches. Of course Kimberly becomes an evil witch. She makes Justin What'shisface an evil witch spontaneously, and Tara and Justin break up. Er, that's all the witchiness I'll allow for now.
6) Pleasantview - Don Lothario dies.
7) Desiderata Valley - I don't know anyone in this neighborhood, so I'll just make them townies or something. Too interesting to kill but too boring to play, I think. I've never played this place. The only thing I like about it is the neighborhood template.
8) Veronaville - Complete makeovers. Oh, and Romeo and Juliet will die, of course.
9) Pleasantview - Mortimer gets abducted by aliens. When Alex grows into a teen, he does too.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:51 AM
I try playing in rotations, but not strictly. I estimate and roughly keep all of the houses at the same amount of playing time. There are some households than I find entirely dull, and those I kill off, and don't mention here. If I do mention them, I write that they 'moved away'.

Killing the families that I haven't the remotest interest in is beneficial as I have less families. Also, I tend to combine households quite a bit; and work that into a plot line so that I have less houses. Grandparent's usually live in the same house as their kids and grandkids.
Inventor
#12 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 7:46 AM Last edited by anothereyjana : 29th Jun 2010 at 7:47 AM. Reason: incorrect quoting
More interesting than Goopy, I'd say.--Kalicat

Actually, HP has already gotten rid of Goopy in the Megahoods. Honestly, I was a little disapointed by this, as I had planned to give him to the Beakers after I moved Nervous out, but oh well, I ended up getting a better idea anyway.

Get Nervous out of that cellar and get him a good wife or something. ---Kalicat

Did you check his attraction scores first? Not sure about others, but in my game it said that his attraction scores for females was -10...
Actually, what I did with the Beaker house was snag Pascal Curious on a walk-by, and see if they liked each other (since they were already friends), which they did, but only one bolt, so, I made up the story that they moved from friends to crushes. Pascal gave Nervous the courage to sneak out and try and report the Beakers, who have avoided jail, but are currently under investigation. Nervous currently lives with the Curious brothers and helps Pascal with his pregnancy and with the baby when he/she arrives. (Or at least, that's what will happen when I build them a new house--I actually did like the design of the origional Curious house, but it was far too small for the brothers themselves, much less the additions of Nervous and Pascal's alien baby!) Since they only have one bolt, I know that eventually there will be a break-up, so I'll have to keep an eye on them to make sure that it will be on ambiable terms, since I want them to remain friends. Nervous will try and get to know his mother better (how the relationship goes will depend on the sims themselves, I'll just set up the meetings), and ultimately end up getting his own place eventually (possibly when alien-baby reaches childhood). Lazlo and the other curious brother (the boring blond one who's name I forget) will also get their own seperate homes, and Pascal and alien-spawn will move back into a remodeled Curious house (the one the alien baby was concieved in). All other events/matches will be determined by the sims.
As for the rest of Strangetown;
Circe and Loki Beaker ended up with a Bigfoot-In-A-Box named Harry, and a "captured" werewolf named Canis. Circe had an affair with Canis, and a daughter by him, named Lunaris, and soon after, she became pregnant with Loki's child (still in utero). Loki currently HATES Canis (even though I used Sim Blender to remove furiousness, Loki still has a -100 score when it comes to Canis), while the werewolf himself seems oblivious as to why, though he doesn't always take too kindly to Loki pokeing and shoving him. Canis will eventually "escape" (since he's a romance sim and I may want more drama and illigitimate werewolf babies down the road) to rejoin his "pack," led by his brother, Lupus. Harry the bigfoot will be the nanny for both of the children, as no one else in the house seems inclined towards childcare. Since his lifetime want is apparently to become a Prima Ballerina (WTF?!? ), he will start a career in the dance world once both the children reach either the childhood or teen stage (I have Monique's Individual Aging Clock, and I like to use it to give my sims a bit more time without making them flat-out immortal.).
In the Smith household, I plan to use cheats to make Pollination Tech and Jenny have one last child together, before aging Jenny up to elder when child #3 reaches kid stage, to simulate a later-in-life pregnancy. Also, re-unite them with Polly's other two daughters (who will still live on another lot, just will visit the Smiths) to see how Jenny, Johnny, Jill, Chloe, and Lola all respond to one another.
As for the Singles, I plan on putting them in a large house and plopping Chester Gieke in with them, just to see how he handles living with four attractive single women.

Honestly, I don't really have a lot of concrete plans for the Megahood, (since most everyone else seems to have whole scripts written out) I mostly just want to do a little re-arranging then sit back and see what my simmies do (I would go into more detail about my plans for the other sections of the 'hood, but my post is already waaay too long).
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 10:27 PM
I edited my earlier post with the rest of the children's names that I left out, and in this post I will describe what is happening in the rest of the neighborhoods' characters.

Again, if you'd like to see any pictures of certain character's I'll be happy to upload just let me know! They all have been made over!

Strangetown

Nervous Subject ran away one night from the Beaker's captivity. Once Nervous managed to seduce Circe Beaker, she was much more relaxed on the security of the cell she locked him in. The night he left she realized she was pregnant. To her relief, the father was not Nervous, but her husband, Loki Beaker. She had twin boys (just like every other one of my sims!), which she named Perses and Aeetes after other figures of Greek mythology. Aeetes is a splitting image of his father, and Perses of his mother. They destructed their house during one experiment on their children, and rebuilt a 3 story-modern laboratory to continue conducting experiments. They hope that their children will pick a love for the sciences as well.

Nervous Subject ran away because he was pregnant from an experiment with alien abduction by Circe and Loki. He did not want his child to be experimented on as well, so after visiting Pascal who housed him for a while, he moved to live with his mother, Olive Specter. There he had his son (who came out surprisingly good looking) named Neon. Wanting more children and a family, he tried on his own to become abducted, and he was. On the day of Olive's death, he found out he was pregnant from another alien abduction, if it is a girl he will name it Olive, and if a boy, he will name it Oliver, in memory of his mother.

Ophelia Nigmos is engaged to Johnny Smith and they live together with Nervous and Neon. Once married she hopes on having a family with Johnny, but they are both pursuing their careers for right now. She hopes that her alien kids will be friends with those of Nervous.

After Johnny Smith moved out of his house, his mother, Jenny Smith began an affair with a townie, as she was unsatisfied with her relationship with her husband PT9 Smith. She soon found out she was pregnant with the townie, and soon later had Jade Smith, who looks just like Jill Smith but with black hair. PT9 still believes Jade is his child, but Jenny broke off the affair when she realized she was pregnant. She has since changed her ways and rekindled her romance with her husband. Meanwhile, Jenny Smith is in an intimate relationship with Buck Grunt.

The singles household split into many directions after they all roomed with each other for a while. Lola Curious-Smith met Andrew Martin (Riverblossom Hills) who moved in with his son Jacob Martin. Lola became pregnant with Andrew's child and had an alien-human hybrid son named Marcel, whom she left when she ran away to Pleasantview to pursue John Burb. Her sister Chloe Curious-Smith, met a hispanic townie named Oliver Seavey, who she had a son with named Calico. Marcel is very good friends with his cousin, Calico, which has helped him through his mother's run away. Lola's runaway ruined her relationship with her sister, and the two are about as close as Lilith and Angela. Oh and Chloe is pregnant again. (Her kids are adorable.) Erin Beaker left to Veronaville where she met Kent Capp, and married him, becoming a part of the Capp heritage. She had twins with him, a boy and a girl, Kelser and Emmeline. She is pregnant again, and has kept in close touch with Chloe. (I plan for their kids to marry.)
Kristen Loste headed to Riverblossom Hills, in a small house near a lake, where she resides with her husband Phil Haggerty, whom she had a daughter with named Porsche (well Kristin is a Fortune-Aspiration Sim after all..). Although she rarely see's them, she still has lengthy phone conversations with her old roommates, except for Lola who seems to be kicked out of the friend circle.

General Buzz Grunt began having sexual relations with his maid, as his son Tank married townie Virginia Kwa, and impregnated her with twin boys, which will be born soon and named with a highly military style. When Ripp Grunt hit adulthood, he took his younger brother Buck and moved away, no longer wanting to be with his father, who was no longer fathering them but instead enjoying his time with his exotic maid.

Vidcund Curious buffed up when he began pursuing a career in the police force, where he met his future wife, townie Shelby Curious. (She may be the prettiest female sim in my game). With her he had a daughter named Victoire, who has her Vidcund's father's dark skin tone. (This is odd because both of her parents are very white). They live happily in their house which was constructed as only a Sci-Fi nerd would, over a lake with modular rooms, and quite nerdy decor. His brother Lazlo Curious married Cassandra Goth; as Pascal Curious married Mary-Sue Oldie.

Ajay Loner moved to Veronaville where he met the lonely Bianca Monty, and took the Monty name. They live in a small cottage, while pursuing their careers and parenting their kids-- Alka, a girl, and toddler Adri, a boy. (The names are Indian after their father.) Against the wishes of her family, Bianca is refusing to raise the kids with a hate for the Capps.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 11:01 PM
I haven't messed around with mine much, but Bianca and Darren Dreamer now have a kid, and the teenager is off to collage.

I believe I patched up Mary-Sue and Deniel's marriage, then had Mary-Sue crack under all her career pressure, and fall in to the arms of Don something, and then they both died in a 'accidental' fire which Lilith stats was 'Her fathers fault!'

The Broke's became rich, Brandi had a child with her own son, and a child with her self, and is currently in a relationship with a clerk at a OFB store of mine.

Angela became a vampire, and moved out. She maxed out all her skills. Then, she locked two townies in her basement, and watched them rot away. XD To this day, she continues to get rid of all those deemed ugly!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Inventor
#15 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by refox_14
Brandi had a child with her own son, and a child with her self, and is currently in a relationship with a clerk at a OFB store of mine.

Lol, sounds like nice Jerry Springer fodder!

As for my own Pleasentview, I'm still in the makeover/remodeling stage, but I do have a few plans here and there.
I moved the Brokes into a larger house, which I then "trashed up."
I plan on breaking up Mortimer Goth and the Caliente sister, then moving Bella back into the Goth house. Cassandra and Don will most definately break up as she's too good for him and I want him to do a bit more manwhoring first.

Don was moved out of his tiny house and will be moved into a pseudo-apartment (I don't have Apartment Life) with two other bachelors, a random romance sim I will make, and the brown-haired guy who came with pets (he comes with the small dog, he looks pretty good with a makeover). The three will act as sort of a Pleasentview brat pack, running around wooing (and woohooing when they get the chance) all the ladies, partying, and just generally living it up for awhile.

The Dreamers are getting a different house, with a small memorial flowerbed/grave for the mother, who will not be ressurected, and a backyard "art studio" for Darren. I will try and see if Darren and Cassandra get along, but, ultimately, any relationship progress will be up to them.
The Calientes will be getting a larger house, out of which they will attempt a home salon/spa.

Daniel Pleasent will eventually be caught cheating by his wife. What happens to him will mostly depend on how mad Mary-Sue will be. Lilith Pleasent will delve further into the arts and start a band. Angela will continue being a bitch to her sister for no reason (at least, until she starts annoying me too much), when she's not out trying to become uber-popular. If the fighting between the two sisters becomes too annoying, I'll get Lilith her own place, or have her move into a new house with a few other teenage friends.

As for Riverblossom Hills and Bluewater Village, I don't have any plans outside of makeovers for them, since the characters all seem pretty boring, so they'll mostly be used for breeding. I'm already trying to see if I can set up the teenaged Jocque daughter with Tank Grunt since they seem to come from similar backgrounds/interests. That way they can go off and be nice and boring together (When you get Tank away from Ripp, he's actually a really sweet guy, Ripp just seems to bring out the worst in him. The only drawback is that he is so painfully DULL when he's not beating up Ripp).

I do have larger plans for Veronaville, but I'll have to put them in another post, since they'll be looooong.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 2:54 PM
anothereyjana- *Bows* I do try. XD

Your megahood sounds like it will be epic of all epicness!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Inventor
#17 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by refox_14
Your megahood sounds like it will be epic of all epicness!

Lol, thanks. I wasn't really trying for epic (with maybe the exception of Veronaville), I was just going for what sounds interesting/entertaining!

As for Veronaville itself, well, I think that the Montys and Capps are far too "tolerant" for families that are supposed to savagely hate one another. So, I'm probably going to lower everyone's relationship scores to reflect that, with the exception of Romeo and Juliet's. I don't plan on PURPOSELY breaking them up, the way I see it, I won't really have to, what with Romeo being a romance sim, he's bound to cheat on Juliet sooner or later, which will then make her hate him. So, if anyone is capable of putting the feud to rest, it's certainly not them, they just don't seem to have what it takes in my eyes. The only ones who won't hate the rival families will be the children, since it just seems wrong to bring them into the fighting like that.

And the families most definately WILL be fighting one another; I have many useable weapons downloaded, and I've already decided that if one of the Montys or Capps kills another, they will not be resurrected, unless they're a player in some story I've got planned (so Tybalt, Mercutio, Hermia, and, for the moment, Romeo and Juliet are all safe [though Romeo and Juliet may no longer be exempt from death once they break up]), so if they die, they'll become a casualty, and be moved to the family cemetary.

Hermia is already a casualty in a sence. She isn't dead, but when I gave her a makeover, I added several scars to the right side of her face, to indicate that she'd been badly injured in one such family scuffle. She has "grown" her hair to cover the right side of her face somewhat, and I've used the scars as a backstory for her shyness, as unfortunately the world is not always kind to women who look "different," and tells you that scars are "ugly" on women (luckily, I don't take this view in real life, and am not one to conform to traditional beauty standards. I think that the scars actually make Hermia look more fetching and mysterious, and Puck agrees!). That's why she's in such a torn-up state of mind at the moment; on the one hand, she loves Juliet and wants to see her happy, and hopes that maybe her and Romeo's relationship will help quell the violence, as Hermia is just as tired of the fighting. But, at the same time, she also hates the Montys, and how much the war has broken up her family, and it is hard for her to forget who her enemies are when she's reminded every time she looks in a mirror.

Also, there may be other families I create (since, if memory serves, the Montys, Capps, and Summerdreams are the only families there at the moment), who will form allegiances with the various families, and will show it by displaying the family's "colors." I've found that I tend to unintentionally assign colors and color schemes to certain sims or families, and I will be taking full advantage of this little quirk of mine. The Monty's colors are bright red and white, so the "main" family (Romeo and Mercutio's) will be dressed in them, as well as prominently displayed in their homes (ex., the tapestries, drapes, bedsheets, some of the furniture, nothing TOO gaudy looking, though). In contrast, the Capps (the main family being Tybalt, Juliet, and Hermia's) colors will be a darker red (more of a crimson) and black. The branch and allegiance families will simply have bits here and there in their homes (tapestry, maybe some drapes), and might wear a BIT of it, such as a t-shirt or pants, but it won't be quite as much as the main families. The Summerdreams will not have allegiance colors, but I have taken to giving them earthy colors, and well as "royal" ones like red, gold, purple and deep blue, to symbolize that they're rulers of the fairy world (since faries are so connected with nature).

As for the Summerdreams, they will have an interesting neighborhood position; on the one hand, they will be the ones keeping Veronaville running (being in charge of the family and public cemetaries [since fae are also sometimes associated with death and the afterlife in the old ledgends], Titania running an "orphanage" [more on that in a minute], etc.), but also try and avoid interfering in "mortal affairs" and keep a neutral position on the Monty/Capp feud. Since they are fairies, they actually WILL be immortal (i.e., use Monique's aging clock to keep them all at adults), as will those who MARRY into the family, and any children BORN into the family. However, if one of them "flees the fay kingdom" (i.e., marries or moves into one of the other sub-hoods), they will loose their immortality (like if one of them [besides Oberon, he and Titania are exempt ] has an affair with a sim in another sub-hood). Babies, toddlers, kids, and teens will all age, but will stop upon reaching adulthood, and any elders will be created as elders, and will not die.

I also plan on making Titania and Oberon behave a little closer to their Shakesperean counterparts as well. Oberon (and occasionally Titania, but mostly Oberon) will have many affairs and the occasional illigitimate child (illigitimate children raised "outside the kingdom" [in another household besides the Summerdreams or a member of their "court"] will not be immortal). I also plan on re-enacting the bit with them fighting over a child. I plan on making a female "fairy" or "nymph" (colored skin tone, elf ear face template, etc.), who is good friends with Titania, but dies in childbirth. Unbeknownst to Titania, the father of the child is actually Oberon. Titania takes in the child (as it has "fae blood" from both sides, it can also be immortal without violating the rules) and raises it (this is also my attempt to bring in more colorful and fairy-like skintones into the family).

This (and possibly having one last baby herself) reminds her of her love of children, so she takes it upon herself to act as Veronaville's social worker (since the Maxis ones are nuked thanks to hacks :D). Any children who are orphaned or have neglectful parents will be "spirited away" (teleported) to the Summerdreams where they will be raised by Titania. Upon reaching the later teen years they will be sent to college or back to the neighborhood, where they will resume their mortal lives (as they are ADOPTED and not BORN into the family, they will age and eventually die). I am planning on having a similar system in the other sub-hoods and in my custom hoods, with an actual orphanage, and with some of the kids being "adopted" or given to "foster families," while others simply grow up within the orphanage. However, in Veronaville, Titania will do it all, thus hopefully satisfying her needs as a family sim.

As for the atmosphere of Veronaville itself, it is something of a mash-up of modern and archaic. They will have modern technology (tvs, phone, radio, computers, etc.) and clothes, and things like equality between the sexes and no discrimination against different religions or sexuality (as with all of my hoods), but will also do archaic things like have clan colors and have Lord and Lady titles, and most of the houses will look like remodeled castles or Tudor-era buildings.

Whew, that was long!
Inventor
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 10:46 PM Last edited by appelsapgodin : 4th Jul 2010 at 1:58 AM.
I just installed HP's megahood because this tread made me curious and I was deliberating playing the maxis hoods for a little change anyway (my legacy is at gen 4 now and I need a break)

I made a spreadsheet in excel to keep up with the families and am atm installing the daytimer in every houshold so I can start playing all hoods on rotation. I hope I will have a bit of fun with this, it has been such a long time that I played the maxis made sims. I'd forgotten how fun some of the relationships and aliens and all are. My legacy is far too vanilla, so I can have some interaction fun with these pre-set relations.

I am wondering if there is a list somewhere so that I can see which family in the family-bin came with which expansion. So that I can start out in the right hood with them when I put them in houses. Does anybody know if there is something like that around?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 11:17 PM
Appelsapgodin:

Pleasantview - Burbs and Oldies
Veronaville - all Monty and Capp families (4)
Strangetown - the Singles and Ajay Loner
Bluewater Village - Chester Gieke and the Larson twins
Riverblossom Hills - Alexandra O'Mackey, the Ramaswamis, and the Ottomas family
Desiderata Valley - the Picaso family and Julian Cooke
Belladonna Cove - the Gavigans, the Goodies, and the Newsons

Not neighborhood-specific
If you have Pets: Cyd Roseland and the Crittur family (two dogs) + the two houses occupied by Tara Kat and the Kims
If you have BV: the Traveller family
Scholar
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 11:47 PM
Mangaroo - technically the Ottomas and Picasos and Gavigans and them aren't really neighborhood specific, right? They don't really know anyone in the neighborhood... except maybe Patricia Wan...

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Inventor
#21 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 2:05 AM
Thanks Mangaroo, that is very helpful. I got all EPs an SPs so this list is great.

Currently still installing timers, setting 2nd aspirations and giving everyone a little makeover. Playing every lot for 1 day to get this started. Am I glad I got default face replacements. With the better face shapes I only have to upgrade some make-up and brows and do better clothes and hair. Don't have to be so afraid of the results when the maxis sims start to reproduce now.

I also had incredible fun with seeing Angela and Lilith Pleasant fight. I haven't had a fight in game for ages. Now I must see if I can get someone in desperate needs.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#22 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 5:55 AM
Kaila, I was following the rule of new families belonging to the new neighborhood introduced in each EP. As far as storylines go, you're absolutely correct: except for Alexandra, the bin Sims in the last four 'hoods have no connections to any families already living in those hoods, nor do their bios specifically mention the neighborhoods. And they are dumped in the Sim bin for every neighborhood (which is why I began using clean templates). In my megahood, I place a number of those bin families downtown, reflecting their transitional status.

Appels, I'm in the middle of laying down synctimers as well. However, I'm a bit confused about what you wrote about template replacements. Those don't change the facial sculpt of existing Sims, unless you perform surgery on them using the templates as a base. A default replacement skintone can make a huge difference in their appearance.
Inventor
#23 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 8:04 PM
A damn... You're right Magaroo, they only have effect on non-playables. But indeed it must be the default skin and eye replacements I use that make the huge difference in appearance.

I guess this just shows how incredibly long ago it was I ever touched something EAxis made and that I would probably die of hideousness-fright if I had to play a version of Sims2 without prettier custom defaults for everything. I have so much replacement stuff that I sometimes wonder if there is anything left of the visuals that were originally there. Better skies, better eyes, better skin even better feet and toes... lol.
Scholar
#24 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 9:07 PM
I know I said I'd got a rough "script" lined up for the Megahood, but two families in and it's pretty much been thrown out of the window! Brandi Broke somehow managed to end up with QUADS (thank the associated hack - I installed "random only") so it's total chaos there, not to mention extremely cramped!
As for the Pleasant house, it's scandalous! So much for simply "twins grow up and move to college, Angela gets engaged to Dustin, Lilith drops Dirk and finds love with a blue-haired dormie"... now we've got Angela pregnant with Dustin's baby, though to save face with the neighbours (and allow Angela to make something of her life) Mary-Sue is going to fake a late-in-life pregnancy and raise the child as hers and Daniel's. Lilith made a booty call to Dirk, but thankfully she is NOT pregnant. Daniel and Mary-Sue are furious with each other; Mary-Sue caught Daniel snogging the maid! But then it wasn't subtle - he did so right in front of her! To be honest, Lilith running away just after coming home from school was about as "normal" as it got...
One wonders what will happen regarding the Goth family. Only time will tell I suppose!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
Brandi Broke somehow managed to end up with QUADS

Oh my...

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Page 1 of 5