Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2016 at 1:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Empty Lot Bin
Normally the Game has lots with a Building that one can install in the Lot Bin and one can add more of these kind of lots to the lot bin for later placement.

Today for some reason when I tried add a lot to my Downtown, all of the lots in the Lot Bin looked normal with the pics of the Buidings, but when I added the lot there was no building.

I quit without saving and then tried to load the game again, it didn't load in the usual time so I replaced the Sims 2 folder with my backup.

The backup loaded fine and so I placed a copy of SimBowl Lanes renaming it in the process and added the batbox to the lot and went back to the neighborhood and quit.

Then I reloaded the game and I discovered to my dismay that this time there were no Buildings in the Lot Bin at all, the Downtown Neighborhood had all of the buildings etc., but there were no Buildings in the Lot Bin.

Is there a way I can fix this sort of problem? Cause?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th May 2016 at 8:40 PM
Sounds like Mac user has file limit reached. Probably someone who knows better about Mac can help.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 2:34 PM
Does anyone that is familiar with Macs think that this is a problem that has to do with having too many open files?

Another question is am I correct in thinking that .mp3 files in the Music folder count as open files?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 12:21 AM
Default Empty Lot Bin {Mac}--Solved
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Does anyone that is familiar with Macs think that this is a problem that has to do with having too many open files?

Another question is am I correct in thinking that .mp3 files in the Music folder count as open files?

my answer from Aspyr Support

"Please run First Aid on your Hard Drive (if you have not done so already). To do this, go to Applications/Utilities and open the Disk Utility app. Select your Hard Drive, then First Aid from the top of the menu. Once that finishes, throw out your .plist file located in

Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Preferences/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore.plist

Please press cmd+shift+G to bring up a search window and type in ~/library to access this directory.

Once that file is in the trash, empty it out, restart your Mac, and relaunch the game.
Aspyr Support"

I did as instructed and the problem I was having did not reappear. :lovestruc

So it looks like the issue was resolved and I just wanted to share in case anyone else with a Mac has this problem.